Old 21st April 2002, 03:10   #1
MrMagick
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to MrMagick Send a message via AIM to MrMagick Send a message via Yahoo to MrMagick
Best friend got his heart broken tonight.

Some of you may remember me talk a little about this person. If not, his name is Rick, he's in his late 30's and we've known each other for 7 yrs. He loves this young man named Mike, who's only 19. They had been loving each other for nearly a year. Sharing everything together and making promises for later.
For some reason unknown, Mike decided he would use this weekend to get away. Rick was seeing his mother out of town and I checked up on his house for him. Last night, I was there from 4:30 to 8:30 pm. Everything seemed normal, all of their stuff was there. Mike's model cars were still sitting where they should be. I presumed everything else was still intact as well. Rick left early afternoon, so this is what I expected.
Today, I arrived at his home arround 12:30. At 1:00, Rick came home a day early. He was in a wonderfull mood. He had some new clothes and a few other gifts from his mom. He settled down for a few minutes, than went into his room to put the clothes away. I heared him say something and it didn't sound good. As you can figure out, Mike came home and gathered all his things to leave. He even stole some items meant for Rick's car. He also didn't leave a message of any kind nore house key.
I am only sharing this with you here because my friend can really use some support. I will print some of your replies for him to read. Thank you all for being good people and helping friends like me out. I hope you can find it easy to give my friend some help too.

-~MrMagick~-
MrMagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2002, 03:39   #2
BMWboy

Hang in there, things will start to get better, they always do. Try not to dwell on the past, hold your head up high, and look onward to the next day.
BMWboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2002, 04:15   #3
missyob
Angel of Winamp

I am really sorry to hear of such hurt in your friends heart. He did not expect this at all? It sounds like he needs to find his lover, and at least talk with him so he can have some closure and at least begin to heal.

My heart goes out to him.

~ Missy
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2002, 05:14   #4
MrMagick
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to MrMagick Send a message via AIM to MrMagick Send a message via Yahoo to MrMagick
No, he wasn't expecting this at all. I think I forgot to mention that Mike has been at his mothers for 2 weeks before this. Rick had even gone shopping to stock up for the whole month, planning for two people. I told him at least he wouldn't be going hungry for awile and that he would be saving money on his utilities as well. He is going to get the locks changed tomarrow so he won't have to worry about Mike returning while he is away from home. I hope that Rick's other friends, (the ones who are really big and like to beat people up just for fun) don't get ahold of Mike before they get a chance to talk. I also hope that Mike realises how big of a mistake he made by doing this. Rick is a very well known man in town and has alot of friends. I know that in the end, it will all turn out better for Rick. My task is to give him as much encouragement as I can. Thank you for your help in this matter. He will apreciate it also.

-~MrMagick~-
Old 21st April 2002, 06:16   #5
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
sorry to hear about this. its never esay to have this thing happen, espescially with no warning.

missyob made me post this.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2002, 08:40   #6
apollos
Forum King

Yes life can be a bitch. I mean after bad shit like that happens you find it difficult to trust people again...
apollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2002, 08:49   #7
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

That would make me very violent

he would not want to come back unless he had a deathwish

i feel sorry for the dude
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2002, 15:37   #8
GoldenSphynx
Forum King

Here tell him to read this...i had the same thing happen to me...but that was before the girl and i even started a relationship....i dont no y or how but im really getting over her(2 weeks later)...he will too
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....ars+for+nothin
GoldenSphynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2002, 20:09   #9
MrMagick
Major Dude

UPDATE

Rick currently got some information yesterday. Aparently, Mike's Dad is getting involved now. Mike was drinking too hard at his Mom's house and got alcohol poisoning. At the hospitol, he told his dad everything about him and Rick. Now his dad is sending Mike to a rehab and telling Rick to stop smoking weed and drinking or he won't let Mike move back in. Rick is complying of course. He still loves Mike. I don't blame him but I think his dad is getting over exited. Time will tell more I guess.

-~MrMagick~-
Old 22nd April 2002, 20:44   #10
Obedo
Banned

Location: State Hospital;They have me in this straightjacket & I have one hell of an itch...could you?..
Im soory to hear of this misfortune,and hope that in the future he'll look back at this as a learning experance. Hopefuly when he looks back he willbe able to smileand rember the good things out of the relationship
Obedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2002, 20:54   #11
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

I went through a situation when I was in college where I and my girlfriend were (I thought at the time) very deeply in love. Unfortunately, my girlfriend was pi-polar, and had a regular zoo of other mental stability problems. She also enjoyed smoking weed and drinking and generally living a self-destructive lifestyle. I found myself caught up in it. Before her, I was an occasional smoker and not a drinker at all. What's important here is not me, but that she asked me to lie to her parents for her about us and what we did (concerning smoking/drinking). This was, possibly, the worst choice I have ever made. Details aren't nessecary, but she was eventually expelled from school and had to attend rehab. And although she and I have since lost touch, I did try to keep up contact for awhile with her, and after several years, she still hadn't found anyone else special, nor had she changed her habits and poor choices. I can only blame myself so much for her life, but I do know that I made a mistake in thinking that lying for her was the right choice. If I had thought clearly enough then, I would have known that to truly show her my love would have been to get her the help I Knew she needed.

I hope Mike recovers in time to enjoy his youth, and that Rick can understand that he has to be strong if he intends to have Mike around for long. By strong I mean both "strong" in helping Mike to recover by being firm, and "strong" in showing him his love and compassion.

Peace,
-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions