Old 21st December 2010, 20:25   #1
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Online Shopping (not what you think it's about)

okay, so i did all my christmas shopping around the 3rd to 5th of the month or so, most of it online, thinking i'd saved myself a bit of time and effort while being screwed for shipping, but.... most of the stuff was going to arizona anyway and not being gifted locally here in oregon, so.... yeah, shipping, it was an issue where i'd be screwed either way.

however, that's not what this bitch is about.
what it is about is the resulting spam, i know for a fact i did not check any boxes saying "yes spam my email address" or whatever the fuck that translates into in duechebagese (legalese) however, not one, not two of the three stores i sent gifts to people with spammed me, but all three of them do, most daily.

yeah, daily, this is worse than some probably more legit spam i could come up with, these are large companies:
#1 Brookstone:the loudest, most obnoxious of all this one sends me no less than three spams a day, fuck your selves.
#2 tigerdirect, around 1-3 spams every few days.
#3 bestbuy, probably the least of these offenders, it seems to be a weekly, but fuck...

i just want to point out these purveyors of trash and spam specifically, as all of the places i ordered other gifts for did not spam me and obeyed my not checking the "spam me" box.

brookstone i can understand the most, they have a place near here semi-locally which.... honestly.... everytime i go to that mall, i'm amazed it's still there, they have some cool stuff don't get me wrong, but... there's never anyone in the stores for the most part and practically everything they sell is priced as either dime store junk $10 or less or well into the hundreds so frankly, i see this as an indication of their struggling sales and desperation more than anything else.

tigerdirect i can't think of a physical store they have and probably couldn't locate one in the entire united states if i tried, so it bears to reason that a fairly nobody company would spam people, however i have to say that there is much worse out there so for that plus the fact that anything without an actual real physical store feels at least a bit like buying things out of the back of a van, you proved my partially wrong, you're not the worst i could do, even if you seem like you are.

bestbuy, this one is actually tough to call, their main enemy is the informed consumer though at least here in oregon as no matter what in their store you may need, you can without a doubt find it in a wider range of styles/models and cheaper (regularly yes, i've checked on both accounts) at fry's, so the only reason their physical store does much if any business is either because of people unaware of where shopping comes with a bit less of the whole at knifepoint experience (price wise, they're sales people while retarded actually aren't bad) or because of some convenience angle, but thankfully they actually came out on top, they don't spam me enough to seem desperate to stay in business at the least, in fact i'm almost tempted to read one or two of their emails from time to time, so yeah, they did the illusion of giving a shit at least fairly well.

but, seriously and in closing, i just want to re-iterate how fucked it is when spam attached to legitimate businesses goes this far to get into an email box and further i'd say the guess that the only reason they chose to do this was because they assume they have a safe target once i've ordered something, don't play dumb you've seen that whole "please add us to your allow list blah blah" shit that most online places send out to "be sure you receive the tracking email" i mean, that's just low.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 21:31   #2
fc*uk

tiger direct has a warehouse out in Naperville, Il. A small portion of that warehouse is a store for shoppers to buy shit. Tiger direct and global are one and the same anymore.

As for the emails. Everyone of the places I bought stuff from did the same. You know what I did? Added them to my spam filter after the third day.

Done and done.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 21:31   #3
fc*uk

tiger direct has a warehouse out in Naperville, Il. A small portion of that warehouse is a store for shoppers to buy shit. Tiger direct and global are one and the same anymore.

As for the emails. Everyone of the places I bought stuff from did the same. You know what I did? Added them to my spam filter after the third day.

Done and done.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 21:37   #4
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
a broom closet in a warehouse does not in my opinion equal a retail store first of all.

second, i've taken the obvious solution as well, still it just is a pretty sad state of affairs, i guess i just needed to air my thoughts mostly though.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist