Old 25th January 2004, 02:04   #1
<0n$pIra(c)

Song Rating Plugin?

I've been looking for a plugin that will give my songs a rating, so the ones with higher ratings will play more often then ones with low rankings... does such a plugin exist?... i have searched the plugins section, but didnt find it.
<0n$pIra(c) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2004, 02:06   #2
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

sounds like it would be neat, but I've never seen one.

(note: I'm more of a vis fan than a plugin guy. I currently have three plugins other than the ones that come with.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2004, 03:03   #3
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
It's called the media library (alt+l).

Find the song you want and right click on it. You can give it a rating from none (worse) to 5 stars (best). Then in the media library go on the left go to "Top Rated" under "local Media" and click the "rating" tab (on the right side, top left). This will sort the songs by rating. SINGLE click on a song, hit ctrl+a and then either hit the "Enqueue" button or drag the files onto the playlist.

Next, go to prefrences (ctrl+p) >> General Preferences (2nd from the top) >> Playlist (4th from teh top) and on the bottom will be in blue letters "Shuffle Morph Rate" Set this to "low"

What low means is that the playlsit will not shuffle as much. IE, if you have 100 songs in the playlist, all the way high means that if you play song #1 then songs 2-100 could be next. If you set the morph to between low and fast the next song will be song 2-50, and the lower you (farther left you put the slider) the less it will shuffle.

This shoudl produce the desired effect of "played most often by rating"
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2004, 03:38   #4
EdgeOfEpsilon

Send a message via ICQ to EdgeOfEpsilon Send a message via AIM to EdgeOfEpsilon
I'd say your best bet is to wait a few months till DrO has a stable Extended Playlist, and request it then or just use it if it's already got that feature by that time.

sfx
EdgeOfEpsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2004, 15:31   #5
ben_moo

There is actually a program that I've been using for some time now, It's called 'Brain Winamp Plugin' by Synapse.
It runs in the background while you play your songs and rates them. Then you can turn it on, and it'll play all your favorite songs!
Plus it gives stats of all songs played. You do have to use it a bit for it to learn your style though.

The link is http://www.synapseai.com/waplugin.asp

Have fun!
ben_moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2004, 18:57   #6
electricmime
Major Dude

but with that brain plugin... can you actually rate songs? or does it just record what songs you play and other statistics of your playing habbits?

and i dislike media-libraries way of rating... for multiple reasons
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2004, 02:30   #7
electricmime
Major Dude

i installed that brain plugin, and its not very good.. it screwed up winamp, and kept popping up error messages(also winamp seemed to take longer to open) and all it does is log what you are listening too... it doesnt rate at all (or at least not that i can see) also it didnt uninstall right
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion