Old 25th October 2004, 20:19   #1
Sherwin Maxawow

Send a message via AIM to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Yahoo to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Skype™ to Sherwin Maxawow
Does anyone know of a better way to do this?

Can someone wise tell me what the best a person can make a folder that contains just a small number of my favorite presets so that milkdrop only runs those specific ones?

So far accomplishing this seems rather hard to do without simply going through the list while running milkdrop and then writing down the names of my favorites of a peice of paper, and then go back and adding them to a their own folder later. But I am beginning to think that even though its a little tedius, its the only way to really do it.

If anyone knows of an easier way to do this, please let me know. Thanks

Walking right along that--thin--fine--line- in between -GENIUS & iNsAniTy-...like a tightrope!
Sherwin Maxawow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2004, 23:51   #2
Phat
Major Dude

You can rate all you're presets while milkdrop is running.

I think the rating system has something to do with how long the preset runs.

You can rate them by using the + and - keys on the right of your keybord (the part with the number pad/lock)

Other then that, no I don't think so.
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 02:47   #3
Sherwin Maxawow

Send a message via AIM to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Yahoo to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Skype™ to Sherwin Maxawow
Thanks Phat. Yes, I knew about the Rating feature, and have played around with it a bit too. although its funny how I did not even think about it when I was posting this question.
There are just so many presets, especially after downloading all the ones at the Milkdrop resource site. It would be really nice to be able to just scroll through the list while its running and move the ones you like the best to a new location at the same time. Perhaps Mr. Wizerd himself (Ryan Geiss could work on adding something like this to his next version of Milkdrop? It might turn out to be a frequently used and much appreciated tool.
What is ryan's email anyway?

Walking right along that--thin--fine--line- in between -GENIUS & iNsAniTy-...like a tightrope!
Old 26th October 2004, 04:26   #4
Zylot
Major Dude

I hate breaking this news.... ;(

No new milkdrop... Geiss no longer works for Nullsoft/AOL and Moldrop updates have been canned. What we have is what we got.

-------------
What do you wish for?
--Instrumentality
Zylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 08:51   #5
shifter

when i'm selecting out presets, i tend to just save all the ones i like with a prefix in front of them..

so "someguy - fancycool" becomes "00 someguy - fancycool"

you can then just move them all at once afterwards

BTW, zylot, is the source code for milkdrop available? I know f*ck all about programming myself, but surely one of us would be able to work on it?
shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 13:03   #6
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
I can be done easier than the way you are doing it at the moment.

Run in windowed mode with the names of the presets have another window showing teh directory/folder in windows of all your presets and another directory/folder open of your destination.

And when you see one you like it in windows to the new folder.

No need to write them all down.

Running in sequential order will roughly be the same as windows.

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 13:23   #7
Krash
Major Dude

Your other option is to run through the list, and remove all the opnes which aren't your favourites. Make a new folder, and copy all presets to it. Run milkdrop, and run through the list. Any you don't want to keep, just hit delete while it is selected in the load preset list.

Slightly less tedious, but still not ideal.

- Krash

Eighty-three percent of all statistical quotes are made up on the spot.
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2004, 20:29   #8
Sherwin Maxawow

Thanks for all the suggestions, they have helped a lot.
By the way, are you sure that Geiss isnt going to do anymore work with his plugins? Because if you go to Geisswerks.com, he doesnt make any statement about quiting his personal work with plugins. He does mention his new employment with nVidia, but he doest give any hint as to whether he will drop Milkdrop. I believe that he will still spend some time on plugins, but maybe not nearly as much time as before.

Old 28th October 2004, 11:47   #9
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
I still speak to Ryan ocassionaly and I can honestly say that I doubt be will be contibuting to MilKDrop in the future. HE is not doing any vises at the moment but he probably will take them up one day (probably years rather than months) as a new project.

Also copyright is held by Nullsoft and I cannot imagine them reemploying him to work on visualizations.

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets