Old 24th February 2009, 01:46   #1
pohdie

Send a message via AIM to pohdie
winamp media libaray folder view

browsing media library by folder anyone???
not with winamp you aren't lol.

WHY THE HELL HAS THIS NOT BEEN IMPLENMENTED YET?!?

brb downloading foobar2k >>>>>>
pohdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 02:01   #2
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Never mind people, he's just another troll.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 12:28   #3
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Since my folders are the same as my tags, where is the benefit of using a folder view?

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 14:32   #4
homes32

apparently he as never heard of Dynamic Library

homes32
homes32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 05:23   #5
ezat

Never mind people, he's just another troll.
ezat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 20:41   #6
El Gato Fritz

Ok punks, the thread is a bit old, but the original poster was right. Why the hell winamp doesn't come with a folder view? All well and good with Dinamic Library, but something as simple as that should come with the thing.. instead of all the new shitty extensions By the way I am a Foobar user hehe (I'm forced to!)
El Gato Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 23:53   #7
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Another fuckin' troll.
Old 20th June 2009, 13:13   #8
El Gato Fritz

What's wrong with trolls anyway? They are always the most interesting characters... What you should be doing is changing things if you can or having somebody do it rather than taking it up on us... poor monsters
I would be happy to use Winamp but for the bloody thing mentioned. Let's face it, the tag/song recognisition doesn't always work 100% and you get songs and tracks scrambled more often than not.
A simple folder view option (such as that in Foobar) would solve this problem. Foobar is a nice little problem, nice and simple, but has also a few shortcomings (for example the use of DSPs or a decent equalizing/filtering programm). So move your ass programmers out there and plan this kind of option for the next update!
Regards
Old 20th June 2009, 16:20   #9
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

You have been pushing another program in all of your posts here.

You and your fucking Foobar can go to hell.
Old 20th June 2009, 23:24   #10
Koogle

I still use the ml_tree plugin by shaneh.. only person to do that shit properly where it generates its tree view from the existing ml database unlike that other crap plugin for winamp... oh yeah this one "apparently he as never heard of Dynamic Library"

..yes that pile of badly designed junk.

http://www.myplugins.info/ml_tree.php ...abondware, shame really it was so close to being perfect.

"browsing media library by folder anyone??? "

I do agree with you troll.. it should be built in.. but winamp is lagging behind the times these days its almost dead around here, nice of you to stop by.

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 03:28   #11
Eindringling

Or look here at the thread: Thread ml_tree

Folder view is a needed feature like preview in the media libaray.

Constant dripping wears away the stone.
Steter Tropfen höhlt den Stein.
Winamp, Audomate 3.4(135), Ultramixer or E-Mix
Eindringling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 08:34   #12
El Gato Fritz

Thanks Koogle for the tip. I downloaded ML Tree, it didn't look bad at first but is still not good enough. Even with the directory view on I can't really see the files as they are on the PC, and the songs are still played scrambled for some reason... and you can't change that as you don't have access to the song files. There seems to be a settings option but I can't get it to work, it appears greyed out.
So I think I'd stick to my old version of FOOBAR 2000 for the time being
Old 21st June 2009, 17:04   #13
Koogle

well like I said its abondware.. its unfortunate, it was going in the right direction, and yes plenty of things don't work or allow you any control.. but even in its unfinished state it has managed to do things better than its only competing plugin.

"Even with the directory view on I can't really see the files as they are on the PC"

...details?? you've added the folders you want to see to the ML yes?

Old 21st June 2009, 17:10   #14
Koogle

"Folder view is a needed feature"

yup

just like an improved playlist to match Aimp2... who are way ahead in that area!.. if it wasn't for there shity media library view and lack of integration( it looks like some other shit from another app), no decent SUi skin.. they gone for shity winamp classic style. I'd be using that instead as default.

Foobar is just too weak sauce for me to bother with.

Old 30th January 2010, 12:44   #15
zaelu

I have many albums that are covers, tributes etc... or many tracks (old) that have bad tagging or no tagging. There is no unique artist in those cases... the only way to listen the whole album is to actually drag the folder in winamp window which is silly.

for people that listen shuffled tracks or playlists is very minor thing but for those who want to listen an entire album that has no very good tagging is a big minus.

anyway... maybe is too hard to be coded by winamp creators which could explain the complete lack of the feature and no response to requests...

luckily there are other players that have this by default and they work great.
zaelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 00:01   #16
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

So you are too fucking lazy to tag your files properly, and you blame Winamp for that? Very grown up i'd say!
Old 31st January 2010, 11:01   #17
zaelu

You are a classic.

You go start tagging hundreds/thousands of files and maybe then you will not have the time to post dumb comments about people preferences about winamp or how they choose to spend their free time (read not tagging a million stupid files).

And it isn't a blame, it is a feature request, you sinister red neck.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildrose-Wally
So you are too fucking lazy to tag your files properly, and you blame Winamp for that? Very grown up i'd say!
Old 31st January 2010, 13:47   #18
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Maybe if you quit stealing tracks, or even if you had tagged them properly all along, you would not have this problem.

Redneck, eh?

Usually people revert to name calling when they have no proper defense. Don't you have a proper defense?

It amazes me that so many people have problems with or requests for Winamp, but if they had done things the right way, the problems and requests would largely disappear.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:40   #19
zaelu

You called me "fucking lazy" and un-"grown up" and now you're whining about name calling?

And in the same phrase you start implying that I steel tracks (cause you are unable to explain yourself how would I have tracks untagged) and you think that if you start yelling "thief!" here you gain something in favor of your point.

Get a grip dude...
Old 2nd February 2010, 02:35   #20
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

The "fucking lazy" still stands, as you have neglected to tag your files properly al along, and now you have so many it seems to be an impossible task.

Now as for the other matter, have you ever downloaded tracks through a P2P application, or have you bought the CD's of every track you have?
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:17   #21
zaelu

Many good mp3's I have come from the era where tagging was just "chic"... at least in my country. Good folder structure and good naming (aka: music\artist\album\preferred_song.mp3) did the job pretty well.

The fact that I don't bother having "great tags" on my mp3s even today is due to the fact that I take good care in naming the folders properly... cause just dumping your music in some place and hoping an external software (aka winamp) will read magic tags and make sense from it in your place is (yep you guessed it) "fucking lazy" in my book but, since you claim the words for your view I will drop them from now on and call it "your choosing".

As for the origin of the mp3's I have... mister policeman/woman... I have many tracks that come from personal rips from personal CD's and even vinils (and maybe some come from friends vinils and CD's, etc, not that I give a damn about the aspect), some of the tracks are pure demo tracks from romanian bands that came from friends that are activating in those bands, other tracks are personal recordings from events, etc - all have no or poor tags but great naming and folder structure.

Those kind of files give the biggest head ache when I need to search them in your precious Winamp as they are displayed piled up in complete disorder.

The mp3s everyone can download from p2p are tagged to perfection and they get info and lyrics from internet just fine... as you know it. That's the main reason most of people don't complain about the lack of folder view in winamp.

I suggest you stop trying tag this big world and people in it, you wouldn't make much sense out of it in the end .
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:06   #22
Koogle

Just ignore the wally Zaelu

Winamp has been a dead donkey for ages, their idea of improvements are crap like win7 taskbar integration...and other poorly developed junk, its beyond a joke.

Old 3rd February 2010, 20:59   #23
DrO

moving to the bitchlist so you can all bitch away as much as you want to as this is all getting petty now.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 09:49   #24
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Browsing by folder using Winamp has been around since before the library, hasn't it?

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist