Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 26th April 2013, 00:26   #281
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
The problem will be that some parts of Winamp shows an image and some don't. Some users will not want to accept the fact that different parts of Winamp handle things differently due to the nature of Winamp's architecture (core + plug-ins).
aye, though in this case it's actually all going through the same code. it's only an issue because of how we loop through the frames of the ID3v2 tag and when we get to the end, we go back to the start which is the cause of the seemingly flip-flop behaviour with things. though i'd rather have an annoyed user who has it explained how and why they need to fix their tags vs masking issues so the bad tags persist.

is a tricky one really but at the moment the crash is resolved and we're at least consistent in our seeming inconsistency
Old 26th April 2013, 00:44   #282
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
is there any way winamp could report multiple APIC frames in a column? meaning, in the ML, could you have a column which had a number that would report the amount of APIC frames in the file?

this would be very useful for people trying to sort embeds from non-embeds, and also this issue so people could see how many embeds are actually in a file.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 26th April 2013, 21:08   #283
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
is there any way winamp could report multiple APIC frames in a column? meaning, in the ML, could you have a column which had a number that would report the amount of APIC frames in the file?
Mp3Tag is able to do that. I don't know how well it works when the cover frames are in error. I normally run my files thru MP3 Diags, before and after using Mp3Tag to add missing tag info. You could check your file with it (may need to enable the "cover" column).

By the way, the latest version released on 4-24 supports the Opus codec.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Old 26th April 2013, 21:20   #284
MrSinatra
Forum King

it'd be more useful to me in winamp, but having said that, how would one set it up in mp3tag?

also, i'm not sure what constitutes "in error" or not... but all I want is the number of APIC frames in the tag reported, which should work in all cases except those where the tag is so "bad" or malformed it can't be made sense of.

--
Old 26th April 2013, 22:12   #285
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
it'd be more useful to me in winamp, but having said that, how would one set it up in mp3tag?

also, i'm not sure what constitutes "in error" or not... but all I want is the number of APIC frames in the tag reported, which should work in all cases except those where the tag is so "bad" or malformed it can't be made sense of.
Simple, right click on any tag column heading on the right side and select "Customize columns...". Then find and the select the "Cover" column to make it visible.

Technically what would constitute a tag error would be a tag that is out-of-spec. But with so many different implementations and apps that intentionally work-a-round some things, that does not provide a definite answer.

I take the 'cop-out' approach. A tag error for me is what MP3 Diags says is a problem/issue that Winamp is not able to deal with. This practical 'solution' has worked for me so far.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 29th April 2013, 02:22   #286
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
@djpete1959

Please could you post/attach an InfoTool log so we can see what plugins/files are present (or not present, as the case may be).

My main suspects at the moment are winamp\jnetlib.dll and winamp\system\wasabi2.w5s
Hi,

Not having any problems. Waiting for alternate access to test Cloud features (I'm still resisting Facebook).

But what does "wasabi2.w5s" support? I don't have it in my configuration. I did a forums search and it is only mentioned in this thread.

Old 29th April 2013, 12:44   #287
DrO

wasabi2.w5s is just another internal component for internal services which is best thought off as the next iteration of the core of the Winamp3 wasabi service platform (this would be the second main revision of things in v5). only the cloud plug-in uses it currently (that i remember) which would likely explain why you've not got a copy of it. so basically it's just an implementation detail and not something to worry about.
Old 29th April 2013, 15:18   #288
ujay
Forum King

Hi Aminifu,

Waiting for alternate access to test Cloud features (I'm still resisting Facebook).

Unless you have issues with security then there is no real reason to be afraid of it.
I didn't want to get involved in the whole Facebook thing either and was a bit leary of signing up. Turns out though that you can lock the whole thing down so it never bothers you, and just serves to log on to the cloud.
I've been happy doing that.

UJ
Old 29th April 2013, 15:40   #289
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Before it kicks off into a massive OT debate, I think it may be an idea to move the "Facebook - the pros and cons of assimilation" into a new thread. There are many of us who just don't agree with the Ts and Cs of Facebook. The Cloud features for Winamp have been clearly stated that they will be accessible to those of use who don't live in the Facebook world.
Old 30th April 2013, 06:58   #290
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
wasabi2.w5s is just another internal component for internal services which is best thought off as the next iteration of the core of the Winamp3 wasabi service platform (this would be the second main revision of things in v5). only the cloud plug-in uses it currently (that i remember) which would likely explain why you've not got a copy of it. so basically it's just an implementation detail and not something to worry about.
Ok, I wont worry. I didn't think I needed it, since everything I'm using is working.

I only asked because DJ Egg's response I quoted (post #256) was to djpete1959's post, in which he said he did a clean install without the cloud.

Old 2nd May 2013, 06:31   #291
jph6t
Major Dude

Genre drop-down in the “File Info” window is NOT populating correctly for FLAC files

I just installed Winamp 5.7 Beta 5, build 3367

Language Pack: English
Skin: Big Bento
Locale: English US
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7700 @2 2.40 GHz 2.40 Ghz
Memory: 4GB RAM

v5.7 has the same issue as v5.63 as reported here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=348657

For FLAC files, the Genre drop-down in the "File Info" window is displaying whatever value was last written to a file (instead of pulling the value from the selected FLAC).
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:40   #292
DrO

i'd expect it to be the same as 5.63 as nothing further has been done towards the issue since my prior replies in the original thread (and at the moment i doubt anything will be able to be done about it in time for a proper 5.7 release).

[edit - May 4th]
replied at http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....39#post2931839 - unable to replicate the issue anymore though i suspect that the issue will still be present due to a weird memory corruption / caching issue going on.
Old 8th May 2013, 18:57   #293
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Winamp 5.7 Beta 6, build 3367 to 3381 changelog

- Added "Above Normal" priority mode in General Preferences

- Changed e.g. GiB to GB (to match OS & other players)

- Added a "Winamp Labs" view in the ML for Beta builds only (w.i.p.)

-- (currently always forced to the top, though this was added quickly yesterday and isn't set in stone)

- [ml_playlists/ml_cloud/ml_pmp] Cloud playlist support (w.i.p. - needs testing heavily)

- [cloud] Added a "Sign-In" (account) node in ML (w.i.p.)

- [cloud] Database optimizations (please wait for 'First Pull Completed' message before using Cloud features)

- [cloud/pmp] Added a basic 'Retry Mode' for failed/cancelled cloud transfers

- [ml_cloud/playlist.w5s] Generate a playlists.xml.backup file incase of any issues with playlists.xml

- [ml_local] Store the art db files in plugins\ml\art

- [ml_wire/ml_downloads] Store feeds.xml & rss.xml (and backup files) in plugins\ml\feeds

- [vis_milk2] Moved settings files to Plugins\Milkdrop2
-- (note that any already-existing settings are moved on first milkdrop run)

- Installer Changes
-- Fixed minimum version required message (from Win 2k to XP)
-- Install jnetlib.dll with all plugins that use nde.dll
-- Updated uninstaller to match all recent settings storage changes

- Fixed: Alt+3 Artwork crash with broken/corrupt embedded art

- Fixed: [ml_disc] Creation of 0 byte trk*.tmp files and associated crash on some systems
-- (waiting for confirmation of the crash fix & that it hasn't created any other issues)

- Fixed: [ml_local] Recently Modified not being auto-translated correctly

- Fixed: [ml_wire] convert spaces to %20 in badly formed feeds

- Fixed: [pmp_cloud] Plug-in name string

- Fixed: [vis_avs/dsp_sps] Added missing version info

- Fixed: Various crash fixes from crash reports

- Various other tweaks/fixes/optimizations

- Updated: [libFLAC] FLAC 1.3.0pre4

* Updated: [zlib.dll] zlib 1.2.8
Old 9th May 2013, 06:19   #294
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
Winamp 5.7 Open Beta #5 is now available.

Beta 4 Build 3364 to Beta 5 Build 3367 changelog

- Preserve location of Prefs dialog
Quote:
ps. I love having the pref windows remember location though!
could you also please do the same thing for alt+3 and ctrl+e dialogs?

--
Old 9th May 2013, 20:26   #295
Andre.Ziegler

Quote:

Winamp still crashes with the ml_disk issue for me.

Old 9th May 2013, 21:10   #296
DrO

Andre.Ziegler: can you provide a new set of crash dumps please as the changes made should have resolved the ml_disc issue against the crash in the prior dumps.
Old 10th May 2013, 09:06   #297
Andre.Ziegler

ok, check your PM for the latest dump.

I now get a wrong wait call crash:

code:
APPLICATION_VERIFIER_HANDLES_INCORRECT_WAIT_CALL (302)
Invalid parameters for WaitForMultipleObjects call.
This stop is generated if the function on the top of the stack called
WaitForMultipleObjects with NULL as the address of the array of handles
to wait for or with zero as the number of handles. A simple kb command
will reveal the function calling this API incorrectly.

Old 10th May 2013, 11:08   #298
DrO

what you've said in the 2 posts above and in the pm don't correspond. as i'm not seeing any indication that you're streaming despite the appverifier forcing a stop due to the issue above.
Old 10th May 2013, 11:20   #299
Andre.Ziegler

sure it correspond. I started Winamp, played a stream and after 15s Winamp crashed because of the wrong wait calls you do in your code.

Again, do what I told you, activate appverifer on your dev machine to get such hidden bugs.

Old 10th May 2013, 11:29   #300
DrO

there is no need to shout / have a go at me ok!

i am trying to help and fix something that most people who've worked on ml_disc have not cared about fixing. and i had already installed appverifer _before_ the rude post above was made.

you've put me right off wanting to help and get the issue fixed today, so back on the wait pile it goes. i am only human (not a robot as people seem to think) and was trying to fix the issue because i care about having Winamp work without crashing, but i'm not here to be shouted at for other people's poor coding!
Old 10th May 2013, 12:44   #301
dstudd

Quote:

Hi DJ Egg,

It would appear the dsp_dfx.dll bug has been fixed in this βeta 6 release. Thanks.
Old 10th May 2013, 13:58   #302
Andre.Ziegler

YOU started to be rude and told me that I post wrong things, NO ONE ELSE! The next time you talk so rude to me, I'll no longer help you.

Old 10th May 2013, 14:09   #303
DrO

i was not intentionally being rude, i was just questioning what you had posted and against what you had sent in the pm as they were not matching up (as the pm implied a stream crash but the dump is due to appverifier stopping things in ml_disc) with what i was seeing in the dump provided. i guess something was lost in translation along with my interpretation of the exclamation mark in the pm message *shrugs*
Old 10th May 2013, 14:29   #304
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstudd View Post
It would appear the dsp_dfx.dll bug has been fixed in this βeta 6 release. Thanks.
i've not done anything towards dfx crashes though maybe some of the memory fixes, etc have helped, but really don't know. though the plug-in popups up frequently in the crash reports from the betas due to trying to access a registry key and fails.
Old 11th May 2013, 00:21   #305
dstudd

Quote:
i've not done anything towards dfx crashes though maybe some of the memory fixes, etc have helped, but really don't know. though the plug-in popups up frequently in the crash reports from the betas due to trying to access a registry key and fails.
Hi DrO,

I did initially suspect it may have been a problem with DFX, however with the last couple of βeta releases the crashes became less frequent.
As you suggest it may only be some memory fixes, but it appears to have stopped a frequent & annoying crash. Cheers.
Old 11th May 2013, 00:52   #306
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre.Ziegler View Post
YOU started to be rude and told me that I post wrong things, NO ONE ELSE! The next time you talk so rude to me, I'll no longer help you.

Andre, I really don't think, (based on what I can actually see, in this instance), any rudeness or even exasperation was present or intended. I think you should relax a bit, it can be frustrating to solve these issues but in the end that is what everyone hopes to do. I would like to see you get your issues fixed, b/c I have seen other users in the forums have them. chances are DrO is doing this on his own time, as of course I know you are as well. just take a deep breath and keep plugging away at it, and I think we all will appreciate it.

--
Old 11th May 2013, 23:35   #307
dstudd

Hmmm, It looks like I spoke too soon. The DFX bug is still with us. Less frequently than previously, but still randomly crashing Winamp when you least expect it.
Old 12th May 2013, 09:23   #308
vicntc

I was recently directed here to try and solve an issue with Winamp not transferring all my album art. The beta I downloaded did help me clarify the location of the files but not the random transfer (hit and miss).

That said, it has crashed a few times and in each instance, the email to report the error has failed. Specifically...

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: winamp error feedback
Sent: 5/11/2013 7:58 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Nullsoft Bug Reporting' on 5/11/2013 7:58 PM
None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

I'd like to be submitting reports but something about these self-generated by Winamp emails doesn't want to play nice. Can somebody tell me what the Winamp address should be? Because right now they seem to be shooting blanks
Old 12th May 2013, 10:22   #309
Calico Jack

Is there a way to hide or remove the "Winamp Labs" from the visible side menu or even better make it optional on installation?
Old 12th May 2013, 14:22   #310
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicntc View Post
I'd like to be submitting reports but something about these self-generated by Winamp emails doesn't want to play nice. Can somebody tell me what the Winamp address should be? Because right now they seem to be shooting blanks
It's "bug@winamp.com". You could also attach the error report zip file to a post in this thread.

Old 12th May 2013, 16:33   #311
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
Is there a way to hide or remove the "Winamp Labs" from the visible side menu or even better make it optional on installation?
Quote:
- Added a "Winamp Labs" view in the ML for Beta builds only (w.i.p.)
-- (currently always forced to the top, though this was added quickly yesterday and isn't set in stone)
Beta Builds Only
Old 12th May 2013, 18:56   #312
vicntc

I verified the email address but no go. So, here is report #1

Winamp client version: 5.7 build 3367 Beta winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module ml_pmp.dll at 0023:07d73570.

Exception handler called in Winamp.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report1.zip (41.8 KB, 115 views)
Old 12th May 2013, 19:16   #313
vicntc

I have now updated to build 3381
Old 12th May 2013, 19:17   #314
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicntc View Post
Winamp client version: 5.7 build 3367 Beta winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module ml_pmp.dll at 0023:07d73570.
The beta has been updated to build 3381. Try that version to see if it fixes your problem.

Edit:
Sorry, vicntc. Your last post (#313) was not there when I started my post.

Old 12th May 2013, 19:27   #315
vicntc

Using Build 3381, trying to sync via WiFi. Connected HTC Raider (XT710a, Android v4.0.3 last official build, not rooted). Sync made it to 72% then seems to be hung at "Waiting"

Also tried to WiFi sync using HP Touchpad rooted, Android OS 4.1.2 Cynogen Mod.
Transfer started but seems stuck at "waiting"

What other information would you like?
Old 13th May 2013, 13:20   #316
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstudd View Post
Hmmm, It looks like I spoke too soon. The DFX bug is still with us. Less frequently than previously, but still randomly crashing Winamp when you least expect it.
did it generate a crash report? is more out of interest to see if it's the same issue i've been seeing in the crash reports. though really this is something DFX need to fix as it's out of our hands assuming they've not made updated versions which do fix it and you're just using an older version of their plug-in.
Old 13th May 2013, 13:26   #317
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
and to add to Juanus's reply, it's so we can eventually provide a more visible way to remind people using beta builds about updates and fixes - as there's too many people still using the first beta build (based on the crash reports still coming through) despite the updates since then.

how / what it'll end up being like i don't know and i know that some people are going to curse the option. if so then don't use the beta builds, but this node is better than the alternative which was internally suggested.

by deciding to install a beta build, it's fair i think to provide a visual indication that it is a beta / labs build and a way to keep that in people's minds to look for updates. if not liked, then once again, you don't have to install it and can just keep with the 'main' releases only as no one is forcing people to install the beta builds.

and if people don't like it, then you can bitch at me about it as it was driven by one of my suggestions so
Old 13th May 2013, 14:13   #318
dstudd

Quote:
did it generate a crash report? is more out of interest to see if it's the same issue i've been seeing in the crash reports. though really this is something DFX need to fix as it's out of our hands assuming they've not made updated versions which do fix it and you're just using an older version of their plug-in.
Hi DrO,

Yes it did generate a crash report (attached), which was emailed to 'winamp error feedback'.
I'm currently using DFX Audio Enhancer v11.109 (Latest Version), with Winamp v5.7.0.3381 ßeta 6.

I hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (68.7 KB, 117 views)
Old 13th May 2013, 14:18   #319
DrO

can you go to preferences -> plug-ins and check 'Disable SEH for DSP plug-ins (useful for plug-in developers)' and the next time it crashes, attach the report (the one you've attached is consistent with the ones i've been looking at). if that is already checked then is nothing else to do as all i can see is something is trying to update a value in the registry, but what i cannot determine from the stack dump.
Old 13th May 2013, 19:55   #320
molecular

Not sort in library.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	50504  
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion