Old 21st November 2006, 13:49   #121
Laslie

thanks
Laslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2007, 21:17   #122
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

EclipseNSIS 0.9.5 and EclipseNSIS InstallOptions Editor 0.9.4 released

EclipseNSIS 0.9.5 and EclipseNSIS InstallOptions Editor 0.9.5 are both available for download now.
See the EclipseNSIS home page for details.

Changes:

EclipseNSIS
  • Upgraded to Eclipse 3.2 - no longer compatible with Eclipse 3.1.
  • Added Export as HTML command.
  • Var elements now shown in Outline view.
  • Added NSIS Command Wizard for adding NSIS commands to script.
  • Added drag & drop support to NSIS Script Wizard and EclipseNSIS Editor.
  • Added support for REG_BIN and REG_EXPAND_SZ in NSIS Script Wizard.
  • Added support for Library installs in NSIS Script Wizard.
  • NSIS Script Wizard can now save output to filesystem in addition to the workspace.
  • Added registry key and registry value browsers to NSIS Script Wizard.
  • Added command to insert registry value into NSIS script.
  • Added filtering to outline view.
  • Added startup plugin to check file associations.
  • Bug Fixes
    o 1416349
    o 1443239
    o 1464413
    o 1466390
    o 1474161
    o 1521533
    o 1556289
    o 1587717
    o 1591254
    o 1649681
  • Feature Requests:
    o 1441231
    o 1452422
    o 1587982
  • Other minor bug fixes.

EclipseNSIS InstallOptions Editor
  • Upgraded to Eclipse 3.2 - no longer compatible with Eclipse 3.1.
  • Added Export as HTML command.
  • Added new control editing commands in source editor.
  • Control type can now be changed in the design editor.
  • Added support for automatic Team checkout in design editor.
  • Fixed handling of escaped characters in INI file.
  • Added Quickfix support in Source editor.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

Notes:
Java 6 is now officially supported. Windows Vista is nominally supported, but I have not tested it on this platform, since I do not have it installed. Support for Windows 98 & ME is deprecated in this version and will be removed in the next version because of stability issues.

As always, I am looking for any and all bugs you may find. These may be entered in the EclipseNSIS project SourceForge Bug tracker. Feature requests may also be entered.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

EclipseNSIS - An NSIS IDE for the Eclipse Platform | My contributions to the wiki
iceman_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:28   #123
Comm@nder21
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Comm@nder21
cool!

did you add support for the new commands that come with nsis 2.24? (FOCUS flag for InstallOptions, new predefines etc...)
Comm@nder21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:57   #124
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

Since NSIS 2.24 is not yet released, I haven't added support for it. Once it is released, I may release an update for it.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

EclipseNSIS - An NSIS IDE for the Eclipse Platform | My contributions to the wiki
Old 19th February 2007, 18:07   #125

Awesome! Is it possible to tune-up bitmap controls a bit? For example shift bitmap icon a bit to the left/right to unhidden digits showing size when dragging borders. Maybe even display actual bitmap (specified in text label) instead of an icon? But the first thing I would ask is to enable these bitmaps in preview - perhaps it just the matter of copying them along with preview script in temp directory.
******** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2007, 15:56   #126
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

Quote:
Is it possible to tune-up bitmap controls a bit? For example shift bitmap icon a bit to the left/right to unhidden digits showing size when dragging borders.
I don't quite understand what you mean by this.

Quote:
Maybe even display actual bitmap (specified in text label) instead of an icon? But the first thing I would ask is to enable these bitmaps in preview - perhaps it just the matter of copying them along with preview script in temp directory.
Displaying the actual bitmap is not really feasible.
You see, the TEXT property of the bitmap refers to the location of the bitmap on the target system- so if you are setting its value to a local file name on your system, you are making a mistake. There is no way to know what bitmap is going to be there at the named location on the target system, so showing the "actual" bitmap is not possible.
However, I will implement some sort of visual cue of the size and location of the bitmap/icon controls in the preview.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 21st February 2007, 06:59   #127

Quote:
Originally posted by iceman_k
I don't quite understand what you mean by this.
I mean that while you drag the border of bitmap control there is an icon inside which does not allow you to see the size of the box clearly.

Quote:
Displaying the actual bitmap is not really feasible.
You see, the TEXT property of the bitmap refers to the location of the bitmap on the target system- so if you are setting its value to a local file name on your system, you are making a mistake. There is no way to know what bitmap is going to be there at the named location on the target system, so showing the "actual" bitmap is not possible.
However, I will implement some sort of visual cue of the size and location of the bitmap/icon controls in the preview.
Aha.. Is it possible then in EclipseNSIS to parse installoptions .ini and detect the errors like this one - when user specified bitmaps in installoptions, but forgot to include them into .nsi file to extract to $PLUGINSDIR ?

The logic seems to be pretty simple for previewer - the only problem is to remind user to extract the bitmaps to $PLUGINSDIR as needed.
Old 21st February 2007, 12:47   #128
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

However, how can EclipseNSIS know which .nsi file the .ini file will be used with? The same .ini file can be used with potentially unlimited number of .nsi files.
Also, it is possible that the image file for the bitmap is not part of the installer, e.g., it is already present on the target system or it will be downloaded from some web site, etc. So, it is unlikely that what you are asking will ever happen. However, since (I assume) the developer is actually testing the installer before releasing it, (s)he will see that the bitmap file is missing and correct the problem accordingly.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 24th February 2007, 06:37   #129

Indeed, EclipseNSIS can't figure out what .nsi is used to display given .ini, but it could parse .nsi files, detect all included .ini and then walk through bitmaps and throw a warning (suppressable) if the file referenced in bitmap is not included in .nsi or extracted to plugins dir. Is that possible?

Just for testing design I wish I knew Java to make a patch to cover my basic scenario when .bmp files referenced from .ini are included in preview .nsi file to be unpacked in $PLUGINSDIR later and displayed during preview. How can I iterate over the list of bitmaps in .ini and run a filter just before preview .ini will be processed?
Old 24th February 2007, 11:11   #130
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

Quote:
Originally posted by ********
Indeed, EclipseNSIS can't figure out what .nsi is used to display given .ini, but it could parse .nsi files, detect all included .ini and then walk through bitmaps and throw a warning (suppressable) if the file referenced in bitmap is not included in .nsi or extracted to plugins dir. Is that possible?
You still don't get what I mean.
The TEXT property of the bitmap field in the ini file refers to the RUNTIME location of the bitmap file. Even if the ini file is parsed, EclipseNSIS is not going to know how the bitmap file is going to get to that runtime location.
A typical usage scenario for InstallOptions is as follows:

code:

File /oname=$PLUGINSDIR\setup.ini setup.ini
File /oname=$PLUGINSDIR\setup.bmp c:\My Local Directory\MyCoolBitmap.bmp
WriteIniStr $PLUGINSDIR\setup.ini "Field 5" Text "$PLUGINSDIR\setup.bmp"
installoptions::show $PLUGINSDIR\setup.ini

Parsing the ini file to look at the bitmap is not going to serve any purpose.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 24th February 2007, 20:24   #131
SuperPat

EclipseNSIS InstallOptionsEx Editor?

What do you think about an EclipseNSIS InstallOptionsEx Editor?
Is would be very useful for me.

InstallOptionEx unofficial thread

SuperPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2007, 22:26   #132
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

I had discussed this with Deguix about a year or so ago.
The problems I have faced in the past are:
a) InstallOptionsEx is changing all the time- i.e., there is not yet a stable final release.
b) It is very buggy (at least the last time I looked at it).

If a stable and final release can be made, then I will consider it.
I understand that in the lifecycle of any product there will be enhancements, changes, etc. However, IOEx was evolving to rapidly for me to consider it.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 25th February 2007, 10:31   #133
SuperPat

Quote:
InstallOptionsEx is changing all the time
A little less now than Deguix gave up.

Quote:
It is very buggy
It is precisely which I get busy with my unofficial version, debug it a maximum.

Quote:
If a stable and final release can be made, then I will consider it.
I released a stable version in the same time as the beta2 of UltraModernUI.

Quote:
IOEx was evolving to rapidly for me to consider it.
The only change which I envisages in a future a little more away, is the possibility of creating pages in new dialog. (typically, MessageBox personalized).
Except this, there should not be other modifications (except if somebody on the forum is interested to do it).

SuperPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2007, 10:54   #134
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

OK, then, when you release a "final" version, I will look at it again. It will probably have to be for 0.9.6, however.
In the meantime, I will observe the forum thread and see what the user feedback is like.
BTW, kudos to you for resurrecting a dead project.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 26th February 2007, 15:32   #135
Sheik

Hi Iceman,

Since Deguix abandoned the code, I believe its SuperPat's (and my) intention to just basically do bug fixes only on IOEx...
Sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 22:44   #136

Quote:
Even if the ini file is parsed, EclipseNSIS is not going to know how the bitmap file is going to get to that runtime location.
A typical usage scenario for InstallOptions is as follows:
code:

File /oname=$PLUGINSDIR\setup.ini setup.ini
File /oname=$PLUGINSDIR\setup.bmp c:\My Local Directory\MyCoolBitmap.bmp
WriteIniStr $PLUGINSDIR\setup.ini "Field 5" Text "$PLUGINSDIR\setup.bmp"
installoptions::show $PLUGINSDIR\setup.ini

Parsing the ini file to look at the bitmap is not going to serve any purpose.
So, the typical location of .ini is temporary $PLUGINSDIR directory. If there are any relative BITMAP references in .ini files then they should be resolved from $PLUGINDIR directory and it is a kind of check EclipseNSIS could be able to perform on .nsi, isn't it? I understand that it is a very specific case and although it is IMO the most common one I do not insist that a workaround should be there, even if it is possible.

Where can I download 0.9.5.1, BTW?
Old 28th February 2007, 23:11   #137
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

$PLUGINSDIR does not exist until the installer is run on the end-user's machine. It is different everytime the installer is run. So it cannnot be resolved or validated on the developer's machine. I think you are missing the difference between RUNTIME and COMPILETIME.
Also, it doesn't have to be $PLUGINSDIR- it can be anywhere on the end-user's machine. NOT on the developer's machine.
That is the last I am going to say on this subject. Unfortunately, the feature you are want is not going to happen (at least in the near future), because it is impractical to implement at this time.
It is much easier for the developer to validate that the bitmaps exist by simply compiling and running the installer.

0.9.5.1 should be available in a week or so, if all goes well.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Last edited by iceman_k; 1st March 2007 at 00:23.
Old 1st March 2007, 17:10   #138

Ok. I understand. I thought it was possible to check if "File /oname=$PLUGINSDIR\setup.bmp .." entry exists in .nsi for each setup.bmp referenced in .ini
Quote:

0.9.5.1 should be available in a week or so, if all goes well.
Thanks.
Old 15th March 2007, 08:52   #139

How does it go? Any chances to see 0.9.5.1 soon? =)
Old 15th March 2007, 09:45   #140
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

It will be releaased today.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 15th March 2007, 19:50   #141
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

EclipseNSIS 0.9.5.1 and EclipseNSIS InstallOptions Editor 0.9.5.1 released

EclipseNSIS 0.9.5.1 and EclipseNSIS InstallOptions Editor 0.9.5.1 are both available for download now.

Changes:

EclipseNSIS
  • Added support for new predefines.
  • Added support for /P compiler option.
  • Fixed outline view filter.
  • Added preference for saving file(s) before compilation.
  • Added functionality for associating headers (*.nsh) with a script (*.nsi).
  • Added support for new FOCUS flag.
  • Added visual indication of bitmap and icon locations in preview.
  • Improved resize feedback.
  • Added preference to automatically save InstallOptions script before preview.
  • Bug fixes:
    o 1662888

Notes:
Windows 98 & ME are no longer supported. Windows Vista is provisionally supported.
The next version (0.9.6) will be upgraded to work with Eclipse 3.3 and will be timed to release soon after the release of Eclipse 3.3 (around June 2007).

As always, I am looking for any and all bugs you may find. These may be entered in the EclipseNSIS project SourceForge Bug tracker. Feature requests may also be entered.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 18th March 2007, 17:33   #142
Comm@nder21
Major Dude

be sure to keep up to date with nsis itself, as i'm still working on improving, changing and adding new commands and features from time to time
Old 27th March 2007, 19:18   #143
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

EclipseNSIS Archived Site now available

The complete EclipseNSIS distribution is now available as an Eclipse archived update site.
See Eclipse help on how to install features from an archived site.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 5th May 2007, 09:46   #144

Kewl1 However, I would rename SF package from eclipsensis.archived.site to eclipsensis.update.site as now it is easy to assume that it is a plain backup of web content from http://eclipsensis.sourceforge.net/index.shtml
Old 5th May 2007, 16:21   #145
Comm@nder21
Major Dude

be sure to update it with latest nsis additions

(new and changed installoptions controls, new nsis commands and constants)
Old 5th May 2007, 23:59   #146
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

The next version is scheduled to be released following the Eclipse 3.3 launch, and it will support all new features of NSIS and InstallOptions.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 28th June 2007, 18:08   #147
o_owd

Send a message via ICQ to o_owd Send a message via Yahoo to o_owd
Hello,

First of all let me say - great job ! I really like the new version of EclipseNSIS.

One question (not really related to NSIS) - How do I associate ".nsi" extension with Eclipse ? I tried manually but it does not work.
If I enter - "path to eclipse\eclipse.exe" "%1" - as the command for "open" action, Eclipse is launched but no file is opened.

Thanks.
o_owd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 18:17   #148
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

I don't think Eclipse allows you to provide the file name as part of the command line. Your best bet is to check out the Eclipse documentation for this.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 28th June 2007, 18:20   #149
kichik
M.I.A.
[NSIS Dev, Mod]

You can create a new workspace, maybe from a template workspace and edit the Memento XML to add the file to the opened files list. An enormous overkill, but should work

NSIS FAQ | NSIS Home Page | Donate $
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -- Confucius
kichik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 06:51   #150
o_owd

Send a message via ICQ to o_owd Send a message via Yahoo to o_owd
I asked about this (see 3 posts above) in Eclipse newsgroups and i got an answer :
"This is currently not possible."

Too bad.
o_owd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 18:40   #151
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

EclipseNSIS 0.9.6 and EclipseNSIS InstallOptions Editor 0.9.6 released

EclipseNSIS 0.9.6 and EclipseNSIS InstallOptions Editor 0.9.6 are both available for download now.

Notes:
  • Windows Vista should now be supported, but has not been exhaustively tested with the application.
  • The new nsDialogs plugin is not supported by the InstallOptions editor, however I will explore some sort of support for it in the future.

Changes:

EclipseNSIS
  • Added support for changes in NSIS 2.26:
    o New variables and constants ($EXEPATH, $EXEFILE, $PROGRAMFILES64, $PROGRAMFILES32, $COMMONFILES64, $COMMONFILES32
    o New InstallLib options (LIBRARY_IGNORE_VERSION and LIBRARY_X64).
    o New and changed commands (SetRegView, GetDLLVersionLocal, MessageBox and File)
    o Fixed support for Windows Vista
    o Wizard now supports 32-bit or 64-bit target platforms.
  • Bug Fixes
    o 1714373
    o 1733997
    o 1745754
    o 1760927
    o 1770860

• Added support for new HLine and VLine controls.
  • Added support for line-breaks in Link controls.
  • Bug fixes:
    o 1734246

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 15th August 2007, 15:43   #152
xbarns

I updated my Eclipse and EclipseNSIS today, and where everything worked fine before i now have a problem "compiling".

When i now open any of my .nsi files i am not presented with the option of "CompileScript" in the EclipseNSIS menu, it is greyed out.

If i create a new .nsi file using EclipseNSIS Script Wizard it works fine , until i close Eclipse, when i reopen the file i have the same behaviour as stated above....

I know this probably only is a configuration issue, but i don't get where i go wrong.

Any help or "being pointed in the right direction" would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
xbarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2007, 15:52   #153
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

Can you provide the details of your operating system and Eclipse version?

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 16th August 2007, 06:19   #154
xbarns

Oh sorry should have thought of that

OS: Windows XP Professional SP2, German (fully patched)
Eclispe Version: 3.3.0 Build id: I20070625-1500
Old 16th August 2007, 09:14   #155

Will there be an all-in-one update site distribution for 0.9.6? Downloads ratio of 1/8 for version 0.9.5.1 is good enough to consider experiment successful including the fact the package released two weeks later after a main release.

I would appreciate the option to download all three eslipsensis arts and install them at once by pointing from within an eclipse rather than messing with unzip and eclipse folders.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:29   #156
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

Quote:
Originally posted by xbarns
Oh sorry should have thought of that

OS: Windows XP Professional SP2, German (fully patched)
Eclispe Version: 3.3.0 Build id: I20070625-1500
Hmmm... that should be fine.
Did you check the error log to see if any errors were being reported?

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 16th August 2007, 14:47   #157
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

Quote:
Originally posted by ********
Will there be an all-in-one update site distribution for 0.9.6? Downloads ratio of 1/8 for version 0.9.5.1 is good enough to consider experiment successful including the fact the package released two weeks later after a main release.

I would appreciate the option to download all three eslipsensis arts and install them at once by pointing from within an eclipse rather than messing with unzip and eclipse folders.
It is available now for download.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Old 17th August 2007, 09:39   #158
xbarns

well i found two logfiles that i deemed interesting

eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.update\error_recovery.log

LogEntry.0=START_INSTALL_LOG
LogEntry.1=BUNDLE C:\Programme\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.draw2d_3.2.100.v20070529.jar1187335010171.tmp
LogEntry.2=BUNDLE C:\Programme\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.gef_3.2.100.v20070620.jar1187335010187.tmp
LogEntry.3=FEATURE C:\Programme\eclipse\features\org.eclipse.gef_3.3.0.v20070620\feature1187335010187.xml
LogEntry.4=ALL_FEATURES_INSTALLED
LogEntry.5=RENAME C:\Programme\eclipse\features\org.eclipse.gef_3.3.0.v20070620\feature1187335010187.xml
LogEntry.6=RENAME C:\Programme\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.draw2d_3.2.100.v20070529.jar1187335010171.tmp
LogEntry.7=RENAME C:\Programme\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.gef_3.2.100.v20070620.jar1187335010187.tmp
LogEntry.8=END_INSTALL_LOG
eof=eof

eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.update\install.log

!CONFIGURATION 1187334412890 Fri Aug 17 09:06:52 CEST 2007
!ACTIVITY 1187334428609 Aug 17, 2007 09:07:08.609 file:/C:/Programme/eclipse/ site-install success

!CONFIGURATION 1187334488937 Fri Aug 17 09:08:08 CEST 2007
!ACTIVITY 1187334486390 Aug 17, 2007 09:08:06.390 org.eclipse.rcp.patch1_3.3.0.v20070705_330 feature-install success
!ACTIVITY 1187334488890 Aug 17, 2007 09:08:08.890 org.eclipse.rcp.patch1_3.3.0.v20070705_330 feature-enable success

!CONFIGURATION 1187335010281 Fri Aug 17 09:16:50 CEST 2007
!ACTIVITY 1187334954031 Aug 17, 2007 09:15:54.31 net.sf.eclipsensis_0.9.6 feature-install success
!ACTIVITY 1187335009437 Aug 17, 2007 09:16:49.437 net.sf.eclipsensis_0.9.6 feature-enable success
!ACTIVITY 1187335009437 Aug 17, 2007 09:16:49.437 net.sf.eclipsensis.installoptions_0.9.6 feature-install success
!ACTIVITY 1187335009687 Aug 17, 2007 09:16:49.687 net.sf.eclipsensis.installoptions_0.9.6 feature-enable success
!ACTIVITY 1187335009687 Aug 17, 2007 09:16:49.687 net.sf.eclipsensis.source_0.9.6 feature-install success
!ACTIVITY 1187335009921 Aug 17, 2007 09:16:49.921 net.sf.eclipsensis.source_0.9.6 feature-enable success
!ACTIVITY 1187335009921 Aug 17, 2007 09:16:49.921 net.sf.eclipsensis.utilities_0.9.2 feature-install success
!ACTIVITY 1187335010031 Aug 17, 2007 09:16:50.31 net.sf.eclipsensis.utilities_0.9.2 feature-enable success
!ACTIVITY 1187335010031 Aug 17, 2007 09:16:50.31 org.eclipse.gef_3.3.0.v20070620 feature-install success
!ACTIVITY 1187335010234 Aug 17, 2007 09:16:50.234 org.eclipse.gef_3.3.0.v20070620 feature-enable success

I downloaded all the Items again (Java (5.11 / 6u2), Nsis, Eclipse, EclipseNSIS (0.9.5.1 AND 0.9.6) and tried it again on my machine. I also tried it on a brand new VMWare XP Prof SP1 English. Nothing it shows the same behaviour as described above.

Here is what i do

1. Install Java
2. Install NSIS
3. Install Eclipse
4. Install EclipseNSIS and GEF 3.3.0

am i missing anything ?

and all because i only wanted to draw my custom pages instead of editing an ini file

Any Ideas ? Anyone ?
Old 17th August 2007, 10:39   #159
xbarns

Ok i went back to Eclipse 3.2.2 and EclipseNSIS 0.9.5.1, everything works again
Old 17th August 2007, 12:49   #160
iceman_k
NSIS Dev

Quote:
Originally posted by xbarns
well i found two logfiles that i deemed interesting

eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.update\error_recovery.log

eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.update\install.log

No, the error log I mean can be accessed by going to Window->Show View->Error Log in the Eclipse 3.3 menu.

Cheers,
Iceman_K

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion