Old 30th May 2003, 00:04   #1
Calrobowiz

Future

Where do you think we will be in the future? How will the world look? Do you think that are Species can ever get along? I'm not sure what to expect but I do know one thing, technology will take over. I think that we will get to the point were we have used up all the natural resources of mother Earth. I believe that we need to start creating technology that will preserve what little we have of this world.

What will our situation be like in the Middle East? Will they stop messing with us from now on, or come back when we least expect it. What do you think about the way we retaliated against 9\11? Not just America, but the world. Please submit your impute on this thread.

Calrobowiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2003, 00:09   #2
apollos
Forum King

world war 3 within 20 years which will kill a great proportion of the world. as somebody which I respect told me before, tragedy brings people together (eg, sept 11th) so the remaining people will go more back to basics and things will improve, and peoples love and respect for one another will grow too.

*shrug*
sounds good to me.
apollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2003, 00:14   #3
Janus Lunar
Space: 1 Pilot: 0
(Senior Member)

Send a message via AIM to Janus Lunar Send a message via Yahoo to Janus Lunar
I'm sorry that is classified information for agents of FATE only. We will have to edit this time stream now.

"Love is what you make of it, if you wish it to last for all time, then you must be willing to risk it all for the one you love."

- Sean T. Wiliams (1983 - )
Janus Lunar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2003, 00:23   #4
White Raven
Little Winged One

*Blushes and fiddles with her fingers* I hope I can be with my boyfriend...

No but seriously, I'm not sure whether AI will completely manifest itself, maybe a Matrix type thing will happen (Or has already?) Or maybe technology will be more like Data from Star Trek...

just as feathery as ever | portfolio | a poignant quote
White Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2003, 00:38   #5
xzit

Quote:
No but seriously, I'm not sure whether AI will completely manifest itself, maybe a Matrix type thing will happen (Or has already?:confused
Haha. That's cute (the 'already' thing)

I agree with Apollos about the World War 3 thing (within 20 years). That seems like a definite possibility. I think it's going to be interesting to see where technology takes us (and pushes us back).
xzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2003, 00:42   #6
Janus Lunar
Space: 1 Pilot: 0
(Senior Member)

Send a message via AIM to Janus Lunar Send a message via Yahoo to Janus Lunar
Hey don't worry. The Matrix din't happen. I know. I manage the FATE time management computer system. Oh wait now I've got to change time again. DAMMIT!

"Love is what you make of it, if you wish it to last for all time, then you must be willing to risk it all for the one you love."

- Sean T. Wiliams (1983 - )
Janus Lunar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2003, 00:46   #7
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

Maybe no where, maybe will die...
maybe nothing

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2003, 04:58   #8
Nat_roy

Well, Calro, technology will not take over because it took over a long time ago. Technology in its essence has nothing to do with electronics. It is simply the practical application of ideas to assist in our daily lives. We, of course, have been using this since the dawn of mankind. The new technology that will sprout soon will probably be more heavily integrated in our lives, but I think we will also notice less and less, as its integration will be on a more subtle level.

On the topic of World War III, well, im not sure we will have one. It is certainly a possibility, but I doubt events will become that so out of control that such a drastic action will have to be taken. What I think will happen is that the many small wars that we are having now will simply continue on, or new ones will start up.

And on the topic of the way the U.S. handled the 9/11 situation, well, I am indifferent either way, as it does not direct me directly (at least not yet). I think I agree with their agenda, but not the methods that they used.

Nat_roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2003, 05:45   #9
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to oNaMiSsIo
i think america will cease to be a superpower in the next 50 years. i dont really want it to happen, but i think it will.

the middle east will always be a war zone until one group conquers all of it and kills off everything else
(interesting question-- which would be better, continuing the middle east situation as it is now or having one country take over all the others (at a major cost of life) and having peace??)

My advice is to start drinking heavily. - John Belushi, Animal House
oNaMiSsIo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2003, 00:47   #10
Calrobowiz

What would your anser be to oNaMiSsIo's question? "which would be better, continuing the middle east situation as it is now or having one country take over all the others (at a major cost of life) and having peace?"

Old 31st May 2003, 01:25   #11
apollos
Forum King

I agree America won't stay the superpower of the world.

Greece was once the centre of the world, now it is unimportant as far as superpowers are concerned, Greek was once the educated mans language, infact, George Washington knew Greek.

Things change, English is the worlds language now and the US I think that the US is at it's peak, loads will happen in the next 20 years, it will be interesting to see who is the main superpower by then, Russia maybe?
Old 31st May 2003, 01:41   #12
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

speaking of languages, (no pun intended) it'll be interesting to see what happens in 30 years or so when most people in the US speak spanish, not english. [edit] i think its supposed to be even sooner than that[/edit]

but really I would like to see a discussion of the question: which would be better, continuing the middle east situation as it is now or having one country take over all the others (at a major cost of life) and having peace?

Old 31st May 2003, 01:42   #13
Hollow
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Hollow
I suspect its going to take more than 20 years for russia to become a super power again. I suspect that there will be more economic superpowers rather than superpowers like the usa. Look at japan, and look at what the stated goals of the eu are.

The moon is made of cheese.
Oh for some tasty moon cheese.
www.redtetrahedron.org
Hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2003, 03:04   #14
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

hollow- is that avatar mc escher? or am i just imagining it?

Old 1st June 2003, 03:00   #15
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

damnit. just when this topic was looking interesting, it dies.

Old 1st June 2003, 03:08   #16
Kyjan
Soul Reaver
(Member)

Guys, remember, we've already been through this 5 times...this is the 6th time, and they still haven't perfected the system, so we're going to die by the hands of AI!

*stops and thinks of what the world would be like if the Matrix really did exist* Whoa! I might not even know. *chuckles*
Kyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2003, 05:06   #17
xzit

When I think of the future, I picture taller buildings, more cityspace, and more people. I can't help but think that there will be some form of a major war in the somewhat near future. Of course I would like to be proven wrong. I do worry about population. I think things will somehow work themselves out... I'm looking forward to seeing some of the changes.
Old 1st June 2003, 07:08   #18
White Raven
Little Winged One

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyjan
Guys, remember, we've already been through this 5 times...this is the 6th time, and they still haven't perfected the system, so we're going to die by the hands of AI!

*stops and thinks of what the world would be like if the Matrix really did exist* Whoa! I might not even know. *chuckles*
Yeah, I know... the whole matrix thing does kick some ass, but kind of freaky if you think about it.

There is no spoon...

(P.S. Kyjan, love the avatar!
<- faithful follower of Raziel. )

just as feathery as ever | portfolio | a poignant quote
White Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2003, 14:31   #19
White Soul

Well I really don't think there will be another world war because the world is to strong with peace now and will continue to get more peacefull and I really don't think that another world war will help us for that. Really, the idea that we might have another world war is unreal to me.
White Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2003, 16:07   #20
Hollow
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Hollow
Quote:
Originally posted by oNaMiSsIo
hollow- is that avatar mc escher? or am i just imagining it?
Yep, its escher. he's done some good stuff.

I find it interesting that everyone points toward a big war in the near future. Who exactly do we think is going to fight this war? Europe? America? (and if anyone says china vs. america...). The only real conflict area of international importance is the middle east, and well they've basicaly been at war for years now, and likely will be for a long time. Chances of a war like the world wars is, in my mind slim. The socio-econonomic-political atmosphere is not the same as it was in the early 20th century, and this played a huge role in making (at least WWI) as international as it was.

The moon is made of cheese.
Oh for some tasty moon cheese.
www.redtetrahedron.org
Hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2003, 05:18   #21
DragonSon
Fears the boots
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Janus Lunar
Hey don't worry. The Matrix din't happen. I know. I manage the FATE time management computer system. Oh wait now I've got to change time again. DAMMIT!

Please, don't listen to Janus, he's a little....'under the weather'.
He doensn't know what he's talking about.....................................................................................DAMMIT JANUS!!!DON'T GIVE US AWAY LIKE THAT!!!!!NOW HURRY AND EDIT THE TIMESTREAM!!!...DAMNIT!!!
DragonSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2003, 21:32   #22
Calrobowiz

So, does anyone have anything to add before this thread finally dies?

Old 2nd June 2003, 21:35   #23
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

yeah.. i would still like to see some discussion on the question posed earlier...
Quote:
which would be better, continuing the middle east situation as it is now or having one country take over all the others (at a major cost of life) and having peace?

Old 2nd June 2003, 22:33   #24
xzit

I don't think there will ever be "peace" there. I'd like to know if that is even possible.
Old 3rd June 2003, 03:33   #25
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

i'm sure its possible, just incredibly unlikely anytime soon.

Old 3rd June 2003, 05:09   #26
Calrobowiz

I think the only way they will stop being at war is by destroying each other. Quite sad really.

That's what my quote is all about.(AKA signature below)

Old 5th June 2003, 05:17   #27
Calrobowiz

Do you think that America and the world will ever lose the memory of 9\11? Or any other war on that note.

Old 5th June 2003, 13:47   #28
Kinetik*
Forum Antagonist
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by Apollos
world war 3 within 20 years which will kill a great proportion of the world. as somebody which I respect told me before, tragedy brings people together (eg, sept 11th) so the remaining people will go more back to basics and things will improve, and peoples love and respect for one another will grow too.

*shrug*
sounds good to me.

Though this is a good point, I simply have to argue it. Well, maybe not argue with it, but explain it.

Tragedy does bring people together, agreed.

But why?

Because the majority of people are sick, morbid, and vile. Why do you think you still see pictures of 911 on the front of news papers? People jumping from windows to the ground below. [Yes, I've seen a newspaper depicting someone jumping from one of the windows to their death below.]

People hang the pictures up, people buy the newspapers, and people show people because they find it entertaining. They don't think (Or the majority) that it's horrid at all. They think it's ENTERTAINING. And that disgusts me. If it wasn't entertaining people wouldn't buy it, bottom line. If it wasn't entertaining and profitable, people wouldn't print newspapers with this still on the front with some bullshit story that they pulled out of their asses beneath it. People that truly think this is horrible and vile don't stare at the pictures and hang them on their walls as "reminders." They truly find it to be horrible and they try not to look at the images because they are vile and disgusting, degrading and impersonal. It's horrible.

Entertainment pulls people together. Death is entertaining.

People disgust me sometimes.

Procrastinators of the world unite!... Tomorrow!
Kinetik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2003, 13:53   #29
Kinetik*
Forum Antagonist
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by White Soul
Well I really don't think there will be another world war because the world is to strong with peace now and will continue to get more peacefull and I really don't think that another world war will help us for that. Really, the idea that we might have another world war is unreal to me.
Sorry just saw this post, and something had to be said.

Because the world is too strong with peace? And will continue to get more peaceful... You realize that a large wall is being put up between Palestine and Isreal? (I think) This is not a step towards peace. There is going to be a holy war, and that is not peace. A wall is not a step towards peace, it is a step towards even more misunderstanding between the two countries. A step towards even more brooding hatred.

Old 5th June 2003, 19:38   #30
Calrobowiz

The reason people think war is entertaining is because they don't fully understand it. People see all of this crap on the news and automatically see it as a fictional thing. They don't realize that thousands of people have died. It could very well of been them in the twin towers. I could only watch so much news before I would get pissed off or depressed. I know that there are sick people who think it is entertaining to see a fellow man die. It sickens me. But hay, I guess we have Hollywood to thank for that.

Old 5th June 2003, 20:04   #31
zootm
Forum King

i see the world of the future looking a little something like this:
Attached Images
File Type: png world map.png (7.8 KB, 177 views)

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2003, 20:10   #32
apollos
Forum King

Can I live there too zootm?
Old 5th June 2003, 20:11   #33
zootm
Forum King

only if you can cook. i can't cook for shit.

Old 5th June 2003, 22:25   #34
Calrobowiz

Wow that map was very artistic,zootm.

Old 5th June 2003, 22:54   #35
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

fazer- i dont think that anyone finds death and war entertaining, its the mere fact that its so stunning and visceral that makes people buy the newspapers. think of the time-tested analogy of people slowing down for car accidents. they dont fond it entertaining (at least i dont) its just that they want to see what's going on.

Old 5th June 2003, 22:56   #36
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Calrobowiz
Wow that map was very artistic,zootm.
took me a whole 3 minutes on ms paint. i love you guys that much.

Old 5th June 2003, 23:04   #37
Kinetik*
Forum Antagonist
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by oNaMiSsIo
fazer- i dont think that anyone finds death and war entertaining, its the mere fact that its so stunning and visceral that makes people buy the newspapers. think of the time-tested analogy of people slowing down for car accidents. they dont fond it entertaining (at least i dont) its just that they want to see what's going on.
I'd agree, if it wasn't for the small detail that is your being wrong. People don't slow down for car wrecks because they want to see what's going on, they KNOW What's going on. They know there was a car wreck, you can see the carnage from a ways off, you don't have to slow down to see how mangled the cars are. People for the most part slow down to see dead bodies. It's the people that don't slow down for the car wrecks that aren't fucked. Sure, some people very well may slow down because the cars they saw from a distance looked like someone they know, sure, but if the car doesn't look like someone you know, or if the cars are SO Fucking twisted up that you know no one could have lived through it, why slow down? Because people are fucked, that's why.

Besides, people aren't still printing newspapers of 911 because it's "Stunning" It was stunning two years ago. They're printing it because it's entertaining. Why do you think we have tv shows and video games of people shooting shit up? Because it's entertaining. Do I play these video games? Damn right, they're fun. I'm a human and a hypocrite, damn proud.

Old 5th June 2003, 23:06   #38
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by Apollos
I agree America won't stay the superpower of the world.

Greece was once the centre of the world, now it is unimportant as far as superpowers are concerned, Greek was once the educated mans language, infact, George Washington knew Greek.

Things change, English is the worlds language now and the US I think that the US is at it's peak, loads will happen in the next 20 years, it will be interesting to see who is the main superpower by then, Russia maybe?

True. Egypt was also the center of the world, and for a long time too. People from all over went there to be educated and find unseen wonders. As for the Russia comment, I don't thing that they will be a super power again for a long time probably longer than 20 years. Unless someone turns it completely around like a Roosevelt or Lincoln.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2003, 23:36   #39
oNaMiSsIo
Major Dude

fazer - you ca nkeep your beliefs, but i refuse to believe that humans in general are sadists.

Old 5th June 2003, 23:40   #40
Kinetik*
Forum Antagonist
(Major Dude)

You have too much faith in humanity. I guess faith is a good thing to have, kind of like hope.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions