X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • showman
    • Jul 2008

Playlist save location

Sorry if this question has been covered, but is there an option to tell winamp where to save playlists?
    It seems that my playlists get saved into whatever was my last folder viewed. Just wondering
  • J_Darnley
    Forum King
    • Apr 2004

Playlists from where? When you save a playlist you can say where it is saved. If you mean the Library Playlists then no, they are saved into the settings folder.
    Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
    Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.

Comment

• praise4him
      • Sep 2003

If it's per-user, Document and Settings\[your user name]\application data\winamp\winamp.m3u(8)

that's the settings folder

Comment

• showman
        • Jul 2008

Yeah...mine seems to handle it a little different, but that's ok...I have created a folder for them, and I just plop them into it. I guess I want the option of choosing the save location in the options.

Comment

• J_Darnley
          Forum King
          • Apr 2004

Of what?
          ML Playlists? You can manually edit playlists.xml to have them point anywhere. It might be nice to have this feature through Winamp.
          A playlist you explicitly save? Save it where ever you want to save it then. It is a standard Windows dialog.
          The main Winamp playlist? It is not likely to move from winamp.m3u[8] because of compatibility issues.

Settings are saved in %appdata%\Winamp with a clean install of 5.5 or later or in the install folder with an old install.
          You can just enter %appdata% into the address bar of Windows Explorer or the Run dialog and you will be taken straight there.
          Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
          Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.

Comment

• jfiglik
            • Apr 2017

WinAmp Playlist Location

Yes you can save playlists anywhere you want. If you've not specified an alternate directory, try looking for your playlists in the (default?) location:
            checkout ~user\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Plugins\ml\Playlist.xml

This file references the *.m3u8 files also located in the same directory

Using a programming editor, in my case, I find that the playlist.xml file is one (1) line 3,064 characters long.

Comment

• Ranceed
              • Apr 2017

Sorry if this question has been covered, but is there an option to tell winamp where to save playlists?
              It seems that my playlists get saved into whatever was my last folder viewed. Just wondering
              you can save at anywhere you want

Comment

• pbleeker78
                • Sep 2017

I've never had this problem :-/

Comment

Working...
                X