Has been released (last release) 2.6.0 Build 740

Premium 2.6 features
    Native SSL stream support (https)
    Personal & Customisable SSL Certificate
    Improved backup stream url support
    New authhash system for 2.6 and higher only
    Premium radiomanager control panel
    Improved monetization features and trigger methods
    General bug fixes (free and premium versions)

Why you force all users to subscribe on your new services?
    Why we can not use as before?
    Why reject and can not be used?

2018-09-30 08:45:41 ERROR [RELAY 127.0.0.1:8100 sid=1] Relay source rejected. Unable to sync to the stream. Please check the source is valid and in a supported format.
    2018-09-30 08:45:41 INFO [RELAY 127.0.0.1:8100 sid=1] Connecting to source relay
    2018-09-30 08:45:41 INFO [RELAY 127.0.0.1:8100 sid=1] Connected to SHOUTcast 2 source relay.
    2018-09-30 08:45:41 INFO [RELAY 127.0.0.1:8100 sid=1] Title update [Beyonce Knowles feat. Jay-Z - Upgrade U]
    2018-09-30 08:45:41 ERROR [RELAY 127.0.0.1:8100 sid=1] Relay source rejected. Unable to sync to the stream. Please check the source is valid and in a supported format.
    2018-09-30 08:45:41 INFO [RELAY 127.0.0.1:8100 sid=1] Connecting to source relay

Money are not made from this attitude and mode, you will lose almost all the people who use before shoutcast and they will mode to IceCast witch is more advanced as SHOUTcast.

Good Job and Good Bye!
  • nitromix
    • Jun 2005

After i tested many encoders one works. Seems very sensible at samplerate, bitrate, etc...

Anyway, old authhash is not working, also stream over ssl not working. Over ssl allow only Control Panel interfacr, json and xml file, all what are based on http/web interface. Stream what is most important work only over http.

To be compatible with older configs i suggest to fix that limitation on samplerate, bitrate, to include also stream over ssl and to be compatible with old authhash.

Comment

• LapTop
      • Apr 2018

where is the download link ?

Comment

• nitromix
        • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by LapTop View Post
        where is the download link ?

Comment

• DJ Egg
          Spectral Techorator
          • Jun 2000

It's a beta build.

New Authhash system requires new YP - which hasn't been released yet :-(

https ssl stream support - and all other Premium features require a Premium subscription and unlock codes (via new RMO).

I personally would recommend only using it for testing purposes until everything has been released and everything in the new RMO is working.

I would personally also recommend that DNAS users keep using v2.5.5, the old RMO and old Authhash (if you want streams to be listed in the directory, and monetization to work) - again, until everything in the new RMO and YP is working....

DNAS v2.5.5 will still be supported.

Other than all that, and everything else that's wrong in the world, life is good......

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• nitromix
            • Jun 2005

DJ Egg,

SHOUTcast 2.5.5 is not available anymore to be download. Regarding premium subscriptions i don't see something for partners or streaming providers. SHOUTcast become streaming provider and with this close any door for others involved on this industry. Looks like if someone want to use SHOUTcast in future with all new features have to order this services from SHOUTcast and only from SHOUTcast. This dosn't looks to fear and is not a real competition. SSL was leaved away in all this years just to come as premium feature? SHOUTcast will not be what was till now, a pioneer on audio streaming, seems as others solutions will be better to be supported.

Comment

• neralex
              Major Dude
              • Mar 2011

nitromix, please visit the link, which was posted by DJ Egg and compare the release-date of DNAS 2.5.5. All versions are still available...

SHOUTcast DNAS 2.5.5 (Build 733) 10th Oct 2017

Comment

• djSpinnerCee
                Forum King
                • Aug 2004

any online documentation? i did get the email.
                /* v2 HTML5 / Player test pages DigitalMixNYC, DigitalMixNYCbx | DNAS Status: Now Playing js codes (scaststatus_X.php) | PortForward.com | Upload/Download Speed Test | No-IP.com: Free Dynamic DNS | In the YP | dnasDir */

Comment

• Desavil
                  • Nov 2016

Originally Posted by nitromix View Post
                  DJ Egg,

SHOUTcast 2.5.5 is not available anymore to be download. Regarding premium subscriptions i don't see something for partners or streaming providers. SHOUTcast become streaming provider and with this close any door for others involved on this industry. Looks like if someone want to use SHOUTcast in future with all new features have to order this services from SHOUTcast and only from SHOUTcast. This dosn't looks to fear and is not a real competition. SSL was leaved away in all this years just to come as premium feature? SHOUTcast will not be what was till now, a pioneer on audio streaming, seems as others solutions will be better to be supported.
                  I agree with it 100%. For SHOUTcast hosting service providers, this is a tragedy. Most limit to 128 kbps and only MP3. Currently, I do not see any offer for hosting providers. I agree that creators make money from the software they create. It certainly motivates them for further development. However, hosting providers should be included - any special offers for them and solutions.

Comment

• HubuFM
                    • Feb 2017

We are Radionomy - we have big balls...

No, no, Radionomy do the right way - like always!*

Why?
                    With the ad program they earn only 50% of the ads in the streams (50% revue).
                    So I understand that they need earn more money with the PREMIUM HIGH END BOOST XTREME FEATURES likes SSL and ... WOW ... AAC+ support!
                    But why so cheap? lol

Sorry guys, what's wrong with you?
                    I miss AOL.

Here any suggestions:
                    2.6.0+ will be ok with all features like the old version (2.5.5)
                    Decrease the revue-share -> TS earn more with ads (less for radio owner but who cares?) but than no limitations in normal DNAS
                    If some users need really "premium" features (for example: Better stats in new RMO, better ad intigrations (insert instead of replace), etc.) than he can upgrade

*Included saraksm.

