Old 22nd May 2003, 03:44   #1
icewind43

Does anybody still care?

I used to read these forums pretty religiously and there always seemed to be a lot going on. Always could count on tons of buzz about upcoming new releases or witty quotes from the Nullsoft boys.

But then they released WA3, and it was not good. Then there was this whole fiasco going back to Winamp 2 and WA3 went undercover. So basically after waiting for more then 2 years for WA3, they throw it out the door and a few months later pull it back and say 'ha ha, just kidding'. I know that's the point where I gave up on them.

Now it seems like the forums are slowly dying, team Nullsoft no longer bothers to post much of anything, and it seems like nobody cares anymore. I mean, *1* new post in Winamp discussion in an entire day (and it was about that stupid about box...)? There hasn't been a day in the last 3 years where posts were this sparse.
Old 22nd May 2003, 04:38   #2
duh
Banned

Send a message via AIM to duh Send a message via Yahoo to duh
/me is just chewing the fat
Old 22nd May 2003, 15:25   #3
matt2kjones
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to matt2kjones Send a message via AIM to matt2kjones
if you give up on nullsoft just because winamp 3 was not to ur liking then i think thats seriously sad and pathetic

their software is free for god sake, and the way wa3 was flamed was unbelievable, u swear it didn't even play music or something.

They are still developing version 2, probably because people didn't like winamp 3

they will probably improve winamp 3 in the future

to be honist i dont see whats so bad about winamp 3

TDD House & Trance Radio:
[ 64k Stream | Visit Site ]
Old 23rd May 2003, 05:56   #4
bluesman81

Upon reading his comment it seems that he is not actually ripping on the state of the winamps but more reflecting on the recent lack of new activities in these forums. And yes, I've noticed it too. I'm not sure that it has to do with people not caring though.
Old 23rd May 2003, 09:19   #5
Russ
Mostly Harmless
(Alumni)

In the forums? Well, Nullsoft are posting no less than they were before (which wasn't very much - they do actually do work as opposed to posting here all day). Winamp3 is going away, it's not being just chucked in the bin - Winamp3 technology will be included in the next version of Winamp, and Winamp3 should be available for Linux shortly.

So, as for nobody posting in this forum, well, as far as I'm concerned that's less people complaining, which means more time free for me to actually do something productive .

For long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide, and balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave.
|Musicbrainz|Audioscrobbler|last.fm|
Old 23rd May 2003, 19:38   #6
nothin2g

Location: Zeil, wo der Wein wächst und gesoffen wird wie Wasser ;) Ohweeeehhhh... Posts: overflowed
but wa3 for win32 will not completely go away, won't it?
Old 23rd May 2003, 19:40   #7
Russ
Mostly Harmless
(Alumni)

Certainly not - it'll be there for people who want to use it .

For long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide, and balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave.
Old 23rd May 2003, 23:38   #8
nothin2g

Location: Zeil, wo der Wein wächst und gesoffen wird wie Wasser ;) Ohweeeehhhh... Posts: overflowed
i meant that -> internals by brennan, right?
Old 24th May 2003, 15:53   #9
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Yeah, I've been wondering about that too.

Will winamp3 still be developed as a seperate product, will we have interns/updates anymore? Or will the hybrid version take over both product lines?
Old 24th May 2003, 15:56   #10
Russ
Mostly Harmless
(Alumni)

Winamp3 internals will still be available - they've slowed down a bit now because all the linux porting needs to be done before 499 is released.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion