Old 7th October 2005, 20:07   #281
deguix
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to deguix
InstallOptionsEx 2.4.2 beta 5 - DLL + Source

Hmmm... this was not completed in today morning, but I wasn't satisfied to release it with annoying bugs, so I spend the time fixing some more bugs...

Also, as you may have noticed, the files for all versions for IOEx are hosted in the NSIS Wiki now. After the first stable build is released, all of them will be deleted (or at least I think so).

This version brings a lot of big changes. In this version, RichText and Image controls were implemented, along with the BufferSize key name for "Settings" section, the new notification queuing and escape characters for "|", "{" and "}", and more types of images. Other changes include:
  • Added RichText control.
  • Added BufferSize value name for Settings section. A note though, everything, including Type value for all fields are affected.
  • Added ReadOnlyTxtColor and ReadOnlyBgColor value names for Text and RichText controls.
  • Added ONTEXTSELCHANGE notification flag for RichText controls.
  • Bitmap, Icon and Animation controls have now fused together into a control called Image. The old control names are still supported for compatibility.
  • Image controls now use GDI+ or OLE when needed. So there are new file types supported: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif (GDI+ or OLE), .png, .tiff, .wmf, .emf (GDI+ only).
  • Older INI files braking notice: Renamed icon names for ToolTipIcon value name to INFORMATION,EXCLAMATION and STOP, as defined under the icon resources for the State value name for Image controls.
  • Added "\|" escape characters for ListBox, DropList, ComboBox controls.This applies to list based value names only.
  • Added "\|", "\{" and "\}" escape characters for ListView and TreeView controls. This applies to list based value names that do not use just numbers only.
  • Fixed internal memory leaks and bugs.
  • For Link and Button controls using DIRREQUEST flag:
  1. Fixed the non-disabling "OK" button when a non-folder item was selected (like My Computer).
  2. Added ability for the State INI value name to specify the initial folder shown in the DIRREQUEST dialog.
  • Now FONTREQUEST and COLORREQUEST flags for Button and Link controls output the control state even if a value is specified for the RefFields value name.
  • Fixed string not being truncated at the maximum buffer size allowed when Text and Password controls returned (IO bug).
  • Fixed Link and Button controls with DIRREQUEST flag: "|" character was appended everytime to the end of ListItems value name.
  • Corrected the formula to convert pixels into points for Link and Button controls with FONTREQUEST flag.
  • Fixed Link and Button controls State value name return value when used with FILE_OPENREQUEST and MULTISELECT flags: String was truncated to the first 1023 characters (1024 w/ the terminator character).
  • State INI value name for ComboBox controls now uses the text specified for the state if it is not one of the items specified in ListItems.
  • HSCROLL and VSCROLL flags won't work anymore if specified for controls that do not support this flag. The effect is simply useless.
  • Re-added EXTENDEDSELCT and REQ_SAVE flags for compatibility purposes with IO.
  • Fixed bugs #1287731 and #1283528.

I didn't have much time to test everything, but now you have a chance to test what's new. Also, I still need to implement flags for the Image control and some more code for transparency.

One more thing, I couldn't put support for "\\" characters for most of the controls that support the use of a list of items for input and/or output. I might be able to add that to the next version later.

To download IOEx, go to InstallOptionsEx wiki page

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
New projects. (language: any)
deguix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 20:10   #282
Jamyn

Background of Welcome/Finish

Quote:
Posted by Deliverator on 08-22-2004 11:52 PM:

When using this with the Modern UI my Welcome and Finish pages are not displayed correctly.

The background of the window is gray, and the background of the text is white.

What am I doing wrong?
It seems this problem is back again? When replacing InstallOptions.dll with InstallOptionsEx.dll, the background of the page is not rendered correctly. I have attached a screenshot of:

NSIS\Examples\Modern UI\WelcomeFinish.nsi

Picture 1: With standard InstallOptions.
Picture 2: With InstallOptionsEX

I know it has already been stated that ModernUI may not work with InstallOptionsEX for various things, but I hope this particular problem may be fixed in the future? InstallOptionsEX has many features I like to use Thanks very much for writing it, by the way.

(PS: I tried to manually set the background color with

SetCtlColors $MUI_HWND "" "${MUI_BGCOLOR}"
GetDlgItem $MUI_TEMP1 $MUI_HWND 1203
SetCtlColors $MUI_TEMP1 "" "${MUI_BGCOLOR}"
[...]

But it does not seem to fix the issue.
Attached Images
File Type: gif installoptionsex.gif (26.0 KB, 1008 views)
Jamyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 20:50   #283
deguix
Major Dude

I still didn't update the file. I have to upload every single file from this thread to wiki yet. You were downloading an older version of IOEx. I didn't think it would take that long to upload all those files, but now I know. Sorry if I didn't tell you that before...

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 7th October 2005, 21:11   #284
deguix
Major Dude

Now it's ok to download, but I didn't upload older versions to wiki. This is still not a big issue. If you want older versions, just search the thread.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 7th October 2005, 23:57   #285
NeoAlus

Send a message via AIM to NeoAlus
The new version works great, thanks. A few notes:

I thought the ComboBox (DropList) control had a broken pulldown menu on Windows 98. But it's a common problem, and here's the scoop:

"The reason is that when you specify the height of the control, you are specifying it's height when OPEN not when closed. ... you can use SetWindowPos() to increase the height, or specify a greater height when creating it in the first place."

Specifying a greater height in the .ini works as expected.

msvs 7.1 users will need this:

#ifndef USER_TIMER_MAXIMUM
#define USER_TIMER_MAXIMUM 0x7FFFFFFF
#endif
#ifndef USER_TIMER_MINIMUM
#define USER_TIMER_MINIMUM 0x0000000A
#endif

There's an alternative, which is to set the winver I think, but the above works just fine.

Last edited by NeoAlus; 8th October 2005 at 01:01.
NeoAlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2005, 02:53   #286
Yathosho
Forum King

i don't quite understand how to use the "\|" escape characters. i also think the more feature are getting implemented, the more the overview of the documentation suffers.
Yathosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2005, 07:24   #287
deguix
Major Dude

Hehe. Don't blame me. Maintaining both plug-in and documentation is quite difficult.

This escape character only works for any value name which supports to input or output a list of items. A list of items is a list containing items that has the "|" character basically separating them (there are also some which use "{" and "}").

One exception for this is when a value name supports to input or output a list of items with only numbers, because there are only numbers + the "|" character allowed in there. "\|" is not a number.

When you use it in those conditions stated above, it results into a "|" character.

Common example: "ListItems" value name.

The use for "\{" and "\}" is even more complicated. They only work for those values that actually use "{" and "}". Example: "State" value name for ListView and TreeView controls.

Also, don't forget that "\\", "\n" and "\r" are not supported on most of the value names supporting list of items as input or output, except for "ListItems" and "State" value names for ComboBox and DropList controls. The "\\" -> "\" effect is applied before the "\|" -> "|" effect is applied. This is the thing that I should fix in the next version.

One "simple" code example of the usage:
code:
[Field 1]
Type=TreeView
Left=0
Right=-1
Top=0
Bottom=-1
ListItems=\{\\\|A\|\\\}{\{\\\|A1\|\\\}|\{\\\|A2\|\\\}}\{\\\|B\|\\\}
State=0{1|2}3
Flags=CHECKBOXES
StateImageList=C:\Dev\NSIS Source\Contrib\Graphics\Checks\modern.bmp

You can't apply this to the "State" value name in this case because the CHECKBOXES flag turns it into a "number-only" list of items. Also, see that the "\\" -> "\" transformation doesn't happen in there.

Just a note: you always should use the flag CHECKBOXES w/ the StateImageList value name, or the flag won't work. Also the file has to exist, so you should change the path first.

BUG: When StateImageList points to an invalid file, it still applies the CHECKBOXES flag normally. This flag uses the default checkboxes when this happens. Those checkboxes don't have the features this TreeView control has.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:

Last edited by deguix; 8th October 2005 at 07:47.
Old 31st October 2005, 11:15   #288
Yathosho
Forum King

a feature request

would it be possible to add a feature, which allows me to specify a default directory for contols (i.e. filerequest).

let's say the user has to specify a file in on of my ioex pages and that it's most likely that this file is stored in a specific directory (i.e. my documents). i would love to have the option to specify this directory, when the installer initialises. when clicking on browse (filerequest dialog), it would start browsing in that specified directory.
Yathosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2005, 12:37   #289
Afrow UK

I'm not sure if this would work, but you could try storing an initial path in the box (State), and get rid of the text when the page is shown (with SendMessage ... "STR:").

-Stu
Afrow UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2005, 14:06   #290
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

deguix, IMHO you should stop taking feature requests for a while and concentrate on stabilizing and documenting what you currently have.
I want to add support for InstallOptionsEx to EclipseNSIS, but I am hesitant because IOEx is in constant flux.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

EclipseNSIS - An NSIS IDE for the Eclipse Platform | My contributions to the wiki
iceman_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2005, 23:41   #291
deguix
Major Dude

No problem. I'll try to fix the maximum amount of bugs that appear. There aren't many though (except in docs). But I generally find more because I have to test most of the stuff; bugs generally aren't reported to me, even with the huge amount of people that read this thread.

Maybe I should put this plug-in somewhere like sourceforge. It will probably be more organized, and will support some direct feedback without cluttering the forums more than they are already... a dump of this would probably take many days.

Quote:
would it be possible to add a feature, which allows me to specify a default directory for contols (i.e. filerequest).

let's say the user has to specify a file in on of my ioex pages and that it's most likely that this file is stored in a specific directory (i.e. my documents). i would love to have the option to specify this directory, when the installer initialises. when clicking on browse (filerequest dialog), it would start browsing in that specified directory.
Well, okay... what should I do then? Put it in "ListItems" or to make the plug-in to select the path from the file path automatically by using an extra flag? If "MULTISELECT" flag is specified, would the path of the first file be used if you want me to add the extra flag feature?

Could I ask you a question? Do you think the plug-in is confusing to use (except for the documentation which needs adjustments)?

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 2nd November 2005, 03:29   #292
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

I think moving the project to SourceForge would be a great idea. It will add more structure to your development, with clearly defined trackers for bugs, feature requests, etc. You can better manage what you are doing. Plus you get all the associated stuff for free (e.g., source control, release mechanism, etc.). Also, you may be able to recruit other developers to help out with it.
The plugin can be overwhelming, I feel, for a new user since it has sooo much stuff in it (given that the documentation is not synced up yet).

Cheers,
Iceman_K

EclipseNSIS - An NSIS IDE for the Eclipse Platform | My contributions to the wiki
iceman_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2005, 23:10   #293
deguix
Major Dude

Next version, 2.4.2 beta 6, is going to have removed the GPL code for allowing more types of images. Does anyone have any suggestions for a free code (no GPL, no commercial licenses) replacing the current GPL code for this? If yes, then I can include it readly. Also, part of it is not considered GPL because it was taken from another source, so I can modify it to not be a copy anymore. Thus, general support for .jpg, .jpge, and .gif image types is still on IOEx.

I'll only talk about the other modifications when I release it.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 10th November 2005, 23:55   #294
Animaether
Major Dude

Just for reference, I think the last message on the GPL found its basis at :
WINAMP.COM | Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion > Changing the form
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=230625
-----
GPL: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
I don't mind the GPL so much myself - I admire its premise, actually.
The problem, at least to me, is that I've never found it quite clear what happens when you include a -compiled- piece of GPL code in your product or distribution.

I.e. if somebody were to use InstallOptionsEx with the GPL code in there, I can only imagine that it would consitute one of the two basic things..
- you're distributing a GPL'd product
- you're dynamically linking to a lib (the dll is 'separate' in the installer and gets extracted - so it doesn't become an integral part to the installer code itself)
So as far as I can tell - using InstallOptionsEx with the GPL'd code in the binary doesn't mean your entire installer becomes GPL - much less so any other software you may be installing with the installer.

However, it does leave questions such as :
- do I need to include the GPL text with my installer ?
- do I need to display that GPL code is being used ?
- do I need to give users access to the source code of InstallOptionsEx if they were to ask for it ? and/or include it ?
etc.
I believe the answer to all the above is 'yes', but I'm not a lawyer

-----
Lastly, separate of the GPL, InstallOptionsEx has its own licensing requirement;
"3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any distribution."
Similar questions - where, when and how should said notice be included ? Or does it apply to distributions of the InstallOptionsEx -package- only ? i.e. doesn't apply if you're simply using the plugin in your installer.

Thanks in advance
Animaether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2005, 11:25   #295
deguix
Major Dude

The maximum thing needed is to inform the user about IOEx and where it's source code is when there is GPL code, which is already not good for me.

Quote:
Lastly, separate of the GPL, InstallOptionsEx has its own licensing requirement;
"3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any distribution."
Similar questions - where, when and how should said notice be included ? Or does it apply to distributions of the InstallOptionsEx -package- only ? i.e. doesn't apply if you're simply using the plugin in your installer.
Well, this part shows the reasoning of this:
Quote:
[...] to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions
This "and" shows that it applies only when altering the code and redistributing it.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 11th November 2005, 11:31   #296
Animaether
Major Dude

Ahhh okay... I'm not a lawyer, etc. but I think phrased that way it's actually two separate terms... e.g.
"to alter it, subject to the following restrictions"
"to redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions"'

The intended meaning, I *think*, would be phrased as "to alter and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions"

Regardless though - cool, thanks for clarification
Animaether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2005, 17:06   #297
deguix
Major Dude

I just forgot to say that it won't have the features I planned for it, it will be just a quick version to fix the GPL issue and some other fixes I picked up. Also, as NSIS 2.11 was released with InstallOptions version 2.44, it's going to be called "IOEx 2.44 beta 1" (Next time I should consider how I put versions on my projects, now I can only go forth to version 3 or to make patches for IO with IOEx code).

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 13th November 2005, 15:36   #298
deguix
Major Dude

InstallOptionsEx 2.4.4 beta 1 - DLL + Source

New version released. No much was changed, as expected. See the full list of changes for this version:
  • Removed GPL'd code from the plug-in. Removed support for GDI+, which in turn, removed newer systems support of .png, .tiff, and .emf files.
  • Added support for the key "F2" on TreeView and ListView controls.
  • Fixed the selection of the last item with the "End" key in a ListView control without the CHECKBOXES flag and without using LargeImageList INI key.
  • Fixed: When StateImageList points to an invalid file, it still applies the CHECKBOXES flag normally.
  • Fixed: When a label was not changed in TreeView or ListView controls that use the EDITLABELS flags, it was emptied.
To download IOEx, go to InstallOptionsEx wiki page

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 13th November 2005, 16:08   #299
Takhir
Major Dude

BTW this plug-in supports png and other formats without GDI
May be problems with some complex variants of tiff formats on systems with old IEs (or may be not, I cannot remember this precisely in the sunday evening)
Takhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2005, 16:29   #300
deguix
Major Dude

Yes, I saw your plug-in source code one time, but I didn't got the inclusion to work. I might try to do that again later, or you could submit a patch, if you can read a big amount of code... Just search for IMAGE_TYPE_OLE and you can find the current OLE implementation I have. I think your code is somewhat based on that.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 21st November 2005, 19:51   #301
nandhp

I have an AVI being displayed in an Image with the TRANSPARENT flag, and it's only transparent on Windows XP with XPStyle on. What do I have to do to get a transparent Animate?
nandhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 21:02   #302
deguix
Major Dude

Reproduced. I just can't understand, it works for some avi, but not for others. Does your avi have a sound channel in it and is of type "MS-RLE" of 8-bits? I've tested two avi files, one with sound w/ 8-bits "MS-RLE" type, and another without, to see if transparency went ok. The one w/ sound had this transparency problem.

Maybe the new version of the control for WinXP fixes this problem. This is not mentioned in MSDN.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 22nd November 2005, 09:13   #303
nandhp

I'm looking at properties on the file in Windows XP and on the summary tab under "Video" it says it is an 8-bit MS-RLE, 4fps 3kbps, and under "Audio" says "4 seconds". I used the "AVIEdit" tool from some oldish version of the windows SDK to create the AVI. Does this help?

Edit: Made a mistake, that's the wrong AVI, the one above works fine. The one that doesn't work says: Under video, the correct avi is 15fps, 1164kbps, 24 bit sample size, uncompressed. Under audio it says "2 seconds". I think I need to try converting it to MS-RLE. A 3MB AVI for 2 seconds of video is just stupid.

Last edited by nandhp; 22nd November 2005 at 09:42.
Old 24th November 2005, 09:38   #304
nandhp

I managed to convert it to RLE and it worked fine. The problem was I needed to convert it to 8-bit, otherwise the codec wouldn't appear. So I opened the uncompressed avi in quicktime pro, exported it as a uncompressed avi in 8-bit color, load it back into aviedit, and exported it to RLE there. Thanks quicktime!
Old 25th November 2005, 13:42   #305
flyakite

Send a message via AIM to flyakite Send a message via Yahoo to flyakite
I hate asking questions that I feel I should have been able to find the answer to, but I couldn't, so I have to ask.

Is there a way to change the cursor to a Hand, when it is over an Image control using a GIF image?

Basically I'm using the Image control with a GIF image, and the NOTIFY=ONCLICK event to call the leave/validate function which in turn will open up a link. But I would like the cursor to be a hand, so that people realize the image is clickable.
flyakite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2005, 18:36   #306
Takhir
Major Dude

Yes, I saw your plug-in source code one time, but I didn't got the inclusion to work. I might try to do that again later, or you could submit a patch, if you can read a big amount of code... Just search for IMAGE_TYPE_OLE and you can find the current OLE implementation I have. I think your code is somewhat based on that.

Attached short 'page' sample shows how IImgCtx may be used: ownerdraw control and paint on wm_drawitem. Both Ole and Ctx support transparency, so you can skip 'window region' part for them.
I also updated my plug-in - it's 'the best' version was lost during last archive crash.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ioxp.zip (9.3 KB, 612 views)
Old 29th November 2005, 10:17   #307
deguix
Major Dude

Quote:
Is there a way to change the cursor to a Hand, when it is over an Image control using a GIF image?
Try NotifyCursor=HAND.

Now, about the IImgCtx interface: is there anywhere a list of image types supported by the older IE versions and when this interface was started to be used on IE? This is just to know what image types it adds.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 29th November 2005, 10:40   #308
Takhir
Major Dude

(Found in russian): It appeared in Internet Explorer 4.0 and supports BMP, GIF, JPEG, ICO, WMF, EMF, PNG, XBM, CUR, TIFF (may be others).
About some tiff limitations I read here http://codeproject.com/bitmap/JianImgCtxDecoder.asp
Old 29th November 2005, 18:23   #309
deguix
Major Dude

Thanks. I'm not working on the plug-in now, but when I will, I'll implement this.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 19th December 2005, 15:48   #310
SeanB

Hi - I've just downloaded the latest version of IOEx from the link given above, and I have the problem with the Welcome and Finish pages not displaying correctly. Was this not fixed? Do I have the wrong version of the file?
SeanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2005, 09:52   #311
deguix
Major Dude

Hmmm... There are probably 2 problems in the latest version:
- some problem when using "Text" INI key name for "Image" controls.
- trying to color the dialog itself - which is probably unhandled by the plug-in at all.

I still couldn't even start to work on features for next version though, so I can't expect it to be released even on next month. You should pretty much try to go around the problems, but right now I can't say much than just that.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 21st December 2005, 00:06   #312
michaelcsikos

FileRequest - Text & Button example?

I can't seem to find an example anywhere of an InstallOptionsEx Text & Button FileRequest dialog. Could someone please post an example .ini file? Thanks!
michaelcsikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2005, 09:44   #313
deguix
Major Dude

code:

[Field 1]
Type=Text
Left=0
Right=100
Top=0
Bottom=10

[Field 2]
Type=Button
Text=...
Left=110
Right=125
Top=0
Bottom=10
Flags=OPEN_FILEREQUEST
RefFields=1
Notify=ONCLICK

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 22nd December 2005, 00:55   #314
michaelcsikos

Thanks Deguix, you're the man!

I converted from IO to IOex, and now have two problems:

1. For some reason the file Filter isn't working for me. It truncates the last character of the name, showing "DB Config Fil", and all files are still visible. I've tried lots of different examples, including copying directly from the readme.

[Field 1]
Type=Text
Left=8
Right=283
Top=21
Bottom=34

[Field 2]
Type=Button
Text=Browse
Left=192
Right=242
Top=68
Bottom=84
Flags=OPEN_FILEREQUEST
Filter=DB Config File|*.xml
RefFields=1
Notify=ONCLICK

2. When a file is selected and Open is clicked, the Installer goes to the next page immediately, instead of going back to the DBConfigXML custom page and waiting for the user to click Install.

Function DBConfigXML
!insertmacro MUI_HEADER_TEXT "$(TEXT_IO_TITLE)" "$(TEXT_IO_SUBTITLE)"
Push $R0
${Plugin}::dialog $PLUGINSDIR\DBConfigXML.ini
Pop $R0
FunctionEnd

Function ValidateDBConfigXML
ReadINIStr $DB_CONFIG_FILE "$PLUGINSDIR\DBConfigXML.ini" "Field 1" "State"
IfFileExists "$DB_CONFIG_FILE" OK
MessageBox MB_OK|MB_ICONSTOP 'File does not exist.'
Abort
OK:
FunctionEnd

Thanks in advance.
michaelcsikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 11:20   #315
deguix
Major Dude

Quote:
1. For some reason the file Filter isn't working for me. It truncates the last character of the name, showing "DB Config Fil", and all files are still visible. I've tried lots of different examples, including copying directly from the readme.
When I comeback for IOEx development, I'll look at it.

Quote:
2. When a file is selected and Open is clicked, the Installer goes to the next page immediately, instead of going back to the DBConfigXML custom page and waiting for the user to click Install.
This is normal because a notification flag is used. You should use abort in the custom page function when this is used.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 2nd January 2006, 12:24   #316
akn

Custom page bitmap disappeared after replacing IO with IOEx

Hi,
I've problem with bitmaps on custom pages.
I've downloaded InstallOptionsEx plug-in and saved InstallOptionsEx.dll on InstallOptions.dll in NSIS directory.
After that images on custom pages are not displayed.
With InstallOptions.dll installator worked properly.
Any help will be appreciated.
akn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 11:40   #317
deguix
Major Dude

Because futuraly I want to patch InstallOptions with changes I mostly developed, I'll be working only on InstallOptionsEx for a while, and no other projects will be involved.

All those bugs were confirmed and all are my fault. Damn. These bugs are the ones confirmed:

- Image controls bug: Some image types don't work - bitmaps for example. Internal problems can range from not recognizing the file as image and not identifying the image type as to be destroyed.
- Filter key name bug: Last character is cropped. Internal problem is the replacement of last char with "\0".
- Dialog coloring bug: Since IOEx 2.4.1 beta 6 (version which custom drawn controls were implemented). I didn't check this one out yet.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 12th February 2006, 17:45   #318
SuperPat

I Need to use InstallOptionsEx, but unfortunately, with the lastest version, the background don't work correctly and the bitmaps are not draw.

But you know it already.

Thus can you give online the lastest version where this two bugs did not exist?

Thank you in advance.
Old 13th February 2006, 03:53   #319
deguix
Major Dude

InstallOptionsEx 2.4.4 beta 2 - DLL + Source

Sorry about that. New Release:
  • Fixed: Image controls implementation was coded poorly.
  • Fixed: Dialog box now can be colored (bug introduced IOEx 2.4.1 beta 6).
  • Fixed: Filter key value had last character chop down.
  • Fixed: Filter key value's first item in array is the only one detected.
  • Fixed: Filter key value can overrun the buffer by one byte besides the "BufferSize" limit for characters.
  • Added: Ability to convert "\\" to "\" in lists.
  • Fixed: The ListItems value name for ComboBox and DropList controls can't have the combination "\\" and "\|". This needs to be verified.
I'm very unhappy with the progress of this project. I was hoping to be able to use its multithreading capabilities to allow the creation of multiple windows.

I actually have almost no interest in an old project, which was the inspiration for all of those changes in this plugin, so you can only expect me to don't implement much at all to this plugin anymore. Maybe someone else might be interested in continuing this on, principally because my needs were realized already, and the TODO list contains suggestions - which are not always what the developer needs. I couldn't even adapt myself to newer plug-in versions, and my programs still use older versions of my own plug-in.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 16th February 2006, 04:48   #320
dandaman32

Documentation overhaul

Perhaps you should consider changing the documentation layout-wise - increase the indentation on sub-sections etc becuase the current version can be a bit hard to read.

I've attached an updated basic.js file that makes the text areas padded by 0.2in. Only change was:
code:
document.write('<div id="' + pszDivisionPrefix + nTable + '" class=sc><table ');

changed to
code:
document.write('<div id="' + pszDivisionPrefix + nTable + '" class=sc><table style="padding: 0.2in;" ');

hope this helps
nice plugin

-dandaman32
Attached Files
File Type: zip basic.js.zip (1.2 KB, 474 views)

ExperienceUI for NSIS | Latest project: Enano CMS
Do not PM me on the Winamp forums, I hardly ever check my messages here; you are more likely to get my attention through the ExperienceUI forum.
dandaman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion