Old 7th February 2013, 21:53   #1
Virgorising

Desperate to find my Winamp skin in my Xp Drive!!!

I found this forum and joined in hopes someome might be able to help me with this pathetic (tho not to me), nit picking issue.

I just installed W7 on my backup drive....tho I resented it. lol

Still running XP Pro on my other drive and plan to until they stop supporting it.

The skin I chose long ago for my XP drive Winamp.....tho others hate it, is the only one I adore.

The interface has no identifying data at all! I spent a bazillion hours looking for this skin so I can install it in my W7 Winamp.....and can not find it!!!

I made screenie of the skin....and will now try to upload it. If anyone out there can help me find this skin....I will be eternally grateful!!!! I am very picky little human, and I need this skin and no other.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...inampskin.jpg/
Thanks so much for any help anyone can give...I know everyone hates it, but I LUV IT.
Virgorising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 22:10   #2
DrO

that's the 'Winamp Modern' skin shipped with Winamp already with one of the additional colour themes applied to it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 23:08   #3
Virgorising

Hey, Daz!

One of the things I like about it is it is hugely configurable......so yes, I did the green. I also luv the rounded edges and that is is not special effect, glutted up cool. But I can not find it to download it to my Winamp in my W7 drive!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS MY PROBLEM!!!!! Where is it so I can download it to my W7 drive????????
Old 7th February 2013, 23:12   #4
DrO

it's in the Winamp installer and has been for over a decade - just select 'Winamp Modern' in the skins menu. or if you cannot find it, re-install Winamp or just copy the Winamp\Skins\Winamp Modern folder on your other install to the new one.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 23:36   #5
Virgorising

Hey, daz....

K...I got my brain back and think I have it now! Cept I am in my XP drive.....just updated my Winamp there and right skin installed! Now, I will boot nto my W7 drive and get this done!
Soooo many thanks.....OMG, the time I wasted looking thru infinite skins!

xxoo

PS....If I mess up, I will return, lol
Edit/UPDATE!

Yay!!!!!! Now back in my W7 drive.....I hadda uninstall my current Winamp and get new copy....but now that I knew what and where the only skin I like is.....and remembered the color from all those available in drop down menu....she installed right off with my beloved interace/skin!!!!!

I am very grateful....thanks soooo much!!!

Solved! I am soooo happy I found this forum!!!!!!!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support