Old 2nd December 2008, 15:05   #1
lichking

Send a message via ICQ to lichking
why not my signature appear?

I aleady add the signature ,but it is not appear on my post. is there any limit?
lichking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:10   #2
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Anti spam measure to stop new members posting a couple of threads, spamming their signatures and then vanishing..

And as yours appears to be spamming some kind of replica handbag crap shop it will never appear, in fact I'm not going to ban you immediately, seeing as it's christmas time and all that, but I will remove it from your profile and if you see fit to add it back, then I will ban you.

Cheers and a merry christmas to you.

/oh, and your homepage link won't work either and that too will be removed
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:18   #3
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
It is funny when spammers cry that they can't spam.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:36   #4
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

at least if the spam was with cool stuff ¬¬

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:30   #5
cooky560
Major Dude

Send a message via MSN to cooky560 Send a message via Yahoo to cooky560 Send a message via Skype™ to cooky560
LOL @ lame spammers

Cooky560 - Making Pointless Posts since 8/12/ 2002

WWW.
Victory Requires no explanation, defeat allows none.
All that Evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing
cooky560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:54   #6
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Spam seems to be keeping this place going.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:21   #7
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
i just got my spamalog from thinkgeek (yes, i just made up a lame name for catalog )

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:01   #8
andr116
Banned

It's very strange thing. You may mistake.
andr116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:28   #9
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Another one?

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:15   #10
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Oddly enuff, no....
Old 4th December 2008, 00:28   #11
LeadFoot

And I thought it was the atrocious grammar filter kicking in.
LeadFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 15:34   #12
Nico1980

Re: why not my signature appear?

Quote:
Originally posted by lichking
I aleady add the signature ,but it is not appear on my post. is there any limit?
You need to acumulate time and posts, legitimate post, to be able to show your signature.
Nico1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 19:17   #13
lyricslover

Why all of a sudden people need to talk about spam, I think lichking asked a valid question. Please answer it folks.
lyricslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 19:19   #14
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Quote:
Originally posted by lyricslover
Why all of a sudden people need to talk about spam, I think lichking asked a valid question. Please answer it folks.
It was answered in the first reply.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 20:58   #15
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Quote:
Originally posted by lyricslover
because the amount of spam on this forum got out of control to say the least and it got to the point where the only real option was having noob users (like you) prove that they're worth the risk of allowing anything you could stuff a clickable link into.

so, to review, the reason is, you had your chance, you blew it, for everyone.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2008, 08:41   #16
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Sorry, but because the spam filter works so incredibly well for us, we'll likely leave it that way.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 16:44   #17
orange_agent

Hello, I have read all posts on this forum about signatuers and I do not understand why you are so hostile with people that are just asking how they can show their signature to get a backlink to their site when posting here.

If you guys do not want to get spammed for seo purposes why dont' you just put nofollow to the signatures so that nobody will ever come here just to get backlinks.

Anyway, I want to show my signature as well. And yes, I registered today. There's no problem with having no signature for a while (biggest number i have ever seen is 50 posts on v7n forums) but I think that would be advisable to decide how many posts you need or what rank you need to show your signature.

I am saying this because when you come from the outside and read posts about signatures on this forums, it really looks like old members want to keep signatures only for them, flamig newbies for wanting that as well, and willing to keep the signature clan closed to new members.

It seems that you are deciding case to case whether to give or not sig right to users. And seems like you are basing your decision on whether you like or not what the user is writing in their posts. There shall be a minimum amount of posts or rank to achieve to get sig rights. And it shall be the same for everybody.

Also, why do you give for granted that someone asking why they can't see the sig is here just for spamming? As a new member you can set up your sig but then it doesnt show. And you are not warned about it, anywhere. I think it's pretty normal that someone might think it is a techical problem.

I hope nobody get offended for what's just my opinion, and I do not mean to offend any admin of this forum. Also I know already that my english is bad so please don't mention it.

Have a nice day.

Orange.
orange_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 16:55   #18
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Given that your signature is encouraging people to 'buy web traffic' I don't exactly think you have a lot of room to complain of our signature rules.

It'll never show up for you, you have my word on that , oh and don't change it back either, theres a good fella.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:22   #19
orange_agent

Where did you take the right to judge what i am promoting?

Dear Mr. Jones, dont think you know everything, becasue you do not. I wrote a very polite posts and you answer with hostility.

Your word? There are million of ways to spam your forum with thousands of accounts, no matter what your word is.

I am not changing the sig do not worry. You can ban this account for disagreeing with you. Or for having a link to a site that you do not like.

You are ruling this forum like a nazist would.

Now take my word: I am coming back, I will make another account no matter if you ban my ip, I will make useful posts and get signature rights letting you think i like your community. Then I will keep posting to get as many backlinks as possible. And you will never even know it's me. But I will know and I will sure rofl at you.

You know what? Probably 99% of your old members are already doing that.

Next time learn politeness before crashing your head on the keyboard. And learn to read posts as well because you clearly did not read my post but obviously jumped to check my sig link.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:33   #20
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I was pointing out the site rules that you agreed to when you signed up.

In case you missed them, here they are again.
http://forums.winamp.com/rules.php

First item on there.
Quote:
Advertising
- Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell or peruse any products or services through this discussion forum is not permitted. Chain letters and junk mail are also strictly prohibited. Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and locked.
Are you telling me that 'buy web traffic' is not advertising or soliciting members to buy sell or peruse products and services?

But by all means carry on, sign up a new account make usefull posts and the firs time your signature for 'handy traffic' pops up, either myself or one of the many other moderators on here will sort it out for you ;-)
Old 4th March 2009, 17:36   #21
orange_agent

Yeah, sure, because after this conversation i will surely keep promoting the same site.

I will definitively not use another site i'm affiliate to.

Nono I will keep the same url and let your personal police spot me.

Keep dreaming.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:52   #22
orange_agent

Anyway, I have no time for arguing with you anymore. Ban the account, close the post, do anything.

Im not coming back to check your answers. For now.

Was a pleasure to talk to such a delicious person as you are.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:53   #23
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I love the fact you are taking the time to argue that you appear to be in the right and that the fact we enforce a 'no spam' policy on here, which you agreed to when signing up, is wrong.

Anyhow, crack on, I'm done arguing the point, although it is a pleasant change to have a spammer answer back, certainly beats most of the bots we get on here on a daily basis, they are so impolite and hardly ever provide any decent sport.

I'll leave it to the other members of the forums to continue pointing out the holes in your arguments, who ,I'm almost sure, will point it out in much blunter ways than I would ever likely do.

Cheers!
Old 4th March 2009, 17:54   #24
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
KTHNXBUHBYE!!!

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 17:58   #25
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Hey Pixie, long time no see, or have I just missed you, been off the radar a while.

I see the sig is still holding good lol
Old 4th March 2009, 18:02   #26
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

lol..yes i think i may need a new one soon..something springy and sexual

I own a pressure washing business and I'm swamped with trucks,so I'm always busy busy busy!

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
Old 4th March 2009, 18:03   #27
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

is there anything you haven't tried your hand at? probably best you don't answer that heh
Old 4th March 2009, 18:04   #28
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

- Mr.Jones
Old 5th March 2009, 04:17   #29
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by orange_agent
As a new member you can set up your sig but then it doesnt show. And you are not warned about it, anywhere. I think it's pretty normal that someone might think it is a techical problem.
You bring up a good point here. It can come as a surprise when the sig doesn't work. If I knew how and had the ability to fix the site to address this concern, I would, but I'm just a regular member.

However, I must say we really do take a strong stand against advertising. I've been on this forum for years, and if I posted spam (a.k.a. advertising) either in my post or sig, the other members here would likely hate my spamming just as much as they hate yours.

I think I speak for a lot of members in saying we really don't hate you (being new we don't even know you yet), we just hate attempts at advertising on these forums. One of the reasons most of our posting members have been around for so many years is that these boards are good at preventing several types of spam.

Quote:
Then I will keep posting to get as many backlinks as possible. And you will never even know it's me.
It really doesn't matter who it is (you, me, or anyone else). People who break forum rules will very likely have action taken to correct the problem. Our mods are pretty aggressive and fast with this kind of thing, and for good reason.

Quote:
But I will know and I will sure rofl at you.
If that's the sort of thing that gives you pride and entertainment, then I think there are some deep-rooted issues that you should really consider assessing. Sig censorship is the least of your worries by comparison. Read your post as if you were on the other side of the discussion - someone who has been around a place for a long time, reading what you wrote. The more assertive people around here will likely call that pathetic; and personally, I feel sad that there are people out there that have to resort to such a thing just to feel good about themselves. Look in the mirror and ask yourself, "Isn't there something better I can do, or is this really all I am?"

Anyway, Hi Pixie!

Old 5th March 2009, 18:47   #30
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

- Mr.Jones
Old 5th March 2009, 21:58   #31
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Damnit, I didn't get to see it. Post on imageshack or another server.

Oh, and be sure to troll the photobucket forums for censoring your content!

Old 6th March 2009, 06:28   #32
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
You are ruling this forum like a nazist would.
You seem to be surprised by this. Are you new to the internets?

THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.

P.S.

Quote:
As a new member you can set up your sig but then it doesnt show. And you are not warned about it, anywhere. I think it's pretty normal that someone might think it is a techical problem.
I agree that this is pretty retarded. That CraigF should get off his lazy ass and fix that shit, post haste.

Old 6th March 2009, 10:02   #33
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Quote:
Yeah, sure, because after this conversation i will surely keep promoting the same site.

I will definitively not use another site i'm affiliate to.

Nono I will keep the same url and let your personal police spot me.

Keep dreaming.
They'll spot that your trying to sell something, which is the reason they said they'd ban your sig, YOU FUCKING MORON.

ROFL.

Laughing at retards on the interwebz is my form of late night entertainment... sigh...
Paul_Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 11:50   #34
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by iomegajaz
I agree that this is pretty retarded. That CraigF should get off his lazy ass and fix that shit, post haste.
CraigF has not had anything to do with code running the forums in a long long long while for assorted different reasons.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 15:20   #35
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

stupid thing even violated when i upload from my puter.

- Mr.Jones
Old 7th March 2009, 00:36   #36
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by pixiefied
[Image]

stupid thing even violated when i upload from my puter.
Uh, what?

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigF
CraigF has not had anything to do with code running the forums in a long long long while for assorted different reasons.
Your post says no, but your Adminstrator badge says yes. More mixed messages. See, this is why the newbies love this place so much.

Old 7th March 2009, 05:34   #37
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Thanks, that's cute.

Old 7th March 2009, 11:37   #38
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Oh I get it now, the waving smilie image "violated" whe she uploaded it to photobucket form her computer.

DAMN I'M SMART.

Old 8th March 2009, 02:50   #39
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

damn Jaz!! you just blew the socks off a 5th grader :P

- Mr.Jones
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions