Old 18th December 2003, 00:01   #1
AndrewMackowski

File Menus in "Modern Skin"

Sorry if this has been asked earlier, but I couldn't find any threads on this doing a search. In the "Modern" skin, I notice that Winamp now has file menus, like normal Windows programs, and they're really useful. However, these menus look slightly different than the Windows ones, and they are affected by color themes, which a Windows menu bar is not. In the XML files, the only reference I see to any sort of menu is just a call to a script. Does anyone know where to find the source of the menu scripts? Are these menus a new Winamp 5 element, or are they just layers etc. that try to mimic a Windows menu?

Also, on an unrelated note, and this is probably obvious to most of you, but where can I get the new MAKI compiler and Library for WA5? (ie. I want to know what the changed functions are)
AndrewMackowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2003, 13:07   #2
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Check the "window_menus.xml" file in the standardframe folder of the default modern skin, it's a new element with new syntax, but not hard to decipher. I've managed to make it work in a skin I'm coding now without much difficulty. The scripts you see in reference to the menus only make the shortcut keys associated with them work. They are not affected by color themes.
rpeterclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins