Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th April 2014, 18:26   #1
DJ_The_SP

Recent playlist will not save on W8/W8.1

Ever since my migration to Windows 8.1 I have a problem that got me mind boggling and i just can not seem to solve.

I did a clean installation of Windows 8.1 a few months ago.
Then I installed all my apps and manually migrated settings of all the software i use (from a Windows 7 image) . I also did this for Winamp .
Everything works 100% since the installation, but when using Winamp the ' current' playlist which the program automatically creates sporadically will not save!
After opening a random number of times, the playlist disappeared spontaneously thus winamp was started with an empty playlist.
This means i can load my recursive playlist each time i start Winamp (very frustrating with 50K + mp3's).
I can not think of any software that is installed on my PC which could affect this situation (I don't use a separate antivir. Just Windows Defender).

What I've done so far:
- Uninstalled Winamp. Removed the settings folder. Reinstalled Winamp.
- No additional plugins / addons or whatever installed for winamp .
- Double checked and forced (unchecked) the read-only flag on the winamp user data folder (to make sure the playlist can be saved/written).
- Checked my winamp (program + user data) folders to see if there are any weird NTFS rights in there
- Tried the 'Take ownership' script posted on Windows 8 forums to take ownership of all my winamp folders.
- Disable the Winamp agent.
None of the above helped!

The settings folder is in the following location : C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\
The current playlist is (automatically) saved as : Winamp.m3u and Winamp.m3u8

Does anyone here have any idea how I can fix this problem?
DJ_The_SP is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
playlist, windows 8, windows 8.1