Old 5th August 2012, 19:28   #1
sam9s

Running the entire SHOUTcast package on headless Linux

HI People,

This would be my first post on this, kindly excuse the noob query. Ok I was successfully able to install SHOUTcast server on my windows machine, and was able to broadcast as well using winamp DSP plugin.

Now I have a Linux NAS server running (Headless - so there is no OS as such). I am keen on running the entire SHOUTcast broadcasting from it. A brisk searching tells me that though SHOUTcast server is available for LINUX as TAR.gz file. (though I still have to get it working), there is no winamp and winamp DSP plugin for Linux.

This means though SHOUTcast server can be installed on the LINUX server, how am I suppose to broadcast as there is no winamp and winamp DSP plugin for Linux.

When I say not available for linux I mean for headless linux. If I manage to run the SOUTcast server on my NAS linux machine, can people suggest here how to broad cast via linux itself. Basically an alternative for winamp and DSP on linux machine.

Thanks in advance
Looking forward for a prompt resolution
Regards
Sammy
sam9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 04:57   #2
sam9s

Any help guys on this. ???
Old 6th August 2012, 05:07   #3
jaromanda
Forum King

broadcast using sc_trans for linux

by the way ... headless does not mean "no operating system"... you DO have an OS, it's called linux

and ... have patience on a weekend in this forum

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 12:42   #4
sam9s

^^ Yes I know I have an operation system, obviously. Maybe the figure of speech was wrong. BTW I have Unraid as my OS to be precise.

ok... any pointers as to how to configure sc_trans for linux to broadcase. I mean a tut or a thread for a step by step ....

Thanks for the response .....

Regards
Sammy
Old 6th August 2012, 15:18   #5
DrO

that would be looking at the docs shipped with sc_trans or at http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Broadcaster or looking at the example config files. sc_trans is not a pretty thing to setup but you really need to give it a go before posting "it doesn't work" as it at least gives people an idea of your level for when trying to give help.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support