Old 27th November 2010, 00:32   #1
Jamil

Internet Radios

I just got the one I ordered today. These things rock. I never knew what I was mising by not having one. I got the Sangean WFR-1, and I use it as a clock radio on my night table. It has all the features of a clock radio and performs these functions very good. In addition, it is WIFI or ethernet enabled, so it accesses the Internet through my wireless network. I have all my media stored on a NAS that runs TwonkyMedia Server. The Sangean plays audio from my NAS wirelessly with no problem.

The nice thing about this cock radio is that even though you get AM/FM station reception on it, you can switch over to Internet radio and it can show all radio stations local to you that stream over the Internet. There's hidden channels of my favorite stations I never knew existed. On top of that, many of them broadcast at what they call HD, which is a higher bitrate. Of course, you can view Internet radio stations all over the world too.

The Sangean WFR-1 has big and great sound in such a small package. I'm really impressed with it so far.
Jamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 12:11   #2
ujay
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
The nice thing about this cock radio ...
The mind boggles.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 16:47   #3
arenee

yes Internet Radio rocks. I've was given a Sirius many years ago. The full-featured TTR1 is easy to set up and use, offering a complete listening solution for subscribers who want to use their high-speed Internet connection to access SIRIUS XM's online channels without the need for a computer. The TTR1 has a unique interface that includes a network connection wizard that walks users through a few simple steps to set up and access the Premium Online channels through their wired or wireless high-speed Internet connection.
arenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 21:46   #4
Jamil

Yes -- being able to stream content without a computer is awesome.

I do have a question on some programming content now. Hopefully, someone can answer this for me:

I enjoy listening to all types of music. One of the types I listen to is electronic. I listen to some DnB. It seems there are various types of DnB that I was unaware of. The DnB I enjoy most is actually multi-layered containing drum tracks, bass along with horns. It's more jazz-like in nature. I added a couple of DnB Internet stations to my WIFI radio. However, these stations are not at all like the DnB I have in my audio collection. I think I've seen the term "DnB, Jungle..." in the station's description. Is Jungle a form of DnB then? What type of DnB is it I am looking for with the horns and stuff? This DnB I am hearing on my Internet radio stations is rather simple and very repetitive.

DnB is popular in several places around the world but not so much in the USA.

Thanks!
Old 2nd December 2010, 07:47   #5
kavin12

Great

i am regular listener of music and it become a part of my life,i used to listen music online,i got some of sites which are perfect for this,but my favorite is Yahoo radio. Here you can listen any kind of music. rather its latest hits or hip hop,pop and Latino any kind.
kavin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 19:38   #6
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

This entire topic reads like a bunch of advertisements.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 23:16   #7
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psythik View Post
QFT. but hey, remember the xkcd thing about tricking spammers into participating?

don't spoil it

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 23:40   #8
Jamil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psythik View Post
lol. right. I work for Sangean. When you buy yours, tell them I sent you. thx.

No one knows anything about DnB?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions