Old 9th October 2008, 18:09   #1
oWNSeh

Minor Response from Music

When playing music, MilkDrop 2 doesn't fully react to the sounds. Some presets don't produce any visualization at all. I think this only began recently, since I uninstalled and reinstalled Winamp. Help please? Could it be my audio drivers?
oWNSeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 00:48   #2
Crashguard303

I think it´s not the driver (otherwise you would have playback problems, too),
but check if you have chosen the right output device in WinAmp (Plugins/Output/(DirectSound)) and if WinAmp´s buffer is running.

Some devices dont´t use winamp`s buffer, but this is where visual plugins (not only MilkDrop) get their audio-data from.

Another possibility is, that the audio-data in itself is recorded too quiet (which can be excluded if the same music did work before the new-installation).

Moreover, if you are not only playing MP3- and WAV-Files (AC3-Files for example), another codec is used to play them.
So you can try to reinstall your codecs to guarantee that they are linked, recognized and played properly by WinAmp.

The sum of all energies is zero.

Last edited by Crashguard303; 12th October 2008 at 01:16.
Crashguard303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 01:40   #3
oWNSeh

Thanks for your input. It fixed itself.

MilkDrop2 is the utmost reason I use Winamp. The only other reasons are its support for flac, 24 bit, and skins. I really hope they continue its development. I don't wanna buy G-Force.
oWNSeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Troubleshooting Forum