Old 4th October 2002, 15:35   #1
filadelfia

Video playback on windows XP???

Hi!

need some help, kind of newbie!

When i play video files(avi) on my laptop(windows 2000) it works properly, i get both picture and sound. But when i try to play them at home on my stationary computer(windows XP) it doesn't work.
I just hear the sound, no picture, and I wonder why, can someone plz help me???
is it windows XP that is the problem????

regards fille
Old 5th October 2002, 01:21   #2
fordracer89

Hey, does any one know how to keep WINAMP from taking over all the video and music files I have down loaded? The music doesn't bother me as much as the video's do. In fact, that is he only reason i got WINAMP in the first place so I could burn cd's faster, now all my movie and video files run through WINAMP and I don't like it as well as Window's Media Player. Any help is much apperciated.
Old 5th October 2002, 01:29   #3
Siefis

Send a message via AIM to Siefis Send a message via Yahoo to Siefis
Okay, here is a possible fix for ya, if you know where the file associations are located then deselect all of the files that are associated with winamp as far as video files go, like .avi .mpg .mpeg and so on. If you don't know where it is, it should be in the preferences section or right click anywhere on the player and click on preferences and go to file associations I believe, I run winamp2 but I do have WA3 just to tinker with it and to help others out with various technical problems. But anyway, try that and see if it will work, as far as media player goes, try reassociating the files in the options and see it that helps you out any, but first deselect the files that you don't want WA to use.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Technical Support