Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 9th October 2014, 19:19   #1
e66

Any chance to install both versions of winamp in the same pc/notebook, full and lite?

So, that's it... maybe there have been questions like that but I couldn't find them.

You know, sometimes I just listen music while I'm doing some things so i need to play some album in the lite version, and sometimes I sit down just to listening to music and I need more information and options to searching tracks, bands, albums and the full version is OK for it. That's why, beside the obvious reason of I like a lot winamp.

Hope it can be posible. If not, thanks anyway for your answers.

Salutes! \m/

(pd. sorry if you have problems to understand that kind of english. thanks)
e66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 20:08   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Yes you can install more than 1 instance (or version) of Winamp. The tricky part is getting each one to use it's own configuration and/or user data files (i.e. media library, etc.). Look for posts on how to setup Winamp for portable use and not have it write anything to the Windows registry.

Although you can use the full version to just play an album and iqnore all the other stuff that it offers.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v20H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 02:02   #3
e66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Yes you can install more than 1 instance (or version) of Winamp. The tricky part is getting each one to use it's own configuration and/or user data files (i.e. media library, etc.). Look for posts on how to setup Winamp for portable use and not have it write anything to the Windows registry.

Although you can use the full version to just play an album and iqnore all the other stuff that it offers.
Great! I'll look for those posts. Thanks for replying

Btw, yeah I can play just an album in full version, but lite version is so fast and quite efficient (RAM) to that simple task, that's why I love it. I guess the full version requires more RAM and considering that my media library is kind of big, I want the full version to the other purpose

Thanks again. Salutes!
Old 10th October 2014, 18:24   #4
e66

I just want to add that all works well!
I found what you said and after some details, everything is OK.

Sadly, I didn't find the trick here (I looked it but I couldn't), good news is that is not a hard task find how to setup a portable winamp with a simple search on internet

So, there you are, if anyone needs something like this just look what Aminifu suggested.

\m/

--- --- ---

I have been searching some more information and indeed there are a lot of thing here about winamp portable, it's just matter of seek it well

Long live to

Last edited by e66; 10th October 2014 at 19:47.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
full, install, lite, version, winamp