Old 19th August 2002, 12:24   #1
Kobebryant888

When will the next winamp3 version be released ?

do you know when will the next winamp3 version be released ?

Old 19th August 2002, 12:29   #2
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

When it's ready.
Old 19th August 2002, 16:24   #3
Oni-Dracula

"when its ready" ahh gotta love that.

In other words, you still havent figured out how to fix some of the bugs and cant tell how long it will take to fix them. Also I'll be those bastards at AOL gave you a deadline (or will if they already haven't)
Old 19th August 2002, 19:14   #4
Jacobl

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
When it's ready.
Wow... that answer was so demeaning and stupid it's shocking. I wonder why people like you are actually paid to do customer service.

Old 19th August 2002, 19:25   #5
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
I don't see the problem here... It'll be out when the developers feel it's ready and not when users want it. I'm not sure even they know the deadline.
Old 19th August 2002, 19:28   #6
Jacobl

The problem is that the answer "When it's ready" is obvious and implies that the person posing the question wasn't smart enough to be able to think of it themselves.

A more polite and appropriate answer would be "Right now there is no specific scheduled date. We will have more information later"

That would be "Good" customer service
Old 19th August 2002, 20:26   #7
bluesman81

Hasn't Sawg or Nullsoft for that matter come up with a program to automatically reply with a 100% politically correct and gramatically correct answer to the hundreds of repetative threads like this one that come up weekly? Giving the moderators more time to answer true tech support questions. Now that's tech I'd like to see. ;-) (Actually I'm serious, that would be cool, not a flame)
Old 19th August 2002, 20:29   #8
Jacobl

I agree... repetative posts are a problem.

But being polite to customers is still important. Most of the rude answers I've seen would take as long to write as a polite one. I don't think it's a matter of political correctness.. just simple human courtesy.
Old 20th August 2002, 04:07   #9
JericoDW

Send a message via AIM to JericoDW
Customer Service is important, indeed, but if you take a look at the boards, you'll see that Winamp3 is hurting badly. I would be surprised if they even have a complete list of bugs to focus on for the next release, let alone a release schedule that will accomodate everyone who downloaded Winamp3.
The good thing is they still support Winamp2.
But really, I think it's important to remember that Winamp 2 and 3 are *free*. It's not ad-ware, nag-ware, etc... It's the best thing that ever happened to digital music. And it probably runs on a whole lot of computers. I think they should get some credit for that.
I downloaded Winamp3, and I don't think it's worth using(yet), so I'll stick with Winamp2. But until then, I have no right to be demanding on Winamp3. It would be a whole different story if I was paying out cash for it.

As for the next release:
1) Rest assured that the next release will come out as soon as possible... You won't miss it because it'll be plastered up on www.winamp.com.
2) Asking when it will be released won't speed it up at all.
3) Most questions have been asked and answered in the forums. It would be a courtesy to the people who support the forums if we took the time to get the answer from one of the other 346 posts rather than creating #347.

Just my opion...
:-)
Old 23rd August 2002, 21:12   #10
kulde

Send a message via ICQ to kulde
Funny to see people actually become anooyed over answers like "when it's ready."

I agree that customer support is important, but damn .. let's face it. We haven't actually paid for the product, have we?

or was that just me ..?

Come on - it will be out when it's out. Im sure they will keep us posted.
- Give it a rest.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Technical Support