Old 27th July 2011, 05:49   #1
wilk0r

WinAmp packaged software - Cheap trick :/

I'll start this by saying I've been a faithful WinAmp (free) user for many years now, and still get the same superior audio reproduction and configuration that I recommend to friends, so the product itself is not at fault.

Doing the latest WinAmp update, I was annoyed by the many pages of pre-selected software or configuration 'enhancements'. This is now an install that I need to be pretty attentive to, just to make sure that I don't install a bunch of adware and browser extensions that I have to actively de-select to make sure they don't mess up how I run my system.

I understand that, in order for me to enjoy a free product, certain pieces of advertising silver need to cross certain palms, but if I want those extra services I'll select them myself. To complexify the install for a first-time user (hypothetically) by insisting on the default install of these crappy extras seems counter-productive.

It's a very cheap marketing tactic, and I'm confident the quality of Winamp itself is more than enough to float it for users without the 'free steak knives'.

Cheers
wilk0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 11:38   #2
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

You've been using a free product for many years, but free does not mean it did not cost anything. Suck it up, princess and quit your bitching.
As a free user you still have not learned how to properly spell Winamp, so how faitful of a user are you?
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion