Old 30th April 2000, 00:39   #1
emckenna

I have downloaded the MP3 files and converted them to WAV files through Winamp. I them copy the WAV files to a CD using Adeptec Easy CD Creator. When I attempt to play the CD in my home unit it does not recognize the disc. I then tried to play the disc through my computer's CD player and I get a message that it is an invalid file extension CDA. I am able to play the converted files through my Windows Media Player but I am unable to get them working on a disc. What am I doing wrong? Thanks...
Old 30th April 2000, 01:22   #2
bsbuckeye21

Make sure that you select "Close this session" instead of "leave this session open" if you want to read the CD-R on any CD player.
Old 30th April 2000, 03:33   #3
skeemster

I had the same problem as emckenna and I did "Close the session" on the cd. In fact, I checked it many times over. It still does not play on a regular CD player. The CD player doesn't even recognize the track. Any ideas on what else it could be?

Thanks,
skeemster
Old 30th April 2000, 03:41   #4
Tom

Was it a CD-R or a CD-RW?
Most stereos can only read CD-R's and a few have problems with CD-R's.

Did you choose to create and audio CD?
This is an important step, somewhere (not sure for Easy CD Creator) there is an option when you make a new CD to make an audio CD. This converts the WAV's to CDA, which is the format of the tracks on CD's.

Those are the more common problems, if you did all that then post back here and we'll see what else we can come up with.

Tom
http://players.shoutclub.net
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2000, 14:29   #5
Olivier

It is also possible to directly burn Audio Cd, from .mp3, w/o converting them in .wav.

See http://www.goldenhawk.com/cdrwin.htm
Old 4th May 2000, 22:54   #6
stevenhuts

I have the same setup. I created CDs and my old boom box would not read them but they did work in a friends car CD player and on another (newer) stereo. I have never got one to work on the old player but all have worked with the new equipment......
stevenhuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2000, 08:57   #7
skeemster

It was a CD-R and there were other songs on there that I recorded from other CD's. This song was the first MP3 that I tried to burn onto the same CD. The other songs can be heard perfectly on a regular CD player. I did not close the whole CD, but I did close the sessions that the CD songs were in. After burning the MP3 onto the CD-R with Adaptec Easy CD Creator, it says that the CD was created successfully. But when I try to play it in a regular CD player, the CD player doesn't even recognize the track. It stops right after the songs that were burned from another CD. I also made sure that I closed the session after burning the .WAV file onto the CD. And yes, I did convert the .MP3 file to .WAV file using Winamp 2.60. Do you guys think that the version matters? Or do you think it's the MP3 itself? If not, what else could it be? This problem is driving me crazy!

Thanks guys,
skeemster
Old 5th May 2000, 10:37   #8
Olivier

Do not forget that a classical CD player can only play the first session of the burned CD.

On the other hand, if you play it with MS audio cd player, you discover that it can play all the sessions... but it's a computer, all is possible. In a hifi cd player, manufacturers have to respect the red-book standard.
Old 5th May 2000, 23:51   #9
Lektro

At first: you can never play mp3`s in a normal cd-player.

At second it is not handy to burn something at an audio-cd where the sesion has closed but not the whole cd.

Hope i could help you whit this answer.

If you want to reply: Lektro_@hotmail.com
Old 6th May 2000, 05:11   #10
TheDuck

skeemster,

It's my understanding that you cannot record any more songs on to a CDR once you close a session. And if you don't close a session, you can't play the CD in any home/car player. What this means is that you better record ALL your songs at once on a CDR. You CANNOT record, play in car or home player, and come back and record more songs! A home cd player will only recognize the initial recording, not anything recorded later.

And now Aiwa makes a car cd player that can play mp3s!!! No conversion needed. It plays regular cds, CDR, CDRW, and mp3 format on CDR and CDRW! Imagine how many songs you can fit on a CD in mp3 format! Assuming 5meg mp3s, you can fit 140 songs on a single 700mb disc! And it's only $299.

Duck (and no, I don't work for Aiwa, just thought it was neat)
TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support