Old 25th September 2008, 11:58   #1
substream

Send a message via AIM to substream
Separate Artist, Title, and Album tickers?

Hey, guys. This one should be simple.
I'm trying to use three tickers at the same time: artist, title, and album. I checked the wiki for the proper display attributes to use for these and I can't see anything wrong with my code:
code:
<text id="artist" ticker="1" display="songartist" x="0" y="0" w="168" h="14" font="tahoma" fontsize="14" alpha="128" />
<text id="title" ticker="1" display="songtitle" x="0" y="16" w="168" h="14" font="tahoma" fontsize="14" alpha="128" />
<text id="album" ticker="1" display="songalbum" x="0" y="32" w="168" h="14" font="tahoma" fontsize="14" alpha="128" />

But only the middle ticker is showing up at all, and it's still displaying "Artist - Title" instead of just title.

A little help please? Thanks!
substream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 17:48   #2
pjn123
Major Dude

Look in the SC forums for the xui object

There you'll find one called SC-Text
If you have any more questions you can ask it there

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 18:45   #3
substream

*blank stare*
...sorry, what? haha
Old 25th September 2008, 19:20   #4
pjn123
Major Dude

Cool

Dont be so lazy

http://forums.skinconsortium.com/ind...d&threadID=538

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 26th September 2008, 04:34   #5
substream

hah oh, skin consortium. I really had no idea what you were talking about :-p sorry, I'm new!
Old 26th September 2008, 05:13   #6
substream

WOW... ok, I didn't really know what to do with the code in that link you gave me, but I started messing with it and now something very bad has happened.. haha my whole player is like.. rearranged and out of proportion and just.. totally wrong. haha

I set register_autopopup to 1 on the group that has my tickers, and they appear in their own window and look fine, but the whole player is jacked up now.
Also, it doesn't look like this code works with Winamp's ticker="1" parameter? I need that to work too :-/ haha

I've attached 2 pictures: 1 of the way the player is supposed to look, and the other of the distorted player with the tickers in their own window.

EDIT:
OK........ haha I have no idea what I did.. I pretty much dissected the entire player.xml file and put it back together (without changing any code at all), and now everything fits and looks perfect. Now the only problem is that the text doesn't scroll like a ticker. Any way to make the ticker work on this stuff? Thanks

Last edited by substream; 26th September 2008 at 06:34.
Old 26th September 2008, 18:42   #7
pjn123
Major Dude

Its a Winamp bug that ticker="1" dont work always
Think you can trick it if you set the default="SONGTITLE" (inside the xui object text object)

Old 26th September 2008, 22:09   #8
substream

Not working. This thing is a lot more restrictive than I first thought At least I don't have many artist or song titles that exceed the width of the player. Still really annoying.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins