Old 19th January 2011, 08:35   #681
Museter

Hm.. I had chille tonight.
Museter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 15:20   #682
fc*uk

homemade buffalo chicken pizza. 'Twas good.

Tonight I am either going to make pan Asian noodles or veal tagliatelle ... or maybe a ragu.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 00:35   #683
fc*uk

Pan Asian noodles and Tsingtao.

Dear Lord I am in heaven.

Remind me to post a recipe of this when I am using an real computer...
Old 24th January 2011, 00:35   #684
fc*uk

Pan Asian noodles and Tsingtao.

Dear Lord I am in heaven.

Remind me to post a recipe of this when I am using an real computer...
Old 26th January 2011, 07:34   #685
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
I've been having the problem with the forum trying to double post too - when the page finally loads, it says I've posted twice in the same minute, when really I only did once and the forum tried a second time, so I have to hit the back button, then refresh, and that prevents the double post for me.

As a moderator, that won't work for you though, since the double post won't be stopped by the 60 second rule.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 09:13   #686
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Last night.. Haggis with neeps & tatties, washed down with a couple of wee drams of finest single malt...

With a delicious Cranachan for afters....

For it 'twas Burns night in the Jones household....
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 16:15   #687
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ You make and eat Haggis? O.O
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 20:04   #688
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Well, don't 'make' it as such, but certainly buy and cook.

Delicious stuff and very versatile in it's uses....
Old 26th January 2011, 21:56   #689
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

This is Haggis

T
This is what Jones had.. no ...over on your rightYummy?
Old 27th January 2011, 00:44   #690
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
I actually want to try haggis.

"Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach."

That actually sounds pretty good to me. Will pass on the neeps and whiskey. Mashed potatoes is fine, and some bourbon baked beans would be good, too.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 08:45   #691
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Love Bourban Baked Beans. I remember in Amma.. Armma Er Ammma gonna' die with Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck and Steve Buscemi et al..One of Willis' Crew describes Haggis and ends with the phrase " That'll put some hair on your ass" I really don't want hair on my ass....no, really.
Old 27th January 2011, 08:48   #692
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdykats View Post
This is Haggis

T
This is what Jones had.. no ...over on your rightYummy?
Yes yes yes, I'm aware of what it 'looks' like, good for me that I don't eat with my eyes, if I did I wouldn't eat half the stuff I do.

You don't actually eat 'that', but what's contained within it.

It's all about the taste , all about the taste! haggis is great stuff, always have some in here , it's great to stuff chicken breasts and the like , mmmm, baked chicken stuffed with haggis, wrapped in bacon... carb overload!

Widdy, get on a plane, head to UK and I will cook you a fine fine haggis and serve it on a silver plate for you, I'll even get my kilt out and wear that, and you know what they say true kilt wearers wear under their kilts.....

I'd send you one, but you have some wierd law preventing the import of it :wierd:
Old 27th January 2011, 09:09   #693
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Oh, and last night it was...Spaghetti alla puttanesca
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_alla_puttanesca

The variant cooked up in the Jones house was made with extra fish in the shape of Seabass...

nom nom...
Old 27th January 2011, 09:16   #694
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I would gladly get on a plane and get to you and be served Haggis and drinkies(put the exotic beauty in another room *fear*) but .... Seeeeeee
Oh, I made Steak (Parsley Rub) and Mashed Potatoes with Parsnips and Salad.
Old 27th January 2011, 13:58   #695
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4 Gogitta View Post
I actually want to try haggis.

"Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs)
yeah i can agree with you on that, the lungs bit i'm pretty wary of and i've not yet tried liver or heart so i can't yet say on those two but they are on the list, i think, courage in a bottle anyone?

but yeah, i'm curious to see what haggis is like, maybe without the intestinal meats though, haggis lamp chops?

have to wonder what it's traditionally seasoned like, i imagine it to be sort of like corn beef for taste anyway, but it seems like most people aren't really specific about the seasoning method or generalized taste of the dish.

i've only met a handful of meats i didn't like and every last one of those? it was seafood, crustaceans typically:
lobster, crab, scallop, other things with that familiar fishy taste and spidery scurrying across the sea floor thing going on...
they're almost in a separate category aside from meat all their own.

last night, (well early dinner) i had a "california cheese steak" at the cheesecake factory at washington square.
now first off, i'll point out right now, if it's a california cheesesteak, right off the bat, you're shooting for the wrong target, it's a philly cheese steak.
the food was severely unimpressive and the cheesesteak seemed to contain almost an entire table's amount of pepper, i'm not too big on cheesesteak and calling this establishment mediocre would be doing it too large a favor, but my mom had it and concurred "this place blows" she'd wanted to go there because she had it on vacation somewhere else and it was really good, supposedly.

the food was shitty, the wait was long, the advertistments in the menu were more enticing than the selection, the prices were unjustified, the namesake was a disgrace even the cheesecake was horrible and no doubt worst of all, they didn't try to make a good cheesesteak

but oh well, i figured as much and went along since there wasn't any chance i was footing the bill, it still stands as obvious fact that the only cheesesteak sandwhich you want in your mouth, are the kind that come in paper bags, paper bags which are invariably nearly translucent from the grease of a well served and prepared artery clogging wonder that is the hot philly cheesesteak sandwhich.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 14:32   #696
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

TDM, haggis has a texture of minced beef, slightly finer if anything and is more spicy, but not overpowering

If you didn't know what it was, you would think it was some tasty spicy meat thing, don't be put off by what's in it, you probably eat far worse things every day that you don't even realise, for example, do you know why cat food is never available in Pork flavours?, it's because piggy is the only animal there is generally no waste bits left over when slaughtered, humans consume just about every single part of it, mainly in sausage meat, as my butcher always says, 'pork sausages?, it's all bum holes and eyelids....'

It has a bad rep because people see 'heart/lungs' etc and blanche at it, but hey, it's no worse than any other meat...

I wish you guys could get hold of it over there to see what it's like, there are vegetarian versions of it on on the market, but it's not quite the same.

You'd love it on our house TDM, we regulary eat crabs and lobster , we tend to buy whole crabs and gut them, the meat that comes out is divine, just have to get past the shock of opening up a whole crab and scopping out all the soft squishy bits you can't eat first, brain, digestive tract etc etc etc... even I found myself saying 'what the fuck is THAT' the first time I gutted a crab..........damd, making myself hungry now.......I do love my seafood....

Oh, and tonight, we'll be having smoked black pepper coated mackerell fillets , probably with some veg, om nom nom....
Old 27th January 2011, 16:04   #697
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
I wish you guys could get hold of it over there to see what it's like, there are vegetarian versions of it on on the market, but it's not quite the same.
yep, unfortunately i know what you mean, seems most vegetarians don't call vegetarian food by what it accurately is - pointless and bland, i've had better tasting cardboard.

Quote:
You'd love it on our house TDM, we regulary eat crabs and lobster
if it skitters around on insect legs, call it what it is, a pest.
i'm not sure what it is about "that fishy taste" but... crustaceans have it in spades, can't stand it, even supposedly "good" fresh lobster i don't like at all, clams are awesome though, with a little breading in a fry pan.

don't get me wrong, i like some seafood, but not all, squid/octopus
sushi, sashimi, most milder tasting fish, all yummy.

Old 27th January 2011, 16:15   #698
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I find fish/seafood in general to be an aquired taste.

I myself love any fish related dish, in fact well over half the meals we eat at home during the week are seafood based.

However, I can appreciate it's not to everyones taste, my ex couldn't stand fish, the very smell of it made he feel ill, so by that token, I never ate it at home, the current Mrs Jones however has a similar taste in food to me, so eat as much as we like, for example, have a lovely big fat squid in the fridge at home for dinner tomorrow night, just need to clean him up and chop him up and into the pan he goes, nom nom......
Old 27th January 2011, 17:28   #699
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
"Acquired" sounds about right with my taste for seafood, though maybe I'm just picky...Crab, shrimp, and fish I'll eat without hesitation, but crayfish, lobster, mussels, and oysters don't readily appeal to me...Although with the latter half of the mix, maybe I should actually try the damned things one of these days...

Until then, my excuse is "texture"...

But damn, this is making me want to go to a local Chinese buffet for their crab legs; Haven't had those in a while...It's best if they don't freeze it for so long that the meat cleanly comes out of the shell, otherwise it pulls out like processed meat...Put all the meat in a bowl, throw some butter on top, grab a fork, and dig in; That's how I eat it, since it seems more rewarding for so much collective work...

In between then, at Golden Corral, they've had this "New Orleans"-styled fish, that had some cajun spices in it...Funny how putting cajun in my macaroni and cheese tastes so natural, yet cajun on fish seemed so bizarre, but this is what happens when all I see around me in Kentucky is "country/southern"-type stuff...Not bad at all...Wish I knew how to cook fish, though...

...well, cook in general beyond the basic, anyway...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 17:40   #700
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

lately besides eating out we've been on a marinating craze (marinade injector ftw) and using this stuff, almost religiously - pork chops, beef, chicken, everything really - didn't think i'd like it on chicken but it was pretty good.

http://www.johnnysfinefoods.com/Jama...48oz_p_56.html

it's a bit spicy, but i wouldn't say overly so, so fairly versatile stuff in my book although it hasn't been used with any fish sort of dishes yet.

Old 27th January 2011, 20:15   #701
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too-DAMN-Much View Post
yep, unfortunately i know what you mean, seems most vegetarians don't call vegetarian food by what it accurately is - pointless and bland, i've had better tasting cardboard.

if it skitters around on insect legs, call it what it is, a pest.
i'm not sure what it is about "that fishy taste" but... crustaceans have it in spades, can't stand it, even supposedly "good" fresh lobster i don't like at all, clams are awesome though, with a little breading in a fry pan.

don't get me wrong, i like some seafood, but not all, squid/octopus
sushi, sashimi, most milder tasting fish, all yummy.
Blasphemer!!!!!!
*Widdykats: Lovin' Squid, Crab, Lobster, and all of it...from the giddy-up*
Old 27th January 2011, 20:36   #702
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

i've never yet met a red meat i didn't like, if it's any consolation...

Old 28th January 2011, 09:42   #703
rockouthippie
Banned

I BBQ'ed me some Steelhead tonight. Yum.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 13:12   #704
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

three pizzas (so there's left overs all weekend )
one pepperoni, one hawaiian and the oddball, a "de-lite" chicken and garlic getup that papa murphy's has for the diet crowd, oddly enough..... those taste like food too and i think i actually like it, nice crisp thinnish crust, now if only they made them in non-tiny sizes...

Old 29th January 2011, 03:20   #705
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too-DAMN-Much View Post
i've never yet met a red meat i didn't like, if it's any consolation...
our farmers around here often shoot racoons, skunks, and groundhogs... don't try that red meat. They give it all to the pigs.

Tonight:

ridiculously oversized deep-fried pork loin sandwich with barbecue sauce/Frank's RedHot mix (I was even good enough to butter-grille the bun),

home-made fries (use potato fry cutter and deep frier, skin-on) with Lawry's seasoned salt,

home-brewed beer

The food was excellent. The beer was horrible. That balances out to approximately "meh".

Old 29th January 2011, 03:24   #706
rockouthippie
Banned

Rib steak, fries, salad.
Old 29th January 2011, 17:41   #707
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
our farmers around here often shoot racoons, skunks, and groundhogs... don't try that red meat. They give it all to the pigs.
i'm not stupid, seriously does anyone who walks on two legs eat that shit?
hell, honestly that's close enough i'd consider it roadkill regardless....

dinner last night was fast food, KFC, it's been a while since we ate there and.... it really didn't encourage me to eat there more often.
well.... except for the fried cheese curds, at least one menu item is worth getting.

Old 29th January 2011, 18:39   #708
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
KFC
It is surprising that KFC can stay in business making truly inferior chicken.
Old 29th January 2011, 21:19   #709
JPRoss

Had a chamber event last night. Chicken AND steak, plus green beans, potatoes and cheese cake!
JPRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2011, 01:22   #710
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

their chicken itself isn't much to speak of, but I find their breading/batter to be pretty good in a pinch

Old 30th January 2011, 01:56   #711
rockouthippie
Banned

I'm spoiled with local Oregon chicken. I mean there just isn't any other chicken worth a damn.
Old 30th January 2011, 02:08   #712
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
Lee Cummings sure knew how to do something right where Colonel Harland Sanders sold out; Which is why I've always found Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken much better than anything at KFC, especially when Lee's is a hell of a lot less greasy than KFC...

The Claudia Sanders Dinner House also consists of a side of chicken with your order of grease...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2011, 10:01   #713
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
yeah i know, what's even more strange is that in this recession companies try to cut more corners and are surprised when they're found out and go bankrupt, instead of trying to learn how to make a buck the honest way, you know, hold the deception and scandal.

Old 1st February 2011, 01:29   #714
fc*uk

hot and sour soup. i believe I already posted the recipe ... nommers.
Old 1st February 2011, 09:11   #715
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Last night...home made crab cakes, mrs jones spicy potato wedges and a secret dipping sauce that only I know the recipie of, is it sweet, is it sour, is it spicy.....

nom nom....
Old 1st February 2011, 10:58   #716
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ I just ate my shoe after reading that...I'm starving.
And why is it such a secret? Is it "special"?
Old 1st February 2011, 12:12   #717
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

It's secret 'cos only I know what goes in it.

Actually, it's bullshit really, I just mix and match spices and stuff until it tastes nommy, make it tonight and it'll probably taste different again.....
Old 1st February 2011, 13:16   #718
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Good recipes usually do!
Old 1st February 2011, 17:40   #719
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
It's secret 'cos only I know what goes in it.

Actually, it's bullshit really, I just mix and match spices and stuff until it tastes nommy, make it tonight and it'll probably taste different again.....
It bugs me when I get something really perfect and then forget what I did to get it there.

Old 1st February 2011, 22:12   #720
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Tonight...not sure what you'd call it, some Chorizo sausage chopped up, peppers,onions, a random set of spices, all thrown into the pan and cooked up with a passata sauce and served on a bed of rice

Mrs Jones calls it a Chorizo Stew, but I don't think that's right myself, but very nommy...
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions