Old 30th September 2003, 02:23   #1
laz
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to laz
The Mars Volta

Ok, I have just recenly found out of this band, but I must say, this is the best band I have heard since I first discoreved Tool and their Lateralus album.
They are a prog rock type band (I still feel classifying them is bad, and wrong). I just dont know what to say, other then to go, right now, and buy their album "De-Loused In The Comatorium".
It is a story about a man trying to commit suicide, going into a comma, the adventure he has in his mind, then waking up out of it, and choosing to die.
I dont know what else I can say. Read some reviews on them: http://www.thecomatorium.com/

I just love this band so much, it is amazing that so much talant can be focued into one band.

history: It is consists of former At the Drive-In members.
laz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2003, 05:42   #2
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

It's a trip back to the 70's. I've scratched the surface of "Tremulant" and "Deloused", but they need more listening. There's so much going on you need 5 listens at least, I've given them about 3. If prog-rock can make a comeback who knows what'll happen next.

Secret Snacker & Accomplished Pen Thief At:
Cylob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2003, 13:09   #3
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

I've seen them live. They were odd. Couldn't really hear the music properly because they'd set the system up badly, I don't think they did a sound-check before starting. Odd haircuts as well. However, the keyboard player was a legend,

They're apparently the remains of a band I've never heard of called At The Drive-In.

as he faced the sun, he cast no shadow
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2003, 02:17   #4
laz
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to laz
Yes, At the Drive in, A punk band, also Sparta was made from them as well.
I wish I could see them live, but well, the closest they got to me was Chicago, and that is a good 2 hours away. Also it didnt help that they played there yesterday.

Come on, more people need to hear of them. They truly have some massive tallent. More so then I hear in about every other band out there (they are on the same level as Tool in my book, and tool is top dog.)
Go to the store and buy their album right now. Or well... go and download samplers of them, and see if you like them.
JUST FACIT!
laz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2003, 12:35   #5
Raz
Forum King

I saw them live as the support band for red hot chili peppers, i thought they were shite live, then i listened to the album. And the album is great.

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama