Old 20th November 2000, 04:03   #1
magnezium

Ok, I've looked for a similar problem in all the forums over the last week and I can't find any similar post. My visualisation can only run in windowed mode. If I try to make it go fullscreen it'll minimize winamp, show a black screen and then freezes, forcing me to restart. I have tried different plugins (Geiss, Punkie 1.2, G Force, AVS) and with all of them I have the same problem. Any ideas? I'm using winamp 2.7 with directx 8. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. =]
Old 20th November 2000, 04:51   #2
Someonebutnotme

Did this happen before you installed DirectX 8? I've heard a lot of complaints about it, so thats why I'm asking.
Old 20th November 2000, 15:22   #3
magnezium

Yup, it happened with my DirectX 7 too. In fact I only installed ver 8 because I thought it just might solve the problem... but it didn't...
Old 27th November 2000, 03:34   #4
magnezium

well... it's been a week and i haven't got any other replies... anyone else please help... pleaze...
Old 1st December 2000, 13:11   #5
snoclow

The only thing I can't get full screen is AVS. I get an error message "go to settings/full screen in the editor window...select video mode". I look around but there are no menus or configuration settings for AVS. Where are these vidioe settings it mentions?

Also, some visulizations work some don't, some I have to reboot the computer to get my screen back. Whatever. I just delete those.

Running DX8, winamp 2.7, Voodoo3, AMD400, Win98.
Old 1st December 2000, 15:24   #6
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
Click on the vis in the vis vindow

------------------
This sig will self destruct...
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2000, 03:49   #7
magnezium

click on the AVS window. a new window appears. click on the settings menu and select fullscreen... select your video mode and click go... somehow my problem has solved itself...
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > AVS > AVS Troubleshooting