Old 2nd July 2009, 21:05   #1
rockouthippie
Banned

Forth of July.

The 4th of July is coming this weekend and I have stockpiled my supply of illegal fireworks, put out a chain for capturing dogs that are heading for the hills, have conditioned by dog by setting a few fireworks off right in front of her, so that she won't freak. I almost always end up returning one or two that freaked out and ran away from home.

I always thought it was stupid to hide your dog from fireworks. I set em off right in front of them so that they know it's nothing to worry about. The only one I could never get to not freak out was "Bonnie" an irish setter. She was about would up anyway. If you haven't conditioned your dog, I'll remind you to keep tabs on them.

Hot dogs, hamburgers, soda pop and beer. I'll be going out to Banks to watch the demolition derby on the 4th since the city chimped out on providing a fireworks display.

Happy 4th. Up the rebels, down with the British!
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:44   #2
mikm
Major Dude

Not sure if I'm actually going to be doing anything this weekend for the 4th. My city had its fireworks and celebration last weekend. Our fireworks are always held the weekend before the 4th so as not to detract from the neighboring bedroom communities' shows (also to save money on paying police). As such, we did most of our celebrating last weekend, although I wouldn't be opposed to having people over again for some grilling.

Happy 4th, y'all

powered by C₂H₅OH
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 00:00   #3
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Happy Independence Day. No one calls it that anymore, it's always "Happy 4th of July".

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 01:08   #4
fc*uk

I'm making the trip several hours north of detroit to alpena, where my in-laws live.

Got a nice stash of illegal fireworks I am taking up there with me as they live right off the lake.

Dog is coming too. Though I am going to hide the dog when the illegals are lit. I tried to get her used to it. It never took. She just hates the bloody things.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 01:22   #5
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
I might be going to watch the fireworks show on the beach. Probably just having a few cold ones while grilling, though.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 01:58   #6
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

I'll go to a birthday bonfire and then skip out early and head a few miles west for a fireworks display.

The birthday girl's rottweilers go nuts around this time of year from fireworks. She never keeps her dogs from them, they just never got use to the noise.

Last edited by Razzinno; 3rd July 2009 at 02:18.
Razzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 05:10   #7
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

What the hell, why not. I'll watch the Patriot. Always liked that hatchet scene.

There are half a dozen places I could buy fireworks going to and from work. They're legal here. So hosing down the roof is on the itinerary.
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 05:50   #8
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Razzinno
The birthday girl's rottweilers go nuts around this time of year from fireworks. She never keeps her dogs from them, they just never got use to the noise.
Daisy is a rottweiler too. There is a difference between being afraid of fireworks and wanting to kill them

The big problem is dogs that run scared. They can end up miles from home sometimes never to be found again.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 07:01   #9
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Happy other countries holiday!
Paul_Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:11   #10
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4 Gogitta
Happy Independence Day. No one calls it that anymore, it's always "Happy 4th of July".
I usually go with "Happy Tax Evasion Day!" myself
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:53   #11
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Should be Fourth of July, by the way

Quote:
Originally posted by Early Devil
I'll watch the Patriot. Always liked that hatchet scene.
Last of the Mohicans is way better and more historically accurate.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 19:07   #12
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

Last of the Mohicans it is. I'm pretty sure I've seen it, but it was so long ago that I have no memory of it.
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions