Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Old 9th October 2008, 02:32   #1
law

Disable Multi Content View, Playlist and Menubar with Bento skin

Hello,

I'd like to be able to Disable Multi Content View, Playlist and Menubar selectively with the Bento Skin. Is this somehow possible or is there a Patch for this?
law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 09:04   #2
pjn123
Major Dude

No theres no patch for this

You can try this:
http://cpro.skinconsortium.com

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 13:46   #3
law

I already tried cpro but it looks quite different to Bento. I really like Bento as it is, but would like to be able to have a more simple view.
law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 21:56   #4
pjn123
Major Dude

Then nope.. you can only try to edit it yourself but I dont recommend this since it may throw errors in your face

Btw.. How will you move the skin if you disable the menubar?

And the playlist can be dragged to nothing.. so that will hide it.

And best way to almost hide mcv is to select Fileinfo and resizing it to the minimum allowed.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 18:24   #5
stopasking
Banned

To disable this annoying MCV You have just to remove a single attribute from the file 'Winamp\Skins\Bento\xml\player-normal-mvc.xml'.

1. Make a copy of the directory "Bento" and give it a name You like (Bento-Mini for example)
2. Open the above mentioned file inside your copied directory, in any text-editor
3. In Line 6 find the attribute 'left="player.component.fileinfo'
4. Delete that whole attribute so it looks like ' ="v" maxwidth="-141" right="player.component.... '
5. In winamp switch to your new Skin or just press F5 (if you direct edited the Bento Skin).

Here's the complete file including the patch: http://nopaste . info / 57c29c3b91.html (without spaces)

(I neither can post the url here because of censorship, nor can I attach the file because of ongoing server errors on your side - really badly programmed this place
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 18:25   #6
stopasking
Banned

the text behind the stars is "*******" sorry, didn't knew that this board is as badly designed as the Bento ;P
Old 24th March 2012, 18:26   #7
stopasking
Banned

wtf xD " . info / " without spaces ... hey you winamp coder-guys are nasty -.-
Old 25th March 2012, 13:22   #8
DrO

to correct the fud that has been posted in the above posts...

#1 - the upload issues have nothing to do with the programming of the forum which is someone else's code and the issue is due to the server setup, not the software.

#2 - that part is filtered since too many spammers submit links with it. if you can ensure we have no spammers using it then we'd remove it from the filters.

#3 - uploads do work, just due to the server setup issues, you have to often do a few refreshes during the upload to work. yes that's not ideal at all (i'm not disagreeing) but that's how it is (and if you want to complain about that, i'd suggest you look at the job changes posted in the wider press over the last few years to understand why it is like it is).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 11:42   #9
stopasking
Banned

First I have to give the name back to it's sender... Secondly I have to correct YOU.
#1 if it's the config, why am i getting "Zero size" errors from the .php part of the forum :P
#2 to filter spammers one can run a combination of white-/blacklists, to block all and every url is just a sign of shortsighted developers
#3 uploads won't work at all (20 of 20 attempts failed). Refresh is not suitable and leads to errors because of inactive pages who should respond to the upload script... Didn't You ever tried your own tips?
#3b nope and why should I? I am a user, and a user wants to use, not to make deep searches of companies-history in case of something isn't working as it should :P

P.S.: To add another complain The "delete Post" doesn't exist either - what is the main reason for the 2 uselesse posts up of DrO's answer

And now... please block this account - because it's posted on bugmenot anyway :P
Old 29th March 2012, 12:20   #10
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopasking View Post
P.S.: To add another complain The "delete Post" doesn't exist either - what is the main reason for the 2 uselesse posts up of DrO's answer
there is an edit action - deleting is only a moderation / admin thing. that's just how VBB is setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopasking View Post
And now... please block this account - because it's posted on bugmenot anyway :P
sure -> now banned (especially since your account posts have become suspicious again).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2013, 13:16   #11
Roob

Thanks a lot, stopasking!
I followed your steps and finally got rid of the useless (for me) Multi Content View.
Roob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins