Old 15th April 2012, 02:58   #1
dflowx

Use in YouTube videos for monetization ?

What are your current policies on utilizing Milkdrop visualizations professionally? In particular, can I utilize Milkdrop visualizations in videos, i.e. YouTube videos that I may want to monetize off of? If I remember, the policies for this were kind of sketchy. (I'm just talking about really low-key use for a new channel in particular which would generate really trivial revenue indefinitely. I assume it would be a different story if I made thousands of dollars off the videos....?)

A bit more specifically, I have a lot of abstract scientific/mathematical concepts I want to present to people. Milkdrop visualizations relate strongly to the fractal and algorithmic so and so ideas I'm working with. At some point I may even want to submit an idea to a patent firm, for which I have to pay to do. Again I assume it might be a separate story if the firm accepted the idea and wanted to use such a video uber-professionally... ??

Thanks!
dflowx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 22:17   #2
Nitorami
Major Dude

All I can say is you can use my presets if you like but I don't know about milkdrop as such. I am not a lawyer and do not own milkdrop. I recommend you search the forum for similar requests - I remember a few - and draw your own conclusions
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop

Tags
legal professional use