Old 3rd January 2012, 14:10   #1
boiing

Issues with sc_trans2

Hello..

We are currently testing sc_trans2 to transcode mp3 streams into aac streams.. We are using the legacy mode only (because of the issues with sc_serv2, see my other topic for more informations -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=339479)

However, we are experiencing some issues..

1) Is there a way to overwrite the "current song"? Tryd it with the metadata options but they dont seem to do anything when source relaying is used.

2) The source server is streaming a song with the name "this is a test" - however, the sc_trans2 is displaying it as "this%20is%20a%20test" - this is not correct

3) When I restart the destination server (to which the sc_trans2 relays to) the sc_trans2 seems not to reconnect. There is no log message that the connection broke up. It seems like sc_trans2 doesnt notice it isnt connected anymore. Is there some option ive missed?

Thanks

boiing
boiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 11:44   #2
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiing View Post
1) Is there a way to overwrite the "current song"? Tryd it with the metadata options but they dont seem to do anything when source relaying is used.
not via the Transcoder. you'd need to send the title update you want to the DNAS you're using itself to override what has been sent by the Transcoder. you might also need to disable the Transcoder sending metadata completely for that to work right.

Quote:
2) The source server is streaming a song with the name "this is a test" - however, the sc_trans2 is displaying it as "this%20is%20a%20test" - this is not correct
it is correct for an urlencoded string which the recent Transcoder builds have been doing when passing on the title in order to resolve other issues with the sending of non-latin titles. i assume you are referring to what you're seeing on the end DNAS the Transcoder is connected to, if so i suppose i can revert the change for v1 connections to not urlencode the title output if the v1 DNAS is not coping with it *shrugs*

Quote:
3) When I restart the destination server (to which the sc_trans2 relays to) the sc_trans2 seems not to reconnect. There is no log message that the connection broke up. It seems like sc_trans2 doesnt notice it isnt connected anymore. Is there some option ive missed?
it could either be the Transcoder at fault or it's down to how its connection is being terminated from the v1 DNAS that you're using. personally i've done minimal testing against v1 DNAS over the last year, so i'm not sure what has / hasn't been done with regards to such things before that (when the v2 DNAS wasn't out). all i can do is make a note to check over v1 DNAS connection handling though it will not be a priority.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 14:10   #3
boiing

Hi DrO,

thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
not via the Transcoder. you'd need to send the title update you want to the DNAS you're using itself to override what has been sent by the Transcoder. you might also need to disable the Transcoder sending metadata completely for that to work right.
Hmm.. Is there any chance this could be changed? In v1 there is no way to set the current song via the dnas (not sure if this is possible in v2)..
We currently have 1 modstream, where the djs connect to. Because our djs are mixing their songs, we dont want to see the clients what the dj is currently streaming. Thats why we need an option for the transcoder to overwrite the current song..

Quote:
it is correct for an urlencoded string which the recent Transcoder builds have been doing when passing on the title in order to resolve other issues with the sending of non-latin titles. i assume you are referring to what you're seeing on the end DNAS the Transcoder is connected to, if so i suppose i can revert the change for v1 connections to not urlencode the title output if the v1 DNAS is not coping with it *shrugs*
Thanks! You are right. Its on the end where the transcoder is connected to.

Quote:
it could either be the Transcoder at fault or it's down to how its connection is being terminated from the v1 DNAS that you're using. personally i've done minimal testing against v1 DNAS over the last year, so i'm not sure what has / hasn't been done with regards to such things before that (when the v2 DNAS wasn't out). all i can do is make a note to check over v1 DNAS connection handling though it will not be a priority
Well, im killing the v1 destination via "kill pid" on the console. But the transcoder doesnt notice its been disconnected when I kick the transcoder via the v1 webinterface either.

boiing
boiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 18:15   #4
DrO

Quote:
Hmm.. Is there any chance this could be changed? In v1 there is no way to set the current song via the dnas (not sure if this is possible in v2)..
We currently have 1 modstream, where the djs connect to. Because our djs are mixing their songs, we dont want to see the clients what the dj is currently streaming. Thats why we need an option for the transcoder to overwrite the current song..
although it relates to the v2 DNAS, there's the updinfo command from http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...#Private_Pages which is what the v1 DNAS (and in turn the v2) uses for v1 source title updates. also not having the DJ's clients sending metadata to the Transcoder would aid in such things or have them set it to a fixed format e.g. like the Source DSP allows for.

Quote:
Well, im killing the v1 destination via "kill pid" on the console. But the transcoder doesnt notice its been disconnected when I kick the transcoder via the v1 webinterface either.
that's strange as i've done that during testing myself and the Transcoder always tries to keep re-connecting. i am assuming you are using the current version of the Transcoder...?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support