Old 21st January 2011, 17:55   #1
floechen

SDK 5.55 VIS Issue

Hi,
i'm new in winamp plugin development. I want to code a vis plugin for my led cube. I have written some test apps to test my usb connection. But after i have downloaded the sdk i could not find some vis samples / headers.

My questions is, are there some easy vis samples in c++ or c#?
I have tried google, but i haven't found anything useful. Only Delphi sources, but i don't know delphi/pascal well (of course i don't own a licence of delphi).
floechen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 20:32   #2
DrO

there is a very simple vis example in sdk\vis\vis_test and the vis plug-in header is in sdk\winamp\vis.h

examples are light as not many people code vis plug-ins. the source code for the avs and milkdrop v1 plug-ins are available which give a more complete view of what vis plug-ins can do - not being an area i've had much interest in i'm not too hot on what can or cannot be done (without looking at the same code available).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 23:16   #3
floechen

well in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp SDK\Winamp is no vis.h etc. that is wat's confusing me. there is no example (or i'm blind, which could be possible^^) is there a possibility to download a older sdk? which includes the vis exampe?
i have read much about that example, but i could't find that.
Old 21st January 2011, 23:23   #4
floechen

well, i have found some examples ... but they are much advanced .... ich only need a simple example of how i can get wave/sprectrum data from winamp ... i'm not that experienced that i can handle a whole dll by my selve .... but a simple sample will help. All I can get atm is that i have to be a struct with the return values of winamp and a struct which declares the plugin name etc. i've found some source who include the vis.h. but i'm nor shure about the src which i shoul'd to get the data out of winamp.

atm I'm using vblink but vb6 is crap ... i want to write my own plugin ....
Old 21st January 2011, 23:41   #5
DrO

you're not going to be able to write a Winamp plug-in just in VB (any version off - unless you have a c/c++ wrapper plug-in to load a COM based VB object).

-daz
Old 27th January 2011, 21:59   #6
floechen

i think this was an misunderstanding,
currently i'm using vb6 with some plugin. but this is worse.
i'm searching for a simple c++ or maybe c# example for a vis plugin, but i havn't found one in the current sdk.
Old 27th January 2011, 22:26   #7
DrO

you can't do a purely c# plug-in, not without a c/c++ dll to load it (like with trying to use a vb6 plug-in).

hmm, just re-checked the 5.55 sdk and you're right, the vis stuff isn't in there (dunno why that is). will zip up the files tomorrow from an older sdk (will teach me to re-use the same folder for the sdk over the years).

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development