Old 23rd July 2009, 04:42   #1
shanusaran

Help is needed for this newb!

Ok, ive tried reading several threads but i cant seem to get this down...i need to embed a player to my fubar lounge and be able to control the music at all times, ive downloaded shoutcast and winamp plus Shoutcast SourceDSP v1.9.1 and Signal Processing Studio DSP v0.39b...but i have no idea what to do from here! i know the answer is in these forums somewhere but i cant figure it out, can someone explain it to me in layman's as best as possible? Oh, and i dont really have a budget so a free way would be nice
shanusaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 06:02   #2
Nick@ss

Heres some handy tutorials to get you going - when you get stuck tell us where you have got to so we know what you have done.

I Like Tunes Streaming Tutorial
Evil Lu's Local Streaming Tutorial

free will only get you so far with this thing as bandwidth costs money but you will learn better this way anyway.
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009, 06:33   #3
voodoohippie

Send a message via Yahoo to voodoohippie
FREE shoutcast servers suck especially listen2 ha ha my ha ha spam yup because they try and get you to buy their junk. Good quality stations will pay for a good server, get a license and be legal. L2mr is OK if you want to play music for a small private group of people maybe 3 listeners at 128K but then again if you have 10MB Upload you can run the FREE shoutcast DNAS server software on your machine and get better results. Stream with AAC and you might get 10 listeners at 64K AAC. But for a station AAC+ is not supported by as many players as good old Mp3 and for this reason I suggest paying for a good Shoutcast host.

Free yourself from the shackles of Top40 and Rap!
stations.swcast.net/thelegacy

Great Broadcasting Software Windows XP/7/8
http://nextkast.com

For Progressive Rock, Classic Rock http://thelegacy.shorturl.com
voodoohippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions