Old 18th January 2001, 06:24   #1
penguin22

Send a message via AIM to penguin22
Hey, I'm looking for a good USB TV tuner for my PC. Does anyone have one of these. I have seen one, but it has issues syncing the video with the audio. If you have one or have seen any that are worthwhile, let me know. Thanks all. Btw... with school and crap I know I haven't been around a lot, but hopefully soon I'll be back to my posting self.

Dave -

Beware The Penguin
penguin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2001, 07:39   #2
bonj
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to bonj
Not me, but I've been looking into getting a TV tuner too Best one I found after much research is the WinTV DBX TV Stereo 125chnl TV Tuner W/FM Stereo radio PCI due to Win2k support and remote control support with remote included. If you really need USB, then I dunno what to tell ya

http://www.canada.cnet.com/hardware/...-402-0,00.html

Go there and there's some USB TV Tuners listed with reviews along with user reviews. I decided which TV Tuner I wanted by looking at user reviews there Hope this helps

Edit: Fixed URL and put this line in

heh?
bonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2001, 12:55   #3
penguin22

Send a message via AIM to penguin22
Thanks bonj, the only reason I would prefer a USB TV tuner is because it doesn't require an IRQ of its own. Good point by the way about windows 2000. I am running it as well, so support for it is a must. I'll check out the link though. Thanks again

Dave -

Beware The Penguin
penguin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2001, 22:20   #4
Huehuetenango
Forum King

on this topic: i just got it through my head to get one put in my computer, but haven't gotten around to it, does anyone have any suggestions to start looking?
(somewhere canadian, pref (i hate doing money conversion))
Huehuetenango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2001, 22:42   #5
bonj
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to bonj
Quote:
Originally posted by Huehuetenango
on this topic: i just got it through my head to get one put in my computer, but haven't gotten around to it, does anyone have any suggestions to start looking?
(somewhere canadian, pref (i hate doing money conversion))
Check the link I put in my last post Not the mistake one.. note that it's canada.cnet.com, so I would assume that the prices are canadian but I can't be sure.

heh?
bonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2001, 18:43   #6
aan

RC4WA freeware ver.2.0b

The "Remote Control for WinAmp" functions on the basis of the device AverMedia TVPhone98 and TVCapture98

http://rc4wa.boom.ru
aan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2001, 04:02   #7
bizznit

have you guys tried looking at electronics stores? they should all have them. i saw a bunch at Best Buy and at circuit city i saw one for $79. my advice is save your money. getting a 19" tv for $150 is much better. tv cards have shitty reception and movie recording on them sucks. just my opinion.
bizznit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2001, 17:01   #8
hillerm1

Send a message via AIM to hillerm1
tv tuner cards are just fine

I have owned a couple of TV tuner cards. I currently use a Studio PCTV Pro Card. The resolution rivals my Sony Wega 36" tv, and I enjoy it immensly. The unit came with a remote control, which works well. Studio PCtv produces a USB version of its basic card which works well also. I use it on my laptop. The pci card was only $99 and the usb version is 79 if i remember correctly.
hillerm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2001, 23:18   #9
DoubleG

I've recently begun the search and found one by AverMedia that sounds intriguing. (Just do a search for AverMedia and go to their website). It's called the AverTV USB. It's a 181 channel-ready USB unit that supports Coax, s-video and composite input - according to my understanding, it can be used for still and video capture (s-video is what most camcorders use) I've seen it as cheap as about $80 - thinking about buying it soon - birthday in about a week...waiting for the $$

Cute sayingless
DoubleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions