Old 31st October 2012, 14:59   #1
degenerate

Plugin to play "pieces" of songs?

This sounds very "wishlisty", so let me explain what I am looking for
  • I have a lot of songs, of different lengths
  • Playing on shuffle doesn't allow enough "variety" because the longer songs are 10x longer than others, but I still want to keep them in the playlist

Is there a plugin that will shuffle and play a song for an AVERAGE LENGTH OF TIME and then shuffle to the next song? Even better if it auto-crossfades or auto-detects the closest sounding parts of each song to mix with the previous and next.

I know what I am asking for is essentially an automatic DJ (haha) but I am genuinely interested in what plugins exist that can do this.

Searching for plugins gave me no good results
degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 16:56   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

I know of 1 plug-in that does some of what you want. It lets you select the number of seconds each song in a playlist plays and whether these sound clips fade out or not. It also lets you control the absolute or relative time that the next songs start playing from their normal starting point.

The progression through the playlist, straight or shuffle, would have to be controlled by the normal Winamp controls.

This is an old plug-in and would have to be installed in Administrator mode and setup while running Winamp in Administrator mode, otherwise Windows 7 will prevent the plug-in from writing it's configuration file to the restricted Winamp/Plugins folder. After setup, Winamp can be run normally.

http://users.telenet.be/cr25996/waplugs.htm

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 12:48   #3
degenerate

Hey that's pretty close to what I want :")

It sure is an old plugin, but it still works!
I will also try this soon...
http://www.winamp.com/plugin/dj-help...ion-2-51/23981
Old 5th November 2012, 07:39   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Please let us know about your experience with "DJ Helper". Include a brief description of the hardware you are using and which Windows OS.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 9th April 2013, 17:37   #5
degenerate

I used DJ Helper for a couple weeks and it didn't do what I wanted.

I was really hoping for a plugin that is intelligent enough to "sample" all songs in the playlist by grabbing certain pieces of songs and playing them -- while fading/crossfading into the next "piece" but there is nothing out there that does this.
Old 11th April 2013, 07:01   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by degenerate View Post
I used DJ Helper for a couple weeks and it didn't do what I wanted.
Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping for a little more info, e.g. does it functions match the description and if special handling is needed for Win 7. But since it disappointed you, I can understand you not wanting to go into the gory details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by degenerate View Post
I was really hoping for a plugin that is intelligent enough to "sample" all songs in the playlist by grabbing certain pieces of songs and playing them -- while fading/crossfading into the next "piece" but there is nothing out there that does this.
Yeah, some things we still have to do manually or create our own macros for controlling stuff. I could also use something like that for checking out new music. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I come across anything.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion