Old 23rd September 2010, 20:20   #1
GravAMP

Alter Winamp Taskbar Title

How can I change Winamp's taskbar title to dislay the current tracks time remaining and get rid of those *** when it's set to scroll the title?
GravAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:41   #2
DrO

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/ttm.html allows you to remove the *** part and custom parts of the text though it doesn't have the means to insert the current track's position or remaining time into it. will log it to look into adding over the next few days.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:47   #3
GravAMP

Tried it, works great with it's current functionality. Would really love it if you could integrate the track time. Please keep me updated if any progress is made. Thanks for the speedy reply.
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:52   #4
DrO

i'll need to have a think over how to deal with updating the text when scrolling is enabled (is a lot simpler when scrolling is off) as need to update the state on a timer but am sure i can work out something

-daz
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:35   #5
GravAMP

Great, hope it works out. Have you ever thought of altering the text state based on playback. I have something in mind like scrolling while playing, blinking when paused and static when stopped. That would just be gravy though
Old 24th September 2010, 16:35   #6
GravAMP

TTM (or Winamp) seems to have a bug with remembering unicode text from a previous session.
I used it to enter some sort of abstract symbols from the end of the character map. Some display OK, but when Winamp is closed and restarted I get ?s instead. I'm in Win7 x64.

Also, is there a placeholder I can use to keep leading/trailing spaces from being erased on Winamp restarts? Sorry for posting here, searched forums and didn't see an official TTM thread .

P.S., I even tried out Unicode Taskbar Fixer 2. Didn't help.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:41   #7
DrO

what string are you trying to set into the plug-in (may be safer to save it into a text file saved as unicode and then attach that) ?

though i'm wondering if there's something else going on (probably an older plug-in) as it should be remembering everything correctly as i'm working with unicode throughout the plug-in. a plug-in list -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins may help

-daz
Old 24th September 2010, 17:06   #8
GravAMP

Here's the requested files, hope they help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (9.7 KB, 203 views)
File Type: txt TTM_Winamp Title.txt (58 Bytes, 160 views)
Old 24th September 2010, 17:23   #9
DrO

rightio, plug-ins look clear and i've just tried with your string and i now see what you mean with the ? and the leading space being removed (that's down to the ini setting reading code so i'll need to change how i save things).

it looks like putting double quotes around the string will preserve the leading space though won't resolve the ? issue.

-daz
Old 24th September 2010, 17:38   #10
GravAMP

Tried double quotes. At first they showed up in the title, but after restarting Winamp they disappeared and the spaces were remembered. So that's a partial fix
Old 24th September 2010, 17:40   #11
DrO

aye, i can make the plug-in do the double-quote part in the background everytime so that will resolve that issue, just trying to work out why it's not liking the ⁞ character (which i like, didn't know about that character )

-daz
Old 24th September 2010, 18:50   #12
GravAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
aye, i can make the plug-in do the double-quote part in the background everytime so that will resolve that issue, just trying to work out why it's not liking the ⁞ character (which i like, didn't know about that character )
TipTop isn't liking unicode characters either (w/ UTF2), so whatever fix you cook up should be applied there as well. Sorry 'bout all the bugs/requests; just like your plug-ins. They're very useful and help Winamp work the way I like.
Old 24th September 2010, 19:01   #13
DrO

tiptop has a separate update in progress which i've been using with UTF2 without issue (UTF2 isn't needed with tiptop as it was designed to cope with the unicode taskbar text from the start).

however most likely the tiptop issues you're seeing are down to the last public version of it not being a true unicode plug-in (which i've now resolved in my internal version), just have to finish the albumart additions before i can roll the update out for testing.

don't worry about all of the posts, i'd rather have lots of posts than none as at least it shows someone is using some of the plug-ins i spend hours on making, heh

-daz
Old 24th September 2010, 19:23   #14
DrO

pm sent with a link to a test build to fix the unicode & spaces issues.

-daz
Old 28th September 2010, 23:07   #15
DrO

haven't forgotten this and looks like i've got things working to update the taskbar text with current / remaining time even with scrolling on (that was a fun one to work out). and as a bonus it seems to be ok on my XP and Win7 machines which is a bonus. just need to sort out some update issues when the [paused] and [stopped] states happen (with the option to show those states checked).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravAMP View Post
Have you ever thought of altering the text state based on playback. I have something in mind like scrolling while playing, blinking when paused and static when stopped. That would just be gravy though
i'm going to have a look into doing this as i can see it being useful (and annoying to some people) and with the changes for the time aspect makes this an easier feature to implement.

am hoping to have something for you to test out within the next 24hrs as i'd like to bump this to a 2.0 sooner (as i found a few other issues with the 1.0 release that could do with going live for others as well ).

-daz
Old 29th September 2010, 02:53   #16
GravAMP

Nice to see you made so much progress!! Thanks for the update (and the effort).
Old 29th September 2010, 13:16   #17
DrO

pm sent with link to a test build

-daz
Old 30th September 2010, 16:33   #18
DrO

just uploaded v2.0 of the plug-in to http://nunzioweb.com/daz/ttm.html which adds the time playing / remaining and fixes a few client issues.

GravAMP: i've made a note of the other things you've mentioned though not sure if i'll get around to looking into all of them due to some issues with how the plug-in overrides Winamp's behaviour but hopefully v2.0 is fine for your needs for the time being

-daz
Old 30th September 2010, 18:59   #19
GravAMP

Quote:
just uploaded v2.0 of the plug-in to http://nunzioweb.com/daz/ttm.html which adds the time playing / remaining and fixes a few client issues.

GravAMP: i've made a note of the other things you've mentioned though not sure if i'll get around to looking into all of them due to some issues with how the plug-in overrides Winamp's behaviour but hopefully v2.0 is fine for your needs for the time being

-daz
The ms-pause at start of text isn't really necessary DrO, especially since picking up on the fact it was scrolling twice as fast with 's scrolling also enabled. The added scroll speed from 's default scroll is actually a positive , helps to have it scroll faster when a really long entry is put into TTM.

Thanks for your help; TTM2 is just what I was hoping for and more !!
Old 30th September 2010, 19:48   #20
DrO

Quote:
TTM2 is just what I was hoping for and more !!
and that's the main thing

i'm still not sure why the text scrolls at a faster rate in that situation plus i hadn't noticed it until you'd mentioned about it last night, heh.

-daz
Old 30th September 2010, 20:03   #21
GravAMP

Quote:
and that's the main thing

i'm still not sure why the text scrolls at a faster rate in that situation plus i hadn't noticed it until you'd mentioned about it last night, heh.

-daz
haha, sometimes a quirk can be a welcome surprise
Old 30th September 2010, 20:04   #22
DrO

that's pretty much how this plug-in started off back in 2005, hehe. btw i've not forgotten the other things, just pushed for time due to other constraints so may be a week or two before i get around to resolving them now.

-daz
Old 30th September 2010, 20:20   #23
GravAMP

No problem , you've been plenty helpful as is. I'll check your website regularly for updates seeing as I use several of your plug-ins.
Old 14th March 2011, 14:53   #24
GravAMP

I'm trying to use TTM to display the total track length [hh:mm:ss] TrackTitle when playback is stopped, and display playback time remaining (-hh:mm:ss) TrackTitle once playback has resumed.
code:
$IfStrEqual2($mul(%playback_time_remaining_ms%,-1),%length%,'['$div(%length%,60000):$num($div($mod(%length%,60000),1000),2)']','('%playback_time_remaining%')') %title%
The above code fails to perform the multiplication of -1*PlaybackTimeRemaining, thus A≠B and TTM never returns the then statement when playback is stopped.
I always get the else statement regardless of playback state.

I'm not sure whether putting multiplication in an if statement is the causation or if Winamp simply isn't capable of multiplying a digit with a field.

P.S.
I used to use the following code, which worked perfectly, but would rather display the time remaining instead of elapsed during playback.
code:
$if2(<%playback_time%>,'['$div(%length%,60000):$num($div($mod(%length%,60000),1000),2)']') %title%
Old 18th May 2011, 13:20   #25
JBitch

I "heal" the problem with only "***" in windows 7 task bar like this:
1. Remove "UnicodeTaskbarFix.w5s" from Winamp\System\ directory if installed.
2. Remove all 3rd parties plugins mentioned in this thread.
3. Turn off advanced title formatting (General Preferences - Titles) and "Scroll title in the Windows Task bar" (General Preferences).
4. Restart Winamp.
5. Turn on advanced title formatting (General Preferences - Titles).
6. Restart Winamp.
7. Turn on "Scroll title in the Windows Task bar" (General Preferences).
8. Restart Winamp.

Maybe this way will help somebody else.

Last edited by JBitch; 18th May 2011 at 15:01.
JBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 13:31   #26
DrO

JBitch: "heal" what problem?

-daz
Old 18th May 2011, 15:01   #27
JBitch

The problem with only "***" in windows 7 taskbar without any title text.

PS. I tried to install taskbar title plugin but it crashes every time I enter any ATF variable.
Old 18th May 2011, 15:23   #28
DrO

well *** shouldn't be the only thing showing in the taskbar irrespective of any plug-ins present (though it's only shown by Winamp if scrolling of the title is enabled). so i'm still not sure what it is you're trying to achieve by your first post (plus the unicode taskbar fixer w5s shouldn't have any effect on things other than fixing broken 3rd party plug-ins).

as for the crash in the plug-in, without any details, examples of what you've tried to enter i can't look to even try to fix the crash (assuming it's based against the current version of the plug-in).

-daz
Old 18th May 2011, 15:32   #29
GravAMP

JBitch, that's not a problem I was aware of. This thread is about customizing text shown in the taskbar.

TTM has worked great on my Win7 machine, never had a problem with ATF crashing Winamp through use of TTM. Another plugin could be interfering with TTM, you should try disabling other plugins to find if one is the culprit.

PS
The only problem I rose in this thread is in my last post (the one about 4 posts up).

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Winamp 5.62 (5.6.2.3161)
Old 18th May 2011, 15:41   #30
DrO

GravAMP: i don't think the multiply support in ATF is meant to work with negative values (which explains why it then fails) but would need to look at what it's actually meant to do for such things. (p.s. hadn't seen your previous post until the new posts today)

-daz
Old 18th May 2011, 16:17   #31
JBitch

GravAMP OK. I tried to find the thread with a bug when only "***" (sic) is shown in taskbar and found only this one. So if this thread about customisation only - forget my post and you can stop discuss it.

And yeah... I know that crashes happen due to some problem with other plugins.

DrO. I will post info about installed plugins in appropriate thread. By the way, I've got crashes using ATF variables in separator plugin as well
Old 19th May 2011, 11:27   #32
JBitch

DrO
As far as I can't find another threat about TaskbarTextMod so I'm attaching my plugins list here. I've got Winamp crashes trying to add any ATF variable in TaskbarTextMod and Separator plugins.
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list_JBeach_110519.txt (18.6 KB, 364 views)
Old 14th April 2012, 20:01   #33
mizr3en

list of functions and variables

Hi,

Is there a list of variables and functions somewhere? I assume the if statement above is not a standard language... The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking for a variable to call a "new line."

Thanks,

mizr3en
mizr3en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 20:18   #34
DrO

http://media.winamp.com/main/help/50/atf/atf.htm though i'm pretty such you're not going to be able to split the text over multiple lines (if i remember what can and cannot be used for taskbar item text).

-daz
Old 14th April 2012, 23:07   #35
mizr3en

Thanks for the info, you're right I was unable to find a function for new line.
Old 14th April 2012, 23:11   #36
DrO

there isn't a function which will do it anyway since Winamp's playlist editor doesn't support multiple lines. however, even forceably adding the newline characters into the edit box in the plug-in shouldn't work as i tried to point out.

-daz
Old 15th April 2012, 00:44   #37
GravAMP

Calling a new line ...

Hi mizr3en, in response to Dr.O's response.

You may be able to use \n to add a line break, it was implemented in another one of Dr.O's plugins and may also be present in TTM.
As Dr.O stated though , the Windows taskbar does not support multiple lines of text for the application buttons. The \n variable may however have an affect on the tool-tip displayed above the button.

code:

"I assume the if statement above is not a standard language... "
The IfStrEqual2 (if,then,else) statement I used above does contain non-standard ATF language.
Relative to whether the -negative of the playback_time_remaining_ms is equal to the track length {IF},
the statement is designed to display the total track length [mm:ss] {THEN},
or the playback time remaining (mm:ss) {ELSE}. This one doesn't work fully.

The If2 (if,else) statement: Shows the total playback time [mm:ss] when playback has stopped {IF},
and alternatively shows the time elapsed <mm:ss> during playback {ELSE}. This one actually works!

The %title% at the end is not a part of the either statement; it is a part of the line though

Winamp 5.62 (5.6.2.3161)
Old 15th April 2012, 01:26   #38
GravAMP

Yoooh! jBitch
MAKE SURE your mp3s are properly tagged before using these (i.e. taskbar text mod, playlist separator) plug-ins. Telling them to look for tagged fields which aren't there, could result in a crash. Calling an empty field in the tagged mp3 could result in you not making any sense

P.S. this entire thread is about plug-ins which customize your experience. Not about skinz customization, in case that is how you interpreted my original reply.

Now for an attempt at an actual answer to your solution, make sure there is a check mark in the 'Use advanced title formatting when possible' field. The radio field located above that option is also relevant, I use the first (1st) option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBitch View Post
GravAMP OK. I tried to find the thread with a bug when only "***" (sic) is shown in taskbar and found only this one. So if this thread about customisation only - forget my post and you can stop discuss it.

And yeah... I know that crashes happen due to some problem with other plugins.

DrO. I will post info about installed plugins in appropriate thread. By the way, I've got crashes using ATF variables in separator plugin as well
Quote:
DrO
As far as I can't find another threat about TaskbarTextMod so I'm attaching my plugins list here. I've got Winamp crashes trying to add any ATF variable in TaskbarTextMod and Separator plugins.
Quote:
JBitch, that's not a problem I was aware of. This thread is about customizing text shown in the taskbar.

TTM has worked great on my Win7 machine, never had a problem with ATF crashing Winamp through use of TTM. Another plugin could be interfering with TTM, you should try disabling other plugins to find if one is the culprit.

PS
The only problem I rose in this thread is in my last post (the one about 4 posts up).
Quote:
The problem with only "***" in windows 7 taskbar without any title text.

PS. I tried to install taskbar title plugin but it crashes every time I enter any ATF variable.

Winamp 5.62 (5.6.2.3161)
Old 16th April 2012, 02:18   #39
mizr3en

thanks guys, even though I can only use one line the plug-in makes the experience better
Old 16th April 2012, 02:26   #40
GravAMP

So you're saying the \n function didn't work for splitting TOOLTIP lines in TaskbarTextMod?

Just curious.

Winamp 5.62 (5.6.2.3161)
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
taskbar title, track time