Old 13th April 2007, 23:51   #1
! ! ! 007AMP
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ! ! ! 007AMP
Analysis: Why Did Sony Cut the 20GB PS3 Production?

has officially stopped the production of the 20GB PlayStation 3, and is currently focusing only on the more expensive model, with the 60GB HDD.

Dave Karraker, Sr. Director, Corporate Communications at SCEA, explained Sony’s decision in an interview with GameIndustry.biz: “At launch, we offered two separate models of PLAYSTATION 3 to meet the diverse needs and interests of our PlayStation fan base. Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB SKU, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America. In addition to the larger internal hard drive, the 60GB PlayStation 3 features added storage media slots and built-in Wi-Fi not found in the 20GB system. Based on retailer and consumer feedback, we have decided to focus our current efforts on the more popular 60GB model.”.......

http://www.playfuls.com/news_06941_A...roduction.html
! ! ! 007AMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 08:53   #2
ame

It is obsiously that with new games you need bigger HDD. Sony thing right for PS3
Old 10th March 2008, 16:32   #3
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

the games are stored on the blu-ray disks you buy. the hdd is only for savegames, multimedia content, demo/addon downloads.
P$ycHo™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 23:51   #4
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

because the 20 was the only adequately backwards compatible version of the thing and they would rather you buy another ps2 if you needed one rather than have it be an extra on the ps3 because they are mean. MEAN!!!!

Omit Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 05:02   #5
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
You can get your hands on a used 20gb ps3 relatively cheap. If you dont mind the lack of wifi then you can get a backwards compatible nextgen game system/blu-ray player for quite a bargain. State side most are distracted by the harddrive size but in japan a used 20gb sells for more then new 40gb. I recently purchased a used 20GB PS3 off of ebay for $300 after shipping. I then sold my ps2 to recoup some of the cost, buy a game (COD4),a HDMI cable, and a PS2 to PS3 controller adapter(for a second ps3 cont and for GHII). My friend upgraded his laptop harddrive and took the old 120GB 2.5" Sata HD and put it in his 60GB Modle ps3. He then gave me the 60GB 2.5" Sata HD which I put in my 20GB model. So harddrives are easily upgradeable, you can throw just about any laptop hardrive into your ps3 easy peasy.

EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 02:07   #6
SharpShooterkkk

Send a message via AIM to SharpShooterkkk
PS3 sucks no more to be said...................
SharpShooterkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 20:29   #7
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

well, xbox is worse.

but i dont care which console is better tbh cuz:

my PC 3======D (_o_) consoles
P$ycHo™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 23:33   #8
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
the reason the 60GB sold better?

sure, extra savegames and all that BS, but the real reason, more games you can save to the hard drive after you chip it and therefore not pay for.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 13:19   #9
SharpShooterkkk

Send a message via AIM to SharpShooterkkk
but sony is in like 40-60 billion in debt mwaaaaaaaa
SharpShooterkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 16:16   #10
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
Thank you for trolling. It seems you try to find every thread that discusses current gen consoles and then post generally same comment in each. mix it up a bit.

EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center