Old 1st August 2006, 21:23   #1
sanitysama

Radio Stream aliasing

I have a ton of internet streams, sorted by filename, which means they are sorted by their IP address and not title. So I have a ton of radio station titles that don't look alike all enskewed and mixed together. They look downright ugly. There has to be some way to make this:

DJ Cotts - Hardcore Ch00nage Vol.2 (D I G I T A L L Y - I M P O R T E D & HappyHardcore.com - Hardcore - DJ mixes, hard dance and NuNRG!)

Look like this:

di.fm - Hardcore - DJ Cotts - Hardcore Ch00nage Vol.2

I'd like it very much if there was a radio stream aliasing plug-in that would allow me to rename these horribly titled radio stations to something I can read easier when I'm searching for a genre to listen to. Something that will allow you to add a URL to an alias list (where it will fetch the current stream info) then allow me to permanently change how it looks so everytime I open that stream it'll title it the way I want to.

Of course when changing the digitally imported titles, I don't mean omit the "track playing" part of the title. I want to still be able to see what's playing. So in the end maybe the alias would look something like this:

di.fm - Hardcore - %t

P.S. Another peeve I have is when I connect to a di.fm server it will open a crappy pop-up in winamp browser. Web browser needs to be eliminated entirely. ;(
sanitysama is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist