Old 26th July 2010, 21:38   #1
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Helllllllllppppppppp! ITunes to Iphone on Win 7upgrade

I installed( yes, I did) Windows 7 upgrade Home Premium on my bud's Xp Toshiba laptop. I backed up all his photos and tune-age. He has ITunes and an IPhone. It synced and did an IPhone backup and restore.
Now, after successfully syncing once, it keeps giving a message MDCrash(or close to that) He re-installed ITunes and rebacked up IPhone with new firmware, but it still won't sync. He was on the phone to Apple and well, they tried to help but, no. I googled eighty gabillion places and forums. Does anybody know what I should do? I have to see him and his computer Friday. Any help is appreciated. And yes I know this isn't an Apple Forum Oh, I also downloaded Winamp(Natch) If that helps.
Oh..wait....

Last edited by Widdykats; 2nd December 2013 at 16:45.
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 22:17   #2
rockouthippie
Banned

Try this. Uninstall itunes. Reboot. Re-install itunes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gun-to-head.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	47373  
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 22:46   #3
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Try doing what ROH said, then turn the iPhone completely off (hold the home and sleep/wake button until the phone shuts off. You should get a red slider bar to do that, but keep holding the buttons, the phone will completely shut off).

After you've got iTunes re-installed, run it, THEN plug the phone into the computer. iTunes should go through the notion of verifying the iPhone, and hopefully it will work right.

On that note, i fucking hate iTunes.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 22:56   #4
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Nice picture ROH! You want to be your "Superherosignalforhelp Thingy" Thanks ROH
Ok. The guy who has IPhone has reinstalled things now a few times, but might not have rebooted;, so I thought I need a driver or something. The Computer does have all of the upgraded drivers(Had to wait on one but finnally got it) I just don't get... I sync... I don't sync. Computer and ITunes does recognize IPhone..just stops syncing. Will Winamp sync with IPhone? And thanks SSJ4G aka Fatman *God Dam Stairs* and ROH! Much Grass!
Old 26th July 2010, 22:57   #5
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

*Jinx*
Old 26th July 2010, 23:39   #6
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
The guy who has IPhone has reinstalled things now a few times, but might not have rebooted
Screwed up installs can cause problems like that. I would suspect the problem is with the PC and not the phone. If it continues to give you problems, you should run a registry cleaner to remove screwed up system registry entries.

This is why you should never, ever interrupt anything while it's installing. Don't cancel installs once you start them. Let them finish, go back and uninstall. I don't know if that's a factor here.

If you have an install that didn't go right, uninstall it and reboot before you have another whack at it. It's the same for any program that's gone south.

If there is anything left of your uninstalled program in the "Program Files" directory, delete it. This makes sure no old config files remain.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 00:23   #7
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ No, I fully installed Windows 7. After the installation was complete, dowloaded all the Microsoft updates for 7. I rebooted when they told me etc. Then downloaded Avast, Spybot, Winamp then installed Itunes fron external hard drive with music , which went in fine. At first it asked phone to backup and restore factory settings then some of his apps( which I kept in external HD Folder ) were gone, so that was reinstalled to phone. He later got firmware upgrade...I don't know ROH...It ran once on sync...then didn't ..then did now doesn't. Btw, I scanned for virus before exporting to HD. You might be right, though, about the ITunes Program. I'll look at that. I'm a little nervous about registry cleaning, but Jones' program I have run, and it's safe.

Last edited by Widdykats; 27th July 2010 at 01:01.
Old 27th July 2010, 00:36   #8
fc*uk

Something happened with my iPhone a while back that would cause the whole kit and caboodle to die a terrible death. Actually, either the iphone would stop syncing or it would cause iTunes to crash on the PC ... is that what is happening to you?

Oh yeah, this also happened exactly when I updated the software on the phone. I was able to sync it once, then notta.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 01:04   #9
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Yeah...That's what's happening to this guys Iphone on a Computer I upgraded to Windows 7. Almost exactly...so what happened to your Iphone? *shudder*
Old 27th July 2010, 01:16   #10
fc*uk

Well, I can tell you Win 7 has nothing to do with this; it happened to me on XP.

So, I could never really solve this problem, but I was able to fix it. Hopefully either this guy or you have another computer that has not been used to sync his phone. Connect the phone to this computer and sync it with iTunes. It probably will not want to because the computer does not know the phone. That's fine because you are going to tell the computer to wipe the phone back to factory defaults. Once that is done, sync it back with his computer.

Be warned: this guy is going to loose silly shit in this process. It turns out the phone and iTunes stores the pictures on the phone in a really odd location, if anywhere. When I want through the above with my phone, I lost all the pictures on the phone. I've learned the way around this is to sync the iphone photos into something like aperature or iphoto .... actually, never mind; it's a pc, so that won't help you. However, the pics were the only thing I lost .... well, I lost application specific data that is not transfered during a sync like game save points, but I really did not care about that ...

I gave up with apple care and the help forums being able to bail me out and took matters into my own hands. Apple care actually contacted asking how I eventually fixed the problem. They thought my solution was interesting, but were not going to add it to their knowledge base seeing as how it did end up in data loss and they can't really tell someone to go find another computer.
Old 27th July 2010, 01:29   #11
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

He wants the ITunes on the lap...the other computer is for office. He doesn't care about the apps(which he got back after factory reset...which left a blank screen...the phone was reloaded) All the pictures I had dumped to an external hard drive...all of 'em. and there were tons...he had a 100gig HD , Slick lookin', too. But the sync after the upgrade was iffy.....I guess uninstall...boot...then try again.
As a post script The driver I needed and waited and got was The Mass Storage Control Driver, which is now installed fine. But I had dowloaded another driver for flash media which may have been wrong although no error shows up. but I believe the MSCdriver was intalled after Itunes because I did see an error on the lap til later. ...Well, I could reinstall Itunes again, Windows and his lap seem to be running fine, aside from that.
Old 27th July 2010, 02:30   #12
fc*uk

And if that does not work, grab a virgin computer.
Old 27th July 2010, 09:32   #13
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I dunno! This guys a little older...a Virgin? Seems wrong, somehow...

*pst. Will try to find one. Ya' know not everyone has spare virgins just layin' around!
Thanks very much for all the help doods.
And fc*uk, you could still make " The Flamin' License Plate* as your SuperHeroSignalForHelp Thingy*

Last edited by Widdykats; 27th July 2010 at 10:30.
Old 27th July 2010, 09:42   #14
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

ok keep the iphone disconnected from pc

unistall itunes and ANY other related Apple products (Bonjour service, anything related to the iphone)..

reboot

get ccleaner and run a registry scan and clean the registry. run a scan and clean the temp folder cache as well

reboot

reinstall itunes

reconnect the iphone and allow it to install

reboot

connect iphone/open itunes and it should do it's thing and sync with the iphone

doing the above will take you back to the point before you first tried syncing the iphone.

Just because you uninstall (In windows) does not remove some registry settings and if one of those is or has corrupted no matter what you do it won't work.

the alternative is to do a system restore back to the point prior to when you tried to first install itunes/sync the iphone, then run ccleaner on the registry and the temp folder cache and reboot and then start again

Again, the reason even after a system restore that you should use ccleaner is that not all registry keys will be removed, they just become inoperative and are still there. Once you try to re-install they don't get over written as they already exist and so your back in the loop with a crappy registry key somewhere....

Try the first method which should work and then the system restore method if not...

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 10:12   #15
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggle View Post
ok keep the iphone disconnected from pc

unistall itunes and ANY other related Apple products (Bonjour service, anything related to the iphone)..

reboot
I'd have stopped there personally, quit while you are ahead and all that
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 10:21   #16
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Thanks, Smeggie .... You and all the other smart Computer Heros. I was praying it would be right click and press z or sumpin'
Oh... I just saw Jones And His Flamin Red Boots: Ya' know I thought it was something I did, but, really everything seems to be working well. I will use your reg.cleaner Jones to pickup spare parts of the ITunes and such. If I had my druthers, I'd rather him convert his music to a nice music folder played in Winamp.

Last edited by Widdykats; 27th July 2010 at 12:29.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions