Old 31st October 2013, 03:46   #1
Roob

Winamp anonymous statistics - Where can I see it?

Hi @ all

I found this post from 2005 with google

http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=41

In which files stores winamp the statistic data?

Thanks
Roob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 09:42   #2
DrO

that's from 2002 and its stored server side (if enabled and cannot be queried)..
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 11:34   #3
Roob

I see the date, but i don`t found never posts.

The data must be collected before they can send. In which files stores winamp this data?
Old 31st October 2013, 11:48   #4
DrO

that's because it's not for 3rd parties to query it. it's purely for Winamp internal usage and not for people like you. and how it was collected was changed during the 5.x series which that thread doesn't relate to as that's for 2.x and possible Winamp3 clients.

and more importantly, why would you even want the data...? sounds dodgy to me.
Old 31st October 2013, 12:11   #5
Roob

Dodgy? WTF?

That are data about me and from my system, why i should NOT have them? Other programs list you a user statistic in a nice graph and call it "feature". Winamp hide it from the user and ask a user about it, he becomes the answer "sounds dodgy for me".

That's crazy, seriously ...
Old 31st October 2013, 12:24   #6
DrO

well how am i meant to know what you're wanting to do when you're referencing 11yr old threads and no context of _what_ you're trying to achieve - that is why i said 'dodgy'. but whatever, i'm done with trying to answer such posts anymore - just causes me more fucking grief than it's worth.

and look at the [WinampReg] section in winamp.ini if it's so important to you (as i was trying to find out before you had a go at me) as that's where it's locally stored (which i didn't know about) and what it means, i dont know and i'm not going to bother to find out as i doubt i can say due to NDA's anyway. but whatever, you're on your own now to work out how it matches up to what you can see in your Winamp install as-is.
Old 1st November 2013, 17:24   #7
Roob

Without knowing the correct order of the statistics I can't do anything with those hex, but thanks. :-(
Did you seriously agree to an nda which forbade you to talk about the winamp statistics?

I don't understand your reasoning. Why would it be dubious if a thread was started 11 years ago and a user asks how to look up his own statistic without naming a proper reason?
I did not ask for any internal information or other details that should be protected. I simply wanted to see my own statistical data out of curiosity. I have been using winamp for quite some time now and was wondering how my statistic would look like, thats all.

So, whats the potential risk that you see here? Can any harm be done with that statistical data?

I get the impression that it became quite normal to be suspected of doing something illegal (in the UK) without any reason.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support