Old 11th June 2007, 12:49   #1
b00nlander2

Streaming Winamp output

Hi there,

I would like to directly stream from winamp to the network. When I tried to setup NSV, I always had to provide a "capture device", but of course Winamp isn't recognized as such.
My scenario looks like the following: on the SERVER computer, I want to play a video in WINAMP. This video shall be streamed to other computers in the network. That way, I can not use the encoding stuff of NSV (pre-encoding the videos), it is more like live-streaming. The CLIENTS shall simply receive that live-stream from winamp in any format (VLC understand sooo many ).
Does anyone have an idea how I can setup the winamp output as the streaming input of NSV?

Thanks for your help,
b00n

Oh, and if someone happens to know a good VOD solution, that would be great as well
b00nlander2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 13:01   #2
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

oh look someone wants the magical mystery winamp video streamer plugin that has never existed and will probably never exist but would be quite popular if it came into existance

listen here buddy boy, did you pay for your copy of winamp pro? i doubt it, so what incentive would anyone have to make a (very difficult to code) plugin for winamp if when they tried to sell it to recoup some of their time spent on the project as cash, everyone just stole it from them instead

there's no reason to make the plugin because nobody would buy it even though everyone would want it

just look at these forums, you'll see programs like SAM2 and SAM3 mentioned again and again by people who have no intentions of actually paying for the program

dumbass

Originally posted by yeshuawatso :
...get Nullsoft to [accept] new moderators? ... election? ... If Inedible Bulk is the candidate, then I give my vote.
Inedible Bulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 13:23   #3
john@ROCKNTV1

Location: i have broken not a single rule and you deleted my sig craigF.. OK MY TURN CRAIGF and smelter thank for bumping bulks flame post
Re: Streaming Winamp output

Quote:
Originally posted by b00nlander2
Hi there,

I would like to directly stream from winamp to the network. When I tried to setup NSV, I always had to provide a "capture device", but of course Winamp isn't recognized as such.
My scenario looks like the following: on the SERVER computer, I want to play a video in WINAMP. This video shall be streamed to other computers in the network. That way, I can not use the encoding stuff of NSV (pre-encoding the videos), it is more like live-streaming. The CLIENTS shall simply receive that live-stream from winamp in any format (VLC understand sooo many ).
Does anyone have an idea how I can setup the winamp output as the streaming input of NSV?

Thanks for your help,
b00n

Oh, and if someone happens to know a good VOD solution, that would be great as well

screen cap the video window with soft ware.

search the threads with smelters name on them......

sappinin smelter ....... i know your in here....
john@ROCKNTV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 21:38   #4
sankt

VOD

You create a PLS file, use HTML to link to the PLS file, and you store the NSV file on the web server.

VOD can use a huge amount of bandwidth, so be forewarned.

You can also use the modfied ActiveX Winamp player. www.scvi.net/activex.htm

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 20:15   #5
gameplaya15143
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Inedible Bulk
oh look someone wants the magical mystery winamp video streamer plugin
... nice

There are 2 (possible) ways to use winamp as a source for this..
1. Disable overlay and use screen capture sofware and nsvcap.
2. Use TV out and a capture card and nsvcap.

You are better off just pre-encoding the videos (the proper way), and tuning into your stream with winamp so you can see it too.

Is your computer even fast enough for live video encoding?
gameplaya15143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 00:23   #6
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by gameplaya15143
... nice

There are 2 (possible) ways to use winamp as a source for this..
1. Disable overlay and use screen capture sofware and nsvcap.
2. Use TV out and a capture card and nsvcap.

You are better off just pre-encoding the videos (the proper way), and tuning into your stream with winamp so you can see it too.

Is your computer even fast enough for live video encoding?
heh is that a fake nice or what

because it should be real

i have an idea on how to make this better and just realized it's potential so here comes the inedible bulk money machine

Originally posted by yeshuawatso :
...get Nullsoft to [accept] new moderators? ... election? ... If Inedible Bulk is the candidate, then I give my vote.
Inedible Bulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video