Old 1st September 2003, 17:49   #1
*F-Body Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to *F-Body Fanatic
Anyone into car audio?!

Just wondering
I'm a big car audio fanatic myself... Just lookin' if there was anyone else out there like mahself!

F-Body
*F-Body Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2003, 18:23   #2
MetallichicA
Forum Queen

Send a message via AIM to MetallichicA
I'm not a car audio fanatic, but I will be installing an amp/sub/cap later today, maybe you can give me some tips Welcome to the forum
MetallichicA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2003, 18:30   #3
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

I'm more into home audio, the bigger the subwoofer, the better!

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2003, 19:19   #4
Shenlong
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Shenlong Send a message via Yahoo to Shenlong
Car audio? Sure, I wanna get the best out of every chord hit when I listen to rock music in my car, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'm into it as much as , say, building up an engine. When it comes to cars, I'm into performance (Acceleration and handeling) and being an enthusiast more...

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

I forgot his name though...
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2003, 19:40   #5
Cheezychops
Major Dude

Yes (but on a budget), my system consists of:

Clarion DB625MP CD/wma/mp3 player
Boss crossover
SoundStorm F100.4
SoundStorm F700.2
2 - Pioneer 3-way 6.5"
2 - Pioneer 3-way 6x8"
2 - Reactor RW10 Subwoofers in a sealed enclosure

and all the wiring ofcourse
Cheezychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2003, 21:06   #6
*F-Body Fanatic

Re: Anyone into car audio?!

Quote:
Originally posted by *F-Body Fanatic
Just wondering
I'm a big car audio fanatic myself... Just lookin' if there was anyone else out there like mahself!

F-Body
Hey thanx for the welcome

If ya do need any help... yell out to me, or check out the link in my sig!!
Old 1st September 2003, 21:10   #7
*F-Body Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Shenlong
Car audio? Sure, I wanna get the best out of every chord hit when I listen to rock music in my car, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'm into it as much as , say, building up an engine. When it comes to cars, I'm into performance (Acceleration and handeling) and being an enthusiast more...
I'm into both of the above!! I have a car I'm working on right now, '91 Firebird. I'm not into the drag strips right now though. Hopefully I'll be getting a 2002 t/a ws6 in the future for my daily driver and I can turn the Bird into a full drag car As far as audio goes, I'm working on getting my MECP certification so I can install car audio professionally. Maybe one of these days I'll have a system I can enter the dB drag with... I got my eye on 2 12" RE XXX's.

F-Body
Old 1st September 2003, 22:43   #8
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by MetallichicA
I'm not a car audio fanatic, but I will be installing an amp/sub/cap later today, maybe you can give me some tips Welcome to the forum
I take it your gonna fit the amp and Cap and sub in your Boot (trunk) ? my advice would be to get a second battery And fit that into your trunk space as well. charge via heavy Duty Cables form your main system ( Maybe advice of an Alternator upgrade as well! Can be very ImportanT!!) feed your 'cap' from this and then your Amp.
reason? Saves on Power Drains on your Main 'Starter Battery' and Also means that it (The main V=Battery) can't be dischareged to a point where you would need a tow or Jump Start.
time after time I have been called out to correct this problem...(I charge heavily for it as well) So take it into account when fitting this kind of equipment ..it is essential so as not to 'Overload' your standard exsisting wiring system.
Same advice go's to cheesychops allthough I don't see you mention a cap (helps a for a smooth power flow to your amp)I allways < and I maen Allways fit an extra battery Per AMP! Then I know ther is not going to be a problem.

BTW hello and welcome to winamp......btw It's my job or part of it any way

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2003, 01:23   #9
*F-Body Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Smeggle
I take it your gonna fit the amp and Cap and sub in your Boot (trunk) ? my advice would be to get a second battery And fit that into your trunk space as well. charge via heavy Duty Cables form your main system ( Maybe advice of an Alternator upgrade as well! Can be very ImportanT!!) feed your 'cap' from this and then your Amp.
reason? Saves on Power Drains on your Main 'Starter Battery' and Also means that it (The main V=Battery) can't be dischareged to a point where you would need a tow or Jump Start.
time after time I have been called out to correct this problem...(I charge heavily for it as well) So take it into account when fitting this kind of equipment ..it is essential so as not to 'Overload' your standard exsisting wiring system.
Same advice go's to cheesychops allthough I don't see you mention a cap (helps a for a smooth power flow to your amp)I allways < and I maen Allways fit an extra battery Per AMP! Then I know ther is not going to be a problem.

BTW hello and welcome to winamp......btw It's my job or part of it any way
What are you running though? If it's nothing TOO stressful, you won't need an extra battery in the back, IMO.
I suggest, the Big-3, Altenator upgrade, battery upgrade, then a cap. Cap's only useful in an SPL contest to put less strain on your alt/battery drain on the super low notes that pull extra power. You will see a HUGE improvment by just doing the Big 3. But always upgrade the altenator before the battery. The altenator "recharges" the battery. So if you get a bigger battery, eventually it's gonna drain down, and if the altenator is still the same, you'll be back to square one. With a higher Amp altenator, it will be able to replace the "juice" in your battery faster = more power to mess with.

And thanx for the invite!!

F-Body
Old 2nd September 2003, 01:38   #10
anubis2003
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to anubis2003
I want to put some money into my car, but my parents don't want me to - they say that it's defacing the car. They will be giving me the title, though, at the end of this year or next year, so I'll be getting a sweet system then.
anubis2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2003, 03:27   #11
laz
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to laz
I installed a CD player into my car..... ay? Well... I prefer Quality (of sound) over quanity (loud as hell systesm).
And I have no money, so I have stock everything on my car... but a new head unit...
laz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2003, 08:23   #12
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

if you prefer quality sound over quanitity get a clarion deck. high s2n reduction levels but low rms per dollar.
i gots me a new pioneer deck that plays all my mp3's hehehehehehehe.

i have factory speakers though but they arent that bad. i need to get something that improves radio reception. any ideas?

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2003, 09:19   #13
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Friend of mine's Jeep Cheerokee... It’s the 2002 MECA SQL (Mobile Electronics Competition Association - Sound Quality League) Stock Class League (translation: National) champion and WV champion, and quickly becoming the same for 2003. When he's done with the jeep, it will have:

2x Crystal Mobilesound CSc 610 T/S component sets
1x Crystal Mobilesound CAM 300.2
1x Crystal Mobilesound CSe 10.4 (10” 4 Ohm)
connected into the factory system via a Navone Engineering N-774V Line Output Converter.

He can already hit bass as low as 18 Hz, and once he gets the other stuff, he'll be able to hit lower.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2003, 13:25   #14
taylormemer
made his slipknot mask in woodwork class
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to taylormemer Send a message via AIM to taylormemer Send a message via Yahoo to taylormemer
Well im not really into car audio, im more ito home audio. Same with my dad. The way put it is that you spend more of you time at home so spend most of your money on things to make it better. Thus a good stereo.

My home audio system.....well really my dads and mine.
AR Speaker blocks.
2 blocks 80cm high x 40cm wide x 30cm deep.
Solid chipboard wood.

On each block: Two 8" woofers. Kevlar material.
One 8" Midrange. Poly cone.
One 2" tweeter.
Two EQ, with 28 channels on each. Meaning 32 to 18,000 htz.
14+/- db for each channel.
400W Amp peak.

Output in db. 134db. Makes this shake.......ALOT.
Tape deck with ajusable parametric EQ, 12+/-db for frequencies 20 to 150htz, 12+/- db frequencies 150 to 900htzd 12+/- db frequencies 900 to 20,000 htz.

We also have 2 300W papercone subwoofers out in the shed. We plan to do something with those later.

I have seen some very nice setup cars. It seems to be a big thing here.

DeviantART|¤¤|DS-Lair|¤¤|Dissectional|¤¤|Pearl Drums|¤¤|Viralsound|¤¤|PabUK
Hey you! Don't tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall.My PLAYLIST

MSN: taylor.jake@hotmail.com
taylormemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2003, 14:56   #15
WomanOfHeart
Major Dudette

I'm not into car audio so much as home audio. I've seen some nice car audio set-ups, though. Quite a few of the students at my university are into car audio. One has a set-up so loud that you can hear him before he even gets to the parking lot! Then again, there's another student who owns a piece of shit VW Rabbit. The only nice thing about her car is the stereo system. It's a shame because she spent more on the system than she did the car, and it shows. What makes it worse is that she really thinks she's cool. I hate to admit it, but I'm one of the people that just laughs every time she pulls into the parking lot.

WomanOfHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2003, 16:13   #16
*F-Body Fanatic

Back in the day I had an '88 Dodge Aries with a system in it. My parents gave me the car, and wouldn't approve of me getting a newer car, so I just did the best with car audio in it as I could.

If you're lookin' for a good SQ deck, I'd suggest either Alpine or Eclipse. IMO, they're the best decks you can get on a limited budget.

My current set up isn't that loud at all... I have the advantage of having the subs pumping right into my cabin since I have a hatchback though, so it seems a lot louder than it really is.
I'm hoping in the somewhere near future to re-vamp my system and get 1 or 2 12" XXX - 1600w RMS I'd like to get into the dB Drags.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions