Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 9th November 2011, 22:35   #1
Ztjuh

F3 or J doesn't open Playlist Search feature sometimes.

This issue is getting on my nerves more and more, I've been using Winamp for ages, and I have always used F3 to search through my current music list (I'm not talking about the ML), but in some version there happend something that broke the feature! This has happend like more then a year ago already, but I guessed it would be fixed in some future version, but since it's still not fixex, I'm reporting it. Sometimes it does work, and other times it doesn't. Right now it doesn't work, but my guess is if I restart Winamp it does work. This is really annoying, because you wouldn't want to stop listening what you are listening to right? ^^

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 Bit)
Winamp 5.622

Greetz,
Ztjuh-
Ztjuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 10:57   #2
DrO

first thing, you'll need to upgrade the plug-in to the version on http://nunzioweb.com/daz/jtfe.html (which is newer than what is shipping in 5.622 and fixes a few other bugs).

secondly, with that version of the plug-in (and in the 1.2.4 which is in 5.622) doesn't allow me to reproduce the JTF window not reappearing (and yes it was about a year the bug has been present but as the plug-in is done in my freetime for coding has been next to minimal, it's only recently that i managed to find the time to work on the plug-in).

also is it just from opening it via the playlist editor shortcuts that you're doing it?

if it is still happening with the version i've linked to, i'd really need a copy of your winamp.ini so i can see what settings are in the config file to see if i can find what is causing it and try to fix it (if it still persists).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 11:04   #3
Ztjuh

Thanks I'll try it out for some time, I'll report back if it doesn't work, great job on the plug-in btw!
Old 9th December 2011, 00:38   #4
Ztjuh

I've tried this for some time now, but still have issues. Sometimes it just doesn't open. Anyway here is my winamp.ini. I'm only using the F3 and J shortcut on the keyboard, I didn't know there is any other way to open it, if there is any other way..
Attached Files
File Type: zip winamp.zip (4.3 KB, 307 views)
Old 14th February 2012, 06:47   #5
amcsi

Maybe you have the same problem as me? For me, mostly, when I press the hotkey for "Jump to File", it doesn't appear, except when I minimize my winamp, maximize it again, and unmaximize it, looking for the "Jump to file" window somewhere under the main winamp windows.
I just fixed this problem by going to the "Jump to file extra" plugin settings, then to the Display tab and unticked "Skin the window in the current Winamp skin style"
amcsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 11:00   #6
Kampy

Send a message via ICQ to Kampy
I have the same problem. For ages F3 used to be the search function, but now it doesnt work anymore. When I minimize and then open winamp again the search window comes up, but that's so annoying. Even reinstalling and using the light version didn't fix the bug. (winxp prof)

Kampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 11:31   #7
DrO

disable skinning of the JTF window via the plug-ins preference page.

though i think i'm now able to reproduce the issue after having had to create a new OS install recently due to a hard drive failiure - it only showed up once before on the old OS install. so maybe i'll finally be able to resolve the issue so i stop getting harassed about it.

-daz
Old 24th May 2012, 14:18   #8
Kampy

Send a message via ICQ to Kampy
Hey, it worked. Thanks!!
Kampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 16:45   #9
pablo19_1f

I'm using option to minimize to tray. I noticed, that "J" key doesn't show "jump to file" window (just doesn't show, but when i type song name, then "enter" it works) when I close Winamp, when it's minimized. I have to maximize Winamp, close program and start it again.

Can anybody confirm this behavior?

Windows 7 x64, Winamp 5.623

P.S. Sorry for my English
pablo19_1f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 20:00   #10
DrO

it's the same issue as this thread is already about and as already said in my post above, i can reproduce it but have not had the time (or inclination) to fix it now that i can reproduce the issue.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Tags
bug f3 j button search