Comment

• DJ Egg
                      Spectral Techorator
                      • Jun 2000

Originally Posted by djSpinnerCee View Post
                      any online documentation? i did get the email.
                      Not for a beta.
                      Docs/wiki be updated when fully released.

For now, sure, test v2.6, report any bugs etc.

But if you want to be listed in the YP, then you need to keep using v2.5.5
                      because v2.6 requires a YP update for streams with new Authhash to be listed... i.e it doesn't work yet :-(

It was all probably released a week or 3 too soon, but we needed the new SC4B/SCSS-v2 stuff to be released, and the DNAS v2.6 section of the new RMO is all part of the same package.

Until fixed/ready, people should register all new DNAS stations via the old RMO, not new one.
                      Only use the new RMO for SC4B/SCSSv2 streams hosted by us, for now.

You'll know when to stop using the old RMO and start using the new one, because the old one will disappear and you'll be auto redirected to the new one instead.

Apologies for the confusion and inconvenience caused.

EDIT

Ok, so you can't create new DNAS stations under the old RMO any more. D'oh!
                      This means that currently, there's no way for new DNAS stations to get listed.

What a fiasco!

Escalating..... watch this space!

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• TimGraffius
                        • Oct 2018

Hello all,

Well, I just wanted to put my two cents in as feedback. I have been using the SHOUTcast DNAS as the back end streaming server software for a non-profit radio station for the last 6 years that I started with a friend. We make no money at all from the station at all and never have made any money from it except a $10 donation somebody made a few years ago. In fact all we do is lose money, but we do it because the listeners get something out of it, playing tracks that are not found on other stations. We are happy to lose some money because in the end it's worth the gratification. I know that we are not the only non-profit station out there, in fact alot of the people posting here are in the same boat as me.

As a Linux server administrator for my job as well as being involved in a few open source programming projects, not only do I not have much time to post here but rarely ever do I need to ask anything here because I am able to make things just work without assistance. I have lurked from time to time but even that is rare. I kind of wish I could have been a little more involved with the community here but I suppose it's too late now.

Anyway, with all that I said, keeping in mind that all we do is lose money on our station and barely ever get donation, I was utterly dismayed to read the release notes about the new version. We are broadcasting above 128 Kbit/sec. So now with version 2.6.0 Build 74 of the DNAS, we are would have to pay 10 dollars a month or 100 dollars a year in order to have the software perform the same exact function as it was doing before. Usually reading release notes are supposed to be exciting, but not this time. Ever since Radionomy took over SHOUTcast things have gone downhill for broadcasters that aren't part of the monetization program. And even those that are, I bet many of them are not making any money from it at all.

Radionomy is trying to make broadcasters foot the bill to be able to use their software and be listed in the YP, when they are already being saddled with having to buy CD's for content, pay for bandwidth, pay for computer and network hardware and pay licensing fees. A few years ago one of our servers failed and we had to go buy a new rackmount server. Everything had to be reintalled. Not only did that cost money, but it cost a lot of time all for no profit at all. And what does the listener get on their end? A bunch of advertisements because of Radionomy trying to milk the hell out of everything. Also keep in mind that the 10 dollars per month or 100 dollars per year isn't buying me bandwidth or anything to do with music licensing. All that is is to be able to stream above 128 Kbit/sec and some other features not really worth mention.

Anyway, I have to say that this is what happens when companies get greedy and try to commercialize and profit of the backs of the broadcasters that are providing the content. Things were good in the good old Winamp days where companies really did care about their users and put less of a focus on profit. Now everything is about metrics, data gathering, and board meetings daily about how to maximize profit margins at the expense of the broadcasters. I already uninstalled the DNAS and moved to Icecast and it's already up and running. I don't really care about not being listed in the SHOUTcast DNAS anymore anyway. We never picked up many listeners there in the first place. We are listed on Tunein as well as some other places, and those sites get way more traffic than shoutcast.com anyway. Radionomy is doing the some thing the cable companies are doing. They are losing money because subscribers are cutting the cord, so they jack the rates up to try to maintain their existing profit margin. Any way, thanks a lot Radionomy for coming in and screwing over your entire userbase. Hopefully people also leave like me and you guys will learn a lesson to respect your users, not screw them over by trying to nickel and dime them and inundate the listeners with ads.

Comment

• nitromix
                          • Jun 2005

Dears,

Intention is very clear, the strategy adopted by Radionomy is to move all users / clients from streaming providers to them even if the users / clients know about SHOUTcast and use this server because of streaming providers and they was the only who promote this server. With last changes they close any door of streaming providers and SHOUTcast will become useless. Streaming providers have this clients, not Radionomy or SHOUTcast. This movement will made the streaming providers to move on IceCast witch offer already more features which SHOUTcast release as premium features. It's a huge lose and shame of Radionomy with this new policy.

Comment

• NurLutix
                            • Oct 2017

I will stay at shoutcast, although the premium feature also annoys Me.
                            I just think it's just dumb that I can't create new Stations.
                            That should have been better planned.

The Shoutcast support hasn't answered me for days, which is not nice either.
                            I just asked if it is possible to create a new station via the Support.

well, I guess i'll have to wait.

Comment

• flax
                              • Jun 2018

Originally Posted by NurLutix View Post
                              I will stay at shoutcast, although the premium feature also annoys Me.
                              I just think it's just dumb that I can't create new Stations.
                              That should have been better planned.

The Shoutcast support hasn't answered me for days, which is not nice either.
                              I just asked if it is possible to create a new station via the Support.

well, I guess i'll have to wait.
                              Hi,

You can create a new station, but it has to be in the new RMO.
                              https://www.oracionescristianas.eu

Comment

Working...
                              X