Old 17th May 2012, 14:05   #1
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Carmageddon Reincarnation

first of all, it's confirmed in the works, there's been one or two actual ingame glimpses as well (they run over a pedestrian modeled as tim schafer for part of the kickstarter video pitch) and it's looking really REALLY good so far, probably most important to note:

it's being done by the ORIGINAL developers, the originators of the IP Patrick Buckland as well as Neil Barnden heading up the project as CEO and public face person, in that order.

another good sign: they refuse to even acknowledge the existence of carmageddon 3 TDR, which was made by torus games instead of stainless.

i have to say this kickstarter was somewhat of a surprise for me, within the first few days it reached nearly above $200,000 in pledges and not only that game developing god notch himself has also pledged at the $7,500 level to secure himself a seat at a party with stainless themselves, god i want to mortgage the house right about now, but it does oddly enough seem to have tapered off quite some large bit since the first few days.

with around 20 days and around 14ish hours left to get your pledges in it honestly looks good to meet the $400,000 goal in the one month time, but that doesn't mean it's out of the woods yet, all the help that anyone who loves carmageddon or just good games that don't give a fuck about rules and honestly enjoy breaking them can help this game kick just as much ass as the first and $400k isn't the end of the goalposts either, it goes without needing to be said at this point that if a game funded on kickstarter surpasses the goal then typically it means the fans get that much better of a game for it, from what i can tell once the minimum of $400,000 is secured the overage may mostly be considered for which platforms to port it to but it's more or less just speculation at this point anyway, either way though, the more we can raise the more polished of a game we can all play in the end, simple as that, consider this, if AOL hadn't stepped in to help fund winamp development, would it be as awesome as it today? would it even still be around today? who knows, thankfully no one for the most part, but i think we can all see the results of more development money in the collective pot.

anyway, onto the meaty bits:

for as little as $15 you can secure your copy as long as it gets funded.
for the arguably less shamefully penny pinching sum of $25 you get beta access as well as access to the exclusive discussions forums on carmageddon.com

for the not shameful at all contribution level of $50 you start to get into the really cool stuff, you'll get to get your grimy mitts onto some of the extra customization bits and skins as well as a second eagle all it's own and just as badass as it's brother, you also get not one but two copies of the game at this level as well, one to keep for yourself and one for your bitter OFFLINE LAN play nemesis, or friend.

for the nearly prideful sum of $100 you get not one, not two, not three, but four copies of the game with which to corrupt others into the most awesome bloodbath of a motorsport ever conceived.

for the entirely jealousy inducing level of $150, you get... drumroll please, in this day and age, it's nearly unheard of to buy a game online and wind up with a real boxed copy, well if you still have hundreds of gameboxes sitting pretty up on a shelf somewhere or strewn about the bedroom collecting dust like a real proper videogame collector, this one is very right up your alley, an actual physical copy of the game, i know, i'm amazed too, download it from steam? yeah right, only if you're feeling masochistic and overly patient, you'll have it on an actual disk in a real box with an actual manual.

and the rewards don't stop bringing the awesome there, for the totally jealously inducing, gloating at your little brother level of $350 you step up beyond actual physical copies of the game, you get it on a USB stick, you lucky sonofa... right, who needs DVDs and cardboard boxes anyway? you could put a scratch on it and just imagine how awesome it would be to carry it around on your keyring knowing you could subject any fortunate computer you wish to the wondrous horrors of carmageddon on a whim and without the need for some flimsy plastic disc thingy.

and the rewards just get more and more mad from there on out, some highlights:
$1,000 you get to be one of the unlucky pedestrians you'll be running over in carmageddon reincarnation for points, how cool is that? you can run yourself over and survive!

$7,500 gets you an exclusive invite to a party with the carmageddon developers themselves stainless games and hell.... you may even get to hob knob with notch.... just.... try not to drool on yourself too much.

$10,000 things really get tempting here your choice of one of the following:

you can be one of those devious little level design monkeys that we all love and sometimes curse under our breath, yep that's right you pick where the checkpoints are, you put the powerups where you want them even fiddle about with the pedestrians as well and assuming you're still coherent at that point you'll get to name your abomination of all that is awesome and gory and save it as one of the levels in carmageddon reincarnation, plus you'll get the added bonus of knowing that thousands of the rest of us will be quietly muttering and cursing your name should your level be a bit of a pain in the ass.

or you could choose instead to collaborate with stainless themselves and put yourself in the game not as a pedestrian victim but as one of the drivers complete with your own demented vehicle customized to your exacting specifications.

i'll leave you finally with the link to the kickstarter webpage where you can help fund this and other awesome indie developed publisher free games.

finally, please remember that the reward tiers and amounts may or may not be subject to change, furthermore i may be completely and totally wrong about something i've pounded out up there, do not use this post as a guideline to rewards or which rewards apply to which reward tiers, for that you'll have to get the info from a person that can guarantee it's accuracy, stainless themselves of course, i merely provided a few snippets here to give you all a taste of what all is on offer and to whet the appetite.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-reincarnation

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2012, 17:06   #2
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Update

project is currently @ $354k of $400k required, $600k is the goal if you want a linux copy, already just today $20,500+ has been pledged there is also an AMA on reddit planned in just a few hours for those interested in a little Q&A on reddit, the pledging got a really big boost today, if you're on the fence about chipping in anything you can manage to put us over the top and towards linux or just be a cheap bastard and pledge a few bucks because the economy is in the toilet today is the day!

Old 27th May 2012, 13:02   #3
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

it's everything new year's eve is jealous of folks and the ball is on it's way down, less than $800 to go and counting!!!

Old 27th May 2012, 13:48   #4
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

FUNDED!
let the celebrations begin, your appetizer, don't ask where you should remember it from if you're a fan, you'll head desk when you find the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAgeYt6QCE

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center