Old 16th January 2003, 16:16   #1
ctkatz8086

video bug(?) for video, 488

mods, place this in whatever forum you think it needs to be in.
i have a subtitle add-on (not for winamp) that automatically pops up when i play a movie that has a subtitle file with it. this has never been a problem (and in fact looks better than the one for winamp). the problem is with one movie and one movie only, a few good men. every time i play that movie:
1) the video window blows up to full screen (without being fullscreen) meaning i can't use the controls because there is no scale button and i can't move the video window, only resize it (mmd3 skin).
2) the video is a consistant 5 seconds behind the audio and the video doesn't catch up to the audio.

is there anything that i need to change to the video window preferences or the subtitle file itself?

Old 20th January 2003, 01:05   #2
Funkstar De Luxe

Send a message via ICQ to Funkstar De Luxe
Hmm... Sounds like bad encoding.
Old 20th January 2003, 14:55   #3
guycouch

Re: video bug(?) for video, 488

Quote:
1) the video window blows up to full screen (without being fullscreen) meaning i can't use the controls because there is no scale button and i can't move the video window, only resize it (mmd3 skin).
catch up to the audio.
Did you try double clicking?
Quote:
2) the video is a consistant 5 seconds behind the audio and the video doesn't
Did you try skipping forwards 5 seconds and then skipping back? I've found WA3 has very very good audio syncing during seeking.

I have 1 movie that tweaks out in a spot and throws off the A/V sync. but if I a) skip forward/back again, it's fixed or b) just start the movie after that spot.
Old 21st January 2003, 00:56   #4
ctkatz8086

1) yes, problem still occurs.
2) yes, problem still occurs.

Old 16th May 2003, 21:53   #5
C4Matt

i have the same problem with the mmd3 video window. it blows up and you can't scale it back down. i have a feeling it's just bad programming. closing the vid window, then closing winamp3, then restarting the computer has helped. but on certain movies, the problem still occurs.
Old 16th May 2003, 23:04   #6
JonnyMac

In Winamp...
Ctrl+P (for preferences) > Video > uncheck "Auto resize video window to video demsions"

Does that do the trick?
Old 20th May 2003, 01:48   #7
C4Matt

That suppresses the malfunction if the window doesn't initially open big. Sometimes, I'm not sure what causes it, but when I open the video window it is oversized from the start, so I still can't get to the bottom part of the window to grab on to it and move it. Thanks for the tip, though.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion