• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warrior of the Light
    Forum King
    • Aug 2002

Childhood irritations:

If your father orders coffee, he'll get a cookie.
    If your mother orders tea, she'll get a cookie.
    If you politely ask for soda... you WILL NOT GET A COOKIE!
    Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever

Comment

• Sabine Klare
      Forum Queen
      • Nov 2010

It could happen in a nursing home, too, I don't know, but I think, it's possible. I haven't asked my mother, if she got roast goose with dumplings and red cabbage at Christmas, but maybe she herself forgot to ask for that, because she is forgetting more and more...
      I myself remember also a few irritations in my childhood, but more with meals than with drinks. I got Italian Noddles from a school-friend, these were thin noodles, and I wanted to eat them like normal spaghetti or normal maccaroni, but I got them as noodle-soup from my mother instead, and I was very angry, because I hated soups very much in my childhood...
      I have just stopped by, and I have to continue with the ripping of some tracks from our CD-Rs with own old recordings. My husband had saved them from old tapes a few years ago, and I have to prepare a new playlist for my next broadcast on Mixlr now. And I have to go outside today. But I can come back in some hours...
      Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
      Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
      AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• swingdjted
        DRINK BEER NOW
        (Forum King)
        • Feb 2006

Here's another reason I want to pull what's left of my hair out:

At the gas pump, especially Exxon affiliates, the machine asks you if you want a car wash...

Why on God's green Earth would I go to a gas pump for a car wash? They hope you'll accidentally hit "yes" thinking it's asking for a receipt, and then they charge $9.00 for a car wash.

When you go to the regular register to get it taken off the bill, they ask you why you would turn down a $10.00 car wash that's only costing $9.00 as a promotion. Then you explain that you never wanted the car wash to begin with. They then say that since the transaction was done at the pump, the location manager is needed to make the adjustment and that manager is only working during the normal day business hours (when I'm also at work). I still haven't gotten this issue resolved yet.
        Don't forget to live before you die.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
          Forum Queen
          • Nov 2010

Translations of lyrics don't really work, maybe of articles, but not of lyrics...
          I thought, I can write as a german-speaking artist a short lyric in English. Maybe german-speaking people could unterstand that, like I want it, but english-speaking people could understand it wrong, what I didn't want to mean. I came back immediately, because I had to edit my text somewhere else. It's a pity, but I don't want to get a misunderstanding, of course. It's really difficult with the lyrics...
          I can calm down, knowing, there will be no misunderstanding anymore...
          I have got many teaching hours for my own language in my younger years, and the analyzing of very complicated textes was very difficult. But I have experienced again, a translation of a lyric is not so good like a translation of an article...

Comment

• Sabine Klare
            Forum Queen
            • Nov 2010

I see, what happens around me and what happens to my friends, and I have already seen, that people have begun the wildest mud slaughter in the publicity (for example in Facebook), which have also finished friendships between 2 contrahents. I don't need to mention again, that some music-cooperations have also been finished, because 2 musicians have fallen out, and then the CDs had to be taken off the market. And I have seen also, that people, who were working for other people, had given up, after they had been insulted again and again by some of the other people. For example 1993 a very good man had said "I do not do more for you!" after these offendings...
            People have offended again a very good friend, with outrageous sayings, I cannot believe that, and I can only hope that they have not made ​​him to give up now. I don't know, what I can do for him and how I can help. I know only, he is in stress very much, similiar to my own stress, and he is also very busy (I myself have to keep everything up to date for my friends, although the day is too short for me)...
            Another friend of me has to fight against the intrigues of the neighbors since a very long time now, not because of a disease, but because of his own culture, which deviates from the norm very much. If I will get him in the next chat, I will ask him again. The intrigues of the neighbors against my parents and then against my mother had lasted 21 years, until the neighbors had won...
            Are the people really all bad? No, there are also many people, who are very human and tolerant, of course. And people with a moral should afford stood by now those people, who were offended again and again very massively...
            I've seen ugly things, and I was excited about it. I wanted to write just now...
            Edit: Just posted a new Facebook-Status, "Sometimes people say ugly things, but ignore that, just live right now and don't give up..."

Comment

• Sabine Klare
              Forum Queen
              • Nov 2010

Am I really so old with my 46 years? I have forgotten some points, and I have to make a new post now...
              1980 I discovered Electronic Music, and until 1992 I had always thought, especially the Electronic Musicians would be very peaceful people, but I was wrong. Many bands and music-projects are existing only for a short time, and they are ending in a dispute and with intrigues, for example one musician wants to get the whole incomes, also from the other musician, it happens very often. It can also happen, that a manager suddenly doesn't want to work for a band anymore. Frank and I know the music scene and that there are also many conflicts. Most important for us: We want to be kept outside of such conflicts between other musicians, although some of them tried to pull us into their conflicts a few times. But we don't need more trouble than we have already...
              March & July 2010 I began to visit some group-chats outside of Facebook. July 2010 I landed in a very nice group-chat, and the moderator made me always laugh with his funny phrases. I learned to know some people, also a chat-guest, who was only in the first time gentle. After Christmas he began to offend and insult me again and again, and in March 2011 his insults were so massive, so that I left the chat and stayed away. On the same day I founded a new Facebook-Group for new group-chats. The Facebook-Group-Chats worked only until Spring 2012. My friends told me again and again "Sabine, please come back!". After more than 18 months I came back, and Frank told me: "If this chat-guest appears again, ignore him!". I think, he is right, although my tolerance has its limits...
              Yesterday my headaches and exhausting forced me to go to bed very early, and I wasn't able to ask the other chat-guest with his own experiences in the evening anymore, I have to write a PM now...
              And I don't know the 3rd point anymore, but I know, I will remember it again some hours after this posting. I'm too old...

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                Forum Queen
                • Nov 2010

I hate to fill paper forms for authorities, especially, if these are many pages. I my case these are 10 pages now (the paper forms for wage tax returns have really more pages). No one mistake is allowed in the paper forms, or the person can be punished very hardy by the authorities, I know that already, when I had tried to apply for a study place in my very young years. I have to fill the paper forms every 6 months, and I get into panic everytime, also 2 days ago. After filling them I had to return to bed. I went to bed very early, and on the next morning I forced me to leave the bed. I went at first to a copy shop. I had to copy many documents, the authorities want to have many evidence and prove, also the bank account statements. Then I brought the paper forms together with the copies to the authorities. I don't like that, but I have no other choice. Yesterday I was surprised very much, the young woman at the counter was very gentle and friendly. Mosty the atmosphere in the rooms of the authorities is very oppressive. I left the building and I felt kind of liberated, I cannot describe that...
                The economy has become worse, in the last 10 years the prices have doubled for food & rent to live, but the wages and pensions were not increased, mosty they have been cut. In the 70ties & 80ties a family had enough mony, also, if only the father had a job. Today the most families don't have enough money anymore. The mother has to work, too, but only the father has a job, because there are not enough jobs. Many families have to go to the authorities regularly. The rich people are pointing the finger at the poor people, the poor people are treated like the scum "with foot dispute". It's very easy to blame the poor people, because they are not able to make any contribution to the society or community with only less money. Something disappears, and the people with many money say to the poor people: "It's Your fault!" Many little cinemas, theatres, concert halls, dance clubs and other venues have to close, because they have got bankrupt, but can all the people with only less incomes be blamed for that? I hate the rich people, who are trying to blame the poor people...
                I hestitated to buy a CD, and suddenly it was too late. I had expected, the label would still have this CD, but when I visited the website again, I didn't see this artist and his CDs listed anymore. I don't know, what has happened, I can only think, and I know, it can happen also with other artists and other CDs of other labels. Encouraging a musician not to stop the music-project with another musician and further colleagues has eaten too much of my own power and energy in the last time, and it was without success. Then I will see again some less CDs on the market. I cannot always hurry to buy all CDs, if I don't have enough money, but fortunately I know also many Netlabels and also many other artists from many other countries personally, and they will not give up with their very good music and music-cooperations...

Comment

• swingdjted
                  DRINK BEER NOW
                  (Forum King)
                  • Feb 2006

Can't sleep.

Been a while since I've had that problem.

2:42 a.m. and I have to be awake at 6 to get ready for work.

Tomorrow is going to be a tired one.
                  Don't forget to live before you die.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                    Forum Queen
                    • Nov 2010

You can't sleep, too?...

I went to bed very late. After 5 hours sleep I have awaked again. I tried to continue my sleep, but I wasn't able to fall asleep (maybe also because it was too loud outside). Now I am sitting at my PC, because I have discovered further stuff for me and the other fans. But maybe I cannot continue at my PC, because I am too exhausted and I feel sick. Maybe I need a break at my PC and 2 hours bed again. I had this sickness also yesterday. Maybe also headaches can come, my migraine, which I have from time to time. I want to have everything 100% perfect, but maybe today I will not be able to finish, what I want to finish.

All the best. I hope, You got at least 2 or 3 hours sleep, that's better than 0 hours...

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                      Forum Queen
                      • Nov 2010

I hate thunderstorms...

Yesterday in the evening such a thunderstorm came during updating a bigger upload on Mediafire. I was forced to cancel the upload and turn off the computer immediately. Avira wasn't able to begin with the scan (the timer was set on yesterday in the evening). A few minutes ago I have turned on my PC, but I had to stop Avira. Before making the Windows Update I wanted to do some copy & paste of a few .wsz-files, but Windows Explorer began to hang, and I have hit reboot. The reboot is lasting very long today, because Windows Update has been included in the rebooting. But then I cannot do my things at my PC very quickly. I have picked Frank's PC now to write a little bit...

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                        Forum Queen
                        • Nov 2010

It has already happened between XMAS and New Year...

Frank and I have many enemies, mostly unknown persons, who themselves see us as rivals or just have a joy, if they can damage us. I think, the artists have to live with such problems. And many artists had to experience already, that suddenly their works had been destroyed by unknown enemies.

After the last TV-News and the dinner Frank went to bed. I was on the couch, took the Beyerdynamic DT-990 headphones and started Winamp on my notebook. I know, why I use no loudspeakers. We don't disturb the neighbors. How many times do I have to say that again and again?

In the night suddenly the police rang at the door. An unknown person had called them and told them, we would make loud music and sing very loudly. Nothing was true. Also since August 2011 I am not in the mood anymore to sing. And professional choir singers have to stand on the stage, not sit, if the voice should be loud enough. If there would have been loud music from another leased apartment or from one of the next houses, then Frank and I would have heard that. There was nothing. It was totally silent.

I remember now another Electronic Musician and friend from Facebook, who has similar problems. I had mentioned him already here in this thread (but not his name, I don't do that). He had said in one of the radio-chats, that maybe Electronic Musicians are unwanted in his district. More than only one neighbor are trying again and again to get rid off him, but also he himself uses only headphones and no loudspeakers. And I remember, when my parents were alive yet, I had to visit the offices of the doctors very often, and I heard Classical Music on an Acoustic Piano from one the private leased apartments. Maybe it is true, that Classical Music and Mainstream are accepted without problems, and we are refused, because our music-taste is not Mainstream.

We live since 22 years in our environment, and although the crime and violence has spreaded also into our environment and has increased more and more, we never had such problems before.

I just wanted to relax a little bit without disturbing somebody, and of course my mood was in the basement...

Comment

Working...
                        X