Old 11th August 2008, 01:01   #1
PaperClip

Send a message via Yahoo to PaperClip
Summer Movies

Any reviews/want to see films of the summer? I looked for a thread on this but missed it.

Loved the Dark Knight (as if that's any surprise) as well as Ironman. I also absolutely loved Tropic Thunder too. Really funny! I was skeptical about Ben Stiller at first, but the cast all really pulled it off!

This has also been a big documentary summer for me. Just saw American Teen. I highly recommend it. It completely reminds you of why high school sucked (but it's really well done.) Also planning on seeing a documentary called "let it out" which is about the greatest moments in Olympic history. Looks pretty great, too, and well timed!let it out trailer
PaperClip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 01:06   #2
Namelessv1
Forum King

Isn't Tropic Thunder set to be released on August 13th? Did you see an early screening?
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 14:22   #3
PaperClip

I did! A local radio station of ours hosted one last Tuesday. They do them pretty frequently in DC, which I guess is the benefit to living in a big city! I really loved it, though. I would've paid full price
Old 12th August 2008, 08:05   #4
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Can't wait to see Tropic Thunder
(and if you live in DC be sure to listen to Big O and Dukes middays on WJFK)

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 09:25   #5
Namelessv1
Forum King

Saw Tropic Thunder a few days ago. It was a little flat in some areas, but overall, I found it to be pretty funny.

I'd put The Dark Knight and Iron Man as the number one and number two "summer blockbusters" that I've seen this year. Enjoyed The Incredible Hulk for the most part. Not quite sure about Indy 4, though.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 00:43   #6
PaperClip

I would completely agree with that. Loved Iron Man and Dark Knight, though I can honestly say Dark Knight only one out for me due to anticipation. I am such a fan of RDJ that Iron Man totally rocked for me.

Anyone seen Pineapple Express? Thinking of doing that Friday.
Old 25th August 2008, 23:37   #7
xbox360gurl70s

Send a message via Yahoo to xbox360gurl70s
I can't wait for Tropical thunder screening in my country, I bet it's really funny. Best Film so far this year is batman famously known as the DARK KNIGHT

Old 26th August 2008, 13:47   #8
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
i went out and saw death race recently, to be honest it sucked, but it was at least watchable SPOILER : the story centers around an ex racer who is framed for the death of his wife to force him to compete in the death race event (which no surprise here, turns out that it's rigged, so noone wins the required 5 times to get their freedom), he is to race 3 seperate races around the track near his prison and if declared the winner of only 5 races in his career he will be set free, problem is, the lady running the prison wants to keep him there, racing, to boost her ratings for the pay per view death race event...

now... the main problem with the movie for me at least was, he's got 4 career wins when he takes over the career of the now dead racer he is replacing "frankenstein", which all supposedly count towards his freedom, he does not finish first the first of the three races, he does however in the second and the story goes on as if he hadn't, he does at least get to kill the person (a fellow inmate apparently) who did the deed he was framed for when his wife was killed at least and the third race (which by the way, would count as his 6th career win, not that it matters with a plot like this), ends with him and an adversary racer from before, charging out of the narrow bridge seperating the prison from the rest of civilized life due to his request for an extra fuel tank, which is used as a bomb, he reunites with his daughter and the adversary and even his beautifull co-driver for a classic happy ever after ending.

overall, the movie was full of holes in the plot and not incredibly new of an idea or to be honest even that great of special effects, none the less, it was slightly entertaining anyway in a badly done mad max sense, i'd give it a solid : C-

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 19:44   #9
newmath084

I wasn't impressed when I watched Tropic Thunder , I thought that this movie will be more funny
newmath084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 08:02   #10
zarine
Banned

I am going to watch robin hood,iron man 2 and knight and day movies for the summer. My friends have told that these are the good flicks.
zarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 08:37   #11
gillcrist32
Banned

you are right zarine robin hood is best movie for the summer.
gillcrist32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Movies and Television