Old 27th March 2011, 18:40   #1
LucarFox

Milkdrop Desktop Mode Selection Problems

Super new, but I'v been meaning to make an account here for a while, this gave me a good excuse to start one...
I'v done a bunch of research and I still can't find the solution...
anyway, I'v got a decent setup with 2 screens. It's fancy and all, but I just recently just started playing around with milkdrop. Amazing isn't it? So beautiful.
I wanted it to have a nice effect by turning on background mode, but only on my second monitor. So I'v set it to use my secondary video out on my GPU. Works like a charm.

Or so I thought... after a few minutes of playing around and this running on my second screen, I noticed that I couldn't select icons on my screen on the left. Neither can I create the selection boxes in windows for selecting multiple items. It just doesn't work at all, and if I want to open the item (folder, program, whatever) I need to double click quickly otherwise It will not register as a double click. Also when I click on the left screen, the visualization on the right flashes white sometimes. Kind of annoying.

So I was wondering If anyone els has/had this issue and knows how to fix it.
Thanks in advance

BTW Specs:
3.6 ghz duel core
Nvidia GTX 460
4gb ram
Windows 7 x64
LucarFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 22:04   #2
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The whole Desktop Mode is borked under Windows 7, you can be happy, that you were able to run it at all. For me, DM is completely broken even on a single monitor only.

So the whole Desktop Mode implementation needs tons of Windows fixes/improvements. But when/if this ever will be happing I cannot say.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 00:48   #3
LucarFox

Ahh really?
Bummer.

Well, then I guess I am pretty happy then!
thanks for the reply.
Sorry about your issues
LucarFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop