Old 9th April 2021, 20:07   #41
Calvaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
I assume you want to use your own hoverimages, not Quinto's hover glow, otherwise you would have edited and compiled 11-hoverglow.m as described here.
That's right. As I said they are partially transparent, that's why I need them to replace the active image, not cover it.
Calvaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2021, 20:39   #42
Calvaria

Here's my basic play button. Hover and down images are the same white image with a different alpha, active image is the green one.
Attached Images

Old 9th April 2021, 20:41   #43
ariszlo
Major Dude

This is how you can do it with the Play button:

1. Add your hoverimage to the Play button if you haven't added it yet:

PHP Code:
<button
  x
="64" y="0"

id="mp.button.play.id"

image="mp.button.play"

downimage="mp.button.play.down"

hoverimage="my.play.hover"

action="PLAY"

tooltip="Play/Restart "
/> 
2. Comment out (or simply remove) the glow layer and the script tag calling 11-hoverglow.maki:

PHP Code:
<!--layer
  x
="64" y="0"

id="mp.button.play.glow.id"

image="mp.button.play.glow"

ghost="1"
/-->
<!--
script file="SCRIPTS\11-hoverglow.maki" param="mp.button.play.id/mp.button.play.glow.id"/--> 
3. Add the following script tag with a slashed parameter containing the button's id to the left of the slash and the status tag's id to the right of the slash:

PHP Code:
<script file="SCRIPTS/statuswidth.maki" param="mp.button.play.id/mp.button.play.active.id"/> 
4. Copy statuswidth.maki into the scripts folder.

Add your hoverimage to the Pause and Stop buttons, too. Comment out the glow layers and 11-hoverglow.maki tags that follow them. Add the script tag calling statuswidth.maki for each button with the necessary changes in param.

NOTE. The attached statuswidth.maki works with status images whose width is 60 pixels. If the width of your status images is other than 60 pixels then you will need to edit statuswidth.m and recompile it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip statuswidth.zip (2.2 KB, 144 views)

Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2021, 20:48   #44
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvaria View Post
Here's my basic play button. Hover and down images are the same white image with a different alpha, active image is the green one.
Are you saying that you only want two images for each button? The green one when the button is not pressed and the mouse pointer is not over it and a partially transparent one for hoverimage and downimage? Then it is MUCH simpler. You just remove the glow layers and the script tags calling 11-hoverglow.maki.

And also the status tags immediately following the button tags.

Old 9th April 2021, 21:38   #45
Calvaria

Quote:
Are you saying that you only want two images for each button? The green one when the button is not pressed and the mouse pointer is not over it and a partially transparent one for hoverimage and downimage?
No, I have four images: normal (no playback), hover (playback or no playback), down (playback or no playback) and active (playback on). The first three are the same image with a different alpha, making them three different images. The green one is for playback.
Old 10th April 2021, 10:42   #46
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
As I said they are partially transparent, that's why I need them to replace the active image, not cover it.
OK. I got it. Then this is how you do it.

1. Add your hoverimages to the Play, Pause and Stop buttons if you haven't added them yet.

2. Remove the status, layer and script tags immediately below the Play, Pause and Stop button tags so that you only have this between <!-- BUTTON "PLAY" - GLOW EFFECT --> and <!-- BUTTON "NEXT" - GLOW EFFECT -->:

PHP Code:
    <!-- BUTTON "PLAY" GLOW EFFECT -->
    <
button
        x
="64" y="0"

id="mp.button.play.id"

image="mp.button.play"

downimage="mp.button.play.down"

hoverimage="my.play.hover"

action="PLAY"

tooltip="Play/Restart "/> <!-- do not translate the tooltip -->
    <!-- 
BUTTON "PAUSE" GLOW EFFECT -->
    <
button
        x
="128" y="0"

id="mp.button.pause.id"

image="mp.button.pause"

downimage="mp.button.pause.down"

hoverimage="my.pause.hover"

action="PAUSE"

tooltip="Pause/Unpause "/>  <!-- do not translate the tooltip -->
    <!-- 
BUTTON "STOP" GLOW EFFECT -->
    <
button
        x
="192" y="0"

id="mp.button.stop.id"

image="mp.button.stop"

downimage="mp.button.stop.down"

hoverimage="my.stop.hover"

action="STOP"

tooltip="Stop "/> <!-- do not translate the tooltip -->
    <!-- 
BUTTON "NEXT" GLOW EFFECT --> 
3. Add this line before <!-- BUTTON "NEXT" - GLOW EFFECT -->:
PHP Code:
    <script file="SCRIPTS/pressedbuttons.maki"/> 
4. Read the attached pressedbuttons.m and, if necessary, edit the button id's inside the parentheses of the getObject functions and the image id's inside the parentheses of the setXmlParam functions.

5. Compile pressedbuttons.m and copy it into the scripts folder.
Attached Files
File Type: m pressedbuttons.m (2.5 KB, 151 views)

Old 10th April 2021, 22:57   #47
Calvaria

In the above approach, if I wanted to have pauseBitmap for the play button, would it be possible to keep the status tag with pauseBitmap (but without playBitmap) or must the whole status be removed?

Could you explain the difference between a basic (regular) play button (coded with image=) and a stopped play button (coded with stopBitmap=)? Can stopBitmap be used for the play button or it only makes sense to use it for the stop button?

Quote:
Since the status tag with the id "mp.button.play.active.id" only specifies playBitmap, it will only hide the Play button's image and downimage if playback is on.
I didn't understand this, could you explain what you mean?
Old 11th April 2021, 00:04   #48
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
Could you explain the difference between a basic (regular) play button (coded with image=) and a stopped play button (coded with stopBitmap=)?
The difference is that playBitmap, stopBitmap and pauseBitmap are not buttons at all. They are status images.

You keep saying that you want to replace one image with the other, not cover it. You cannot replace a button image (image, hoverimage, downimage) with a status image (playBitmap, stopBitmap, pauseBitmap), only cover it. So if it is replace what you want then you should forget about Quinto's status images covering the button images if in the appropriate status.

If replace is what you want, then you want this.

Old 11th April 2021, 07:31   #49
ariszlo
Major Dude

Status images display playback status (playing, paused, stopped). They are not buttons.

Here are three examples:
  1. Winamp Modern: ▶️ play symbol to the left of the timer
  2. Quinto: PAUSE text to the left of the timer
  3. Quinto: ⏸ pause symbol to the left of the timer (you need to go to Options > Quinto > Configuration > Playback Status to change the text to symbol)
Quinto also uses another set of status images to fake active buttons. But they are not buttons. They are covering the real buttons when playback is in the appropriate state. Without the ghost="1" parameter in the status tags, you could not even use the buttons below the status images. You would just click, click and nothing would happen. Ghost="1" allows you to click through objects that cover buttons.

Quote:
As I said they are partially transparent, that's why I need them to replace the active image, not cover it.
That's why you should remove the status, layer and script tags immediately below the Play, Pause and Stop button tags and use pressedbuttons.maki.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winamp_Modern_playBitmap.png
Views:	155
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	54752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Quint_Black_CT_pause_text.png
Views:	151
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	54753   Click image for larger version

Name:	Quint_Black_CT_pause_symbol.png
Views:	155
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	54754  

Old 11th April 2021, 12:52   #50
Calvaria

All right, that's why I couldn't see much difference between stopBitmap in the status of the play button and image="mp.button.play" (and was wondering why stopBitmap existed at all). You mentioned that PeterK did an unusual thing by using status for some buttons, but I didn't understand why it was unusual and was going to ask you about it, because it seemed logical for a button to have a status. Now you have explained it.

So Winamp Modern skin play button doesn't have a status tag, yet does have an active play button image because it's coded in a maki file? So what PeterK did with Quinto is he used status instead of maki, to make things simpler, yet have the same effect? Indeed, with non-transparent buttons it makes a lot of sense, you can have playBitmap and pauseBitmap state and maybe even playBitmap/pauseBitmap+hover/down states (if it's possible to make a suitable mix of non-transparent and partially transparent images).

Strange, though, that Winamp doesn't use "activeimage" for the active button state.
Old 11th April 2021, 19:43   #51
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
So Winamp Modern skin play button doesn't have a status tag, yet does have an active play button image because it's coded in a maki file?
No, Winamp Modern does it like Quinto. I just did not know that before you asked. You can check it out in Winamp Modern's player-normal-group.xml, player-elements.xml, player_buttons.png and player_buttons_status.png.

Thanks for asking. Now I know more about Winamp Modern.

Quote:
So what PeterK did with Quinto is he used status instead of maki, to make things simpler, yet have the same effect?
Now that I have looked into Winamp Modern's xmls, I would say no. His solution is based on Winamp Modern's with some modifications.

Quote:
Indeed, with non-transparent buttons it makes a lot of sense...
Yes, it does.

Quote:
Strange, though, that Winamp doesn't use "activeimage" for the active button state.
Interfaces evolve. Showing playback states on playback buttons is not an idea that automatically comes to mind. Playback status has been shown next to the timer since Winamp 1.0 and probably no developer thought it necessary to introduce a parameter to repeat that info on the playback buttons. Luckily, you can do a lot of things with xml's and maki.

Old 11th April 2021, 22:18   #52
Calvaria

Your pressedbuttons.maki works beautifully, thanks a lot!

Do you know if this function still works in Winamp
PHP Code:
action="reload_skin" 
I am tired of switching between skins to refresh my skin. I made a button with this skin (reassigned the lightning bolt) but it doesn't work.
Old 12th April 2021, 06:49   #53
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
Do you know if this function still works in Winamp
As a button action, it does not. It is listed under *** Broken Action (Winamp 5) *** in Wasabi Appendix: Action List.

As a hotkey, it does. Press F5 (or if you have an HP then Fn+F5) to reload the skin.

Old 12th April 2021, 16:48   #54
Calvaria

I changed PE_info timer according to your instructions and it works. I looks much better, though not perfect, because when the colon is next to 1, it seems like it's quite away, while when it's next to 0, it looks like it's too close. I modified font-timer.png a little by moving 1 two pixels closer to 0 and it looks better now, but still not ideal (the same issue is with some other digits), but I guess it has to do with internal workings of Winamp. I can live with that.

The bigger issue is whether it is possible to right-align this whole timer. When it was a single text, it was easy. What about now, can the whole thing be placed into a group and then the group be aligned or some similar approach?
Old 12th April 2021, 17:34   #55
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
when the colon is next to 1, it seems like it's quite away, while when it's next to 0, it looks like it's too close.
It is because Winamp divides the bitmap font image into equal-width boxes and if the digits are not of equal widths then the space between some digits will be wider than between others. If it bothers you then should make a bitmap font in which each digit is of the same width.

Quote:
The bigger issue is whether it is possible to right-align this whole timer. When it was a single text, it was easy. What about now, can the whole thing be placed into a group and then the group be aligned or some similar approach?
It cannot be done with a group because the invisible empty positions will still be there but it can be done with maki. I cannot do or explain it right now because I have some other things to do. May be in a couple of days or next week.

Old 12th April 2021, 23:00   #56
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
The bigger issue is whether it is possible to right-align this whole timer.
Now this is right-aligned. Please test it for any issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip playlistlengthchunks.zip (2.9 KB, 140 views)

Old 13th April 2021, 23:09   #57
ariszlo
Major Dude

playlistlengthchunks.maki

This seems like the final version of playlistlengthchunks.maki.

Fixed some alignment bugs in xml and cleaned up the maki. Replace the playlistlengthchunks.maki of the previous post with the one attached here.

To align the digits and colons properly, use the chunk widths, alignments and the distances between the digits as shown below:

PHP Code:
<text id="info.input" display="PE_Info" alpha="0" visible="0"/>
<
text id="firstchunk"

x="271" y="81" h="20" w="80" align="right"

font="bitmapfont.timer.id" text=""
/>
<
text id="firstcolon"

x="349" y="81" h="20" w="13" align="center"

/>
<
text id="secondchunk"

x="362" y="81" h="20" w="54" align="right"

/>
<
text id="secondcolon"

x="416" y="81" h="20" w="13" align="center"

/>
<
text id="thirdchunk"

x="429" y="81" h="20" w="54" align="right"

/>
<
script id="playlistlengthchunks" file="SCRIPTS/playlistlengthchunks.maki"/> 
The first chunk is wider than the second and third chunks to cater for playlists longer than 59:59:59.
Attached Files
File Type: zip playlistlengthchunks.zip (2.7 KB, 143 views)

Old 14th April 2021, 18:44   #58
Calvaria

Works great!
I tried to do the same for Songlength timer, changed all variables names in the maki file (see the attached file (I used your older version)) and modified main-player.xlm accordingly, but it doesn't work. It just displays the time without being affected by the changes made to the chunks' location.
Attached Files
File Type: m playlistlengthchunks2.m (2.4 KB, 141 views)
Old 14th April 2021, 19:44   #59
ariszlo
Major Dude

Songlength is slightly simpler because it does not have a slash and it displays song length in mm:ss (no hh). So you only need two chunks and one colon.

PHP Code:
<text id="tracklength.input" display="songlength" alpha="0" visible="0"/>
<
text id="chunk1"

x="331" y="102" h="20" w="80" align="right"

/>
<
text id="colon1"

x="411" y="102" h="20" w="13" align="center"

/>
<
text id="chunk2"

x="424" y="102" h="20" w="54" align="right"

/>
<
script id="tracklengthchunks" file="SCRIPTS/tracklengthchunks.maki"/> 
Attached Files
File Type: m tracklengthchunks.m (1.7 KB, 149 views)

Old 14th April 2021, 20:27   #60
Calvaria

Songlength is in group.mp.display. What should I put in Global Container: display? group.mp.display? or should I move songlength to group.mp.main (I'd rather not).
Old 14th April 2021, 21:53   #61
ariszlo
Major Dude

Use this instead. It has scriptGroup instead of mainnormal and thus works with any container, layout or group. The only thing that matters is that all the xml tags of this should be in the same group.

It is still not perfect because if you switch to a stream, it will still display the length of the last song played from the disk.
Attached Files
File Type: m tracklengthchunks.m (1.6 KB, 140 views)

Old 15th April 2021, 15:27   #62
Calvaria

Works great!
I'd like to assign dblclickaction="TRACKINFO" to most of the player except the lower part where the buttons are and disable the same area from being able to be dragged by mouse. I used dblclickaction="TRACKINFO" and move="0"or nograb="1" or nomousemove ="1" in
PHP Code:
    <group
        x
="0" y="0" w="496" h="114"

id="group.mp.display" /> 
and it didn't work. Then I used dblclickaction="TRACKINFO" in the first timer – still didn't work. What am I doing wrong?
Old 15th April 2021, 16:31   #63
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
What am I doing wrong?
No idea without seeing your xml file.

Old 15th April 2021, 16:32   #64
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
It is still not perfect because if you switch to a stream, it will still display the length of the last song played from the disk.
This fixes it by hiding songlength for streams.
Attached Files
File Type: m tracklengthchunks.m (1.8 KB, 142 views)

Old 15th April 2021, 19:42   #65
Calvaria

My main-player.xml is essentially the same as the original Quinto's. My question is somewhat more general: whether dblclickaction (and move, nograb, nomousemove) may be assigned to a whole group or must it be assigned only to smaller objects like <text, <songticker, <layer. And does the relative position of a group (or any such object) affect this (that is if there are other objects on top of this group, then use ghost to be able to click through to the underlying level). And which of the three controls the dragging of the player.
Old 15th April 2021, 20:17   #66
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
My main-player.xml is essentially the same as the original Quinto's. My question is somewhat more general: whether dblclickaction (and move, nograb, nomousemove) may be assigned to a whole group or must it be assigned only to smaller objects like <text, <songticker, <layer.
Only to smaller groups.

Quote:
And does the relative position of a group (or any such object) affect this (that is if there are other objects on top of this group, then use ghost to be able to click through to the underlying level).
Yes, it does.

Quote:
And which of the three controls the dragging of the player.
You can drag the player by keeping the left button down on an area which is neither a button, nor any other object that reacts to a pressed button.

Old 15th April 2021, 20:21   #67
Calvaria

Quote:
You can drag the player by keeping the left button down on an area which is neither a button, nor any other object that reacts to a pressed button.
I want the opposite: I want to disable all areas of the player from being able to drag the player, except maybe for a small designated area.
Old 16th April 2021, 14:29   #68
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
I want to disable all areas of the player from being able to drag the player, except maybe for a small designated area.
If you are using a Classic skin, you can do that by unchecking EasyMove in Options. With Modern skins, it does not work.

Old 17th April 2021, 14:56   #69
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
I want to disable all areas of the player from being able to drag the player, except maybe for a small designated area.
There is no standard solution for that but you can always cheat.

Does this ring the bell?
Quote:
Warning! The cheat presented here may break Quinto, so make a backup before proceeding.

The Cheat

Let's say you want to disable dragging the main window at its right cheek. You can do that by opening main-player.xml and turning this layer into an idle button:

PHP Code:
    <layer
        x
="574" y="10"

id="mp.side.panel.width.standard.right.id"

image="mp.side.panel.width.standard.darkbrown.right"/> 
All you need to do is change the word layer to button.

How such changes can break Quinto (or any other skin)?

E.g. if there is a maki which tries to find the layer with the id "mp.side.panel.width.standard.right.id" then it will not find it and will pop up a null object called error message which may or may not crash Winamp.

So you should look through Quinto's makis whether any of them calls "mp.side.panel.width.standard.right.id".

Always make a backup before turning a layer into a button.

PS. I don't advise turning the layers into buttons.

Last edited by ariszlo; 17th April 2021 at 16:42.
Old 24th April 2021, 19:08   #70
Calvaria

To disable dragging I made a layer and gave it nomousemove ="1", seems to work. This layer is over the area where I don't need to click through, so that's just perfect for me.

You raised an interesting question: what breaking a skin involves. Cos I had many times this evil-looking pop-up saying that a maki can't find this or that. A few times I mistakenly deleted /> endings which made Winamp crash. But each time after I corrected the mistake, the skin was fine. But once I don't remember what I did, but there was a problem and when I reversed the change Quinto still failed to work. I had to start all over with the skin. So does it mean that maki files write something somewhere and save the changes and these changes make it impossible for this maki to work correctly next time so this maki can't reverse these changes?
Old 24th April 2021, 20:35   #71
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
To disable dragging I made a layer and gave it nomousemove ="1", seems to work.
That's much better than the cheat I suggested.

Quote:
So does it mean that maki files write something somewhere and save the changes and these changes make it impossible for this maki to work correctly next time so this maki can't reverse these changes?
More likely, it is trying to find an object (a tag or a parameter) that you deleted while editing the skin.

Old 24th April 2021, 21:00   #72
Calvaria

Quote:
More likely, it is trying to find an object (a tag or a parameter) that you deleted while editing the skin.
The thing is I undid the changes but the skin didn't restore.
Old 24th April 2021, 21:23   #73
ariszlo
Major Dude

If you really undid all changes then deleting AppData\Roaming\Winamp\studio.xnf will reset all skins to the default settings and Quinto will work again.

Old 24th April 2021, 21:31   #74
Calvaria

I will take note. What's the purpose of studio.xnf? I mean there is a whole lot of skin files covering every aspect of the skin, why yet another file?
Old 24th April 2021, 23:01   #75
ariszlo
Major Dude

It stores info about the sizes and positions of windows, which windows were open or closed, etc. If you look into it, you will see. It is not specific to a single skin. It stores info about all installed skins (even after they are removed).

Old 18th June 2021, 12:34   #76
Calvaria

I have been modifying PE and ML and came across a problem with PE: I cannot change the color of PE's scrollbar and slider and cannot get rid of a black border on the left side of PE (probably on the right side too, merging with the scrollbar). See the attached file. The thin dark-blue line (leftmost) is the border of the ML, the way I want it to be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	72
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	54796  
Old 18th June 2021, 17:37   #77
ariszlo
Major Dude

What is the value of wasabi.window.background in your system-colors.xml?

Old 18th June 2021, 20:05   #78
Calvaria

004e98
Old 19th June 2021, 06:05   #79
ariszlo
Major Dude

Then it is not that. Another guess of mine is that it might be the color of some area in your modified window-frame.png.

Old 19th June 2021, 14:58   #80
Calvaria

Three things are 99% certain (I checked): 1) it's not affected by any png 2) it's not affected by a gammagroup 3) it's not affected by any EXISTING setting in system-colors.xml.
I added
PHP Code:
wasabi.scrollbar.foreground
wasabi
.scrollbar.background
wasabi
.scrollbar.foreground.inverted
wasabi
.scrollbar.background.inverted 
to system-colors.xml.and it took care of ML scrollbar, but not PE scrollbar.
So I think something must be added to system-colors.xml (or else some maki must be modified?).
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